Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
48 great shipwreck pics 15:05 - Aug 8 with 3875 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was looking up wrecks at Lunch. (as you do)

http://www.lovethesepics.com/2012/09/48-eerily-intriguing-shipwrecks/

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

48 great shipwreck pics on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 3854 viewsBoston

Do those pics include Leeds Utd?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

48 great shipwreck pics on 15:46 - Aug 8 with 3787 viewsizlingtonhoop

I've been to that one on Zakynthos. I expect a few on here might have. Saw a flying fish leave the water on the way there, and a wild fire - some of which landed on the boat - in the olive groves on the way back, along with water-dropping helicopters and all.

Another memory is a (presumably) Northern Irish fella sitting there being nursed by his girlfriend as he was going greener than Kermit. He had a massive 'No Surrender' tattoo down one arm. The Ionian was a mill pond that day!!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 15:47]
48 great shipwreck pics on 17:03 - Aug 8 with 3706 viewsToast_R

I've been to that one on Fraser Island.
48 great shipwreck pics on 19:06 - Aug 8 with 3620 viewsBoston

Is everyone on the Thames Estuary still waiting for Canvey Island to get blown up by the ammunition carrier wreck?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

48 great shipwreck pics on 19:17 - Aug 8 with 3599 viewsizlingtonhoop

48 great shipwreck pics on 19:06 - Aug 8 by Boston

Is everyone on the Thames Estuary still waiting for Canvey Island to get blown up by the ammunition carrier wreck?

It's closer to Sheppey.

And yes.
48 great shipwreck pics on 23:16 - Aug 8 with 3450 viewsPommyhoop

My local wrecks.Does it count if they are deliberately sunk?

One of the most famous wrecks on Moreton Island is the Tangalooma Wrecks. Fifteen vessels that were deliberately sunk to form a breakwall for small boats also creating an amazing wreck dive and snorkel site. Snorkelling and scuba diving at this site is an incredible adventure. The crystal clear waters provide fantastic visibility to view marine life and coral formations such as wobbegongs, trevally, kingfish yellowtail and an array of tropical fish.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

48 great shipwreck pics on 06:57 - Aug 9 with 3389 viewsjonno

I live in one of the houses on the coast in this picture...

[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 6:59]
48 great shipwreck pics on 08:43 - Aug 9 with 3342 viewsPommyhoop

48 great shipwreck pics on 06:57 - Aug 9 by jonno

Nice...
With all the wash round that wreck it looks like its still going..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

48 great shipwreck pics on 08:51 - Aug 9 with 3333 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I love this 1863 sub.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H._L._Hunley_(submarine)

[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 8:51]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

48 great shipwreck pics on 09:00 - Aug 9 with 3319 viewsMick_S

48 great shipwreck pics on 06:57 - Aug 9 by jonno

Jonno - is that Paphos? Looks like the wreck I could see from my hotel a few years ago.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

48 great shipwreck pics on 09:14 - Aug 9 with 3307 viewspaulparker

48 great shipwreck pics on 15:46 - Aug 8 by izlingtonhoop

I've been to that one on Zakynthos. I expect a few on here might have. Saw a flying fish leave the water on the way there, and a wild fire - some of which landed on the boat - in the olive groves on the way back, along with water-dropping helicopters and all.

Another memory is a (presumably) Northern Irish fella sitting there being nursed by his girlfriend as he was going greener than Kermit. He had a massive 'No Surrender' tattoo down one arm. The Ionian was a mill pond that day!!
[Post edited 8 Aug 2016 15:47]

yeah been to the one in Zakynthos as well , I actually think that's a planted ship rather than a shipwreck ,
what I will say though is that its one of the most overrated experiences in my life goint to that wreck
the beach was full of pebbles and the woman I was with at the time a distant ex nearly drowned in the sea (ha ha) , also on that holiday a bloke I got talking to during that break was walking home one night p1ssed and fell off a cliff , oh and a the best domestic row ive ever seen by the hotel bar and pool when some poor old mush had his suitcase and clothes thrown in the pool resulting in him dossing down on a sun lounger for the night
also plenty of bush fires as we kept seeing a plan land in the sea to scoop up the water to try and put the fire out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

48 great shipwreck pics on 09:30 - Aug 9 with 3291 viewsBklynRanger

48 great shipwreck pics on 09:14 - Aug 9 by paulparker

yeah been to the one in Zakynthos as well , I actually think that's a planted ship rather than a shipwreck ,
what I will say though is that its one of the most overrated experiences in my life goint to that wreck
the beach was full of pebbles and the woman I was with at the time a distant ex nearly drowned in the sea (ha ha) , also on that holiday a bloke I got talking to during that break was walking home one night p1ssed and fell off a cliff , oh and a the best domestic row ive ever seen by the hotel bar and pool when some poor old mush had his suitcase and clothes thrown in the pool resulting in him dossing down on a sun lounger for the night
also plenty of bush fires as we kept seeing a plan land in the sea to scoop up the water to try and put the fire out

Ha, sounds eventful!

There's a nice little wreck on the beach at Bunbeg in Donegal - very picture-sque.

Patagonia seems to have loads, on both the Chilean and Argentinian sides. Saw a couple of good ones there, one in the middle of nowhere and another in Punta Arenas.

Great topic, Metal.
48 great shipwreck pics on 10:47 - Aug 9 with 3245 viewsjonno

48 great shipwreck pics on 09:00 - Aug 9 by Mick_S

Jonno - is that Paphos? Looks like the wreck I could see from my hotel a few years ago.

That's it mate. Outskirts of Paphos, Chlorakas actually. It's the Demetrios II which ran aground in a storm in 1998. There's another one now, the Edro III which ran aground in 2011 a couple of miles further down the coast at the Sea Caves.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2016 17:22]
48 great shipwreck pics on 13:13 - Aug 9 with 3168 viewsR_from_afar

Good stuff, some haunting pics, but surprised there weren't any of the Skeleton Coast. Perhaps I missed them.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/afktravel/the-eerie-shipwrecks-of-n_b_8122710.html

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024