Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie has op on torn hamstring 18:34 - Apr 19 with 1392 viewsbosh67

Poor bloke. Really feel for him. I wonder if he really can shake that kind of injury on the same leg?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 18:47 - Apr 19 with 1370 viewsisawqpratwcity

According to Wiki he's got another year on his contract so the big question is, will he be fit by August?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 23:53 - Apr 19 with 1267 viewsToast_R

It'll take a good 6 months or that to heal properly. Hamstring injuries will keep happening if not treated properly the first time. Put a dampner on Michael Owen's career. His first major hamstring tear never healed right and it dogged him until he retired.
Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 05:29 - Apr 20 with 1212 viewsparker64

Been injured on an off since he left Rangers and not convinced he was fully fit when he resigned. Couple of years older and wouldn't be able to play the way he used to. Good morale boosting signing but a poor signing on the playing front.
Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 05:49 - Apr 20 with 1206 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

If he was fit, I'd say we have potential captain material (sorry Ned).
Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 05:53 - Apr 20 with 1198 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Damn.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 06:22 - Apr 20 with 1177 viewsjohncharles

One thing we know about Jamie is that he doesn't give up easily.

Strong and stable my arse.

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 09:39 - Apr 20 with 1071 viewsfrancisbowles

Best wishes Jamie, looking forward to seeing some more of your wonder goals next season.
Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 10:42 - Apr 20 with 1037 viewsisawqpratwcity

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 05:49 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

If he was fit, I'd say we have potential captain material (sorry Ned).

Sorry, I have to disagree.

There is no doubting the bloke's commitment: he doesn't do dummy spits and he doesn't save anything for after the final whistle. On those, he is a great role model.

But to be captain, I would prefer to see some-one who automatically demanded more respect by having a higher skill level (and I mean no offence). I would also want the bloke to be a natural leader/communicator, talking, directing, cajoling, even applying a bollocking if necessary. Lastly he should be very skilled at reading the game, who's on form and who's phoning it in; analysing the play and directing the team as required, virtually part of Jimmy's brain on the pitch.

Of those three qualities, I definitely don't think he has the first and I've also doubts about the other two. Feel free to disagree, I'd be happy to be wrong.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 11:18]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie has op on torn hamstring on 11:05 - Apr 20 with 1010 viewssuperhoopdownunder

I was happy when we resigned Mackie but it looks like the 2016 model due to injuries is nowhere near the model we had when we won the Championship back in 2010-11

Hurts to say but I can't see him at Rangers much longer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024