Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's Team 09:05 - Sep 22 with 1194 viewsDWQPR

Based on last nights display and to be honest there were some very encouraging performances I would pick the following, despite me not having the footballing intelligence of Hasselbaink.

Smithies

Kakay
Lynch
Hall
Bidwell

Washington
Cousins/Sandro
Luongo
South Pole

Chery
(God) Sylla

I would make Lynch captain and as a defender he has certainly shown not only good organisational skills, but brings the ball out and can hit one hell of a pass. Washington to me I reckon could excel on the flanks, he has a lot of energy and would be a great option given that he has proved previously that he can poach a goal or three. Kakay last night showed what we lack with Onouha, the ability to support his man going forward and looks a pretty decent full back as well. And Sylla already looks more potent and mobile than BFG. The Polish lad certainly knows how to play football, get behind his man and cause problems. And the Sandro debate for me is futile. I have never heard him say that he doesn't want to play for the club, I have never seen him not wanting to get involved in games like many of his fellow signings in past years and he can play football, he got Rangers moving forward last night, and the difference was stark compared to Henry. He is our player, he is good enough, play him. If he ends up going in January then everyone wins. But for now lets benefit from him.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Saturday's Team on 09:12 - Sep 22 with 1177 viewsWatford_Ranger

Quite like that team...

Where is Yeni? I know his dad died but thought he'd be available by now. Perhaps I'm insensitive.

Sandro, if available for the league, probably can't hack another game so soon.

You've got more chance of playing than Kakay but I'd also like to see him given a chance rather than be the new Harriman/Furlong.
Saturday's Team on 09:44 - Sep 22 with 1089 viewsBlue_Castello

I genuinely like the look of the team it looks far more balanced and has improvements in certain positions.

The problem is that when Jimmy selected his team for last night he would have picked it with an eye on Saturdays selection and the majority of last nights starting eleven will not be considered for playing two games in four days.
It's totally crazy that's the modern game, we should be selecting the best eleven possible for the League game, so what if they played on Wednesday and a number of last nights players deserve to be first choice......
Saturday's Team on 09:48 - Sep 22 with 1080 viewsHunterhoop

Whilst I don't necessarily think 442 should be our best formation (based on squad, etc), JFH has little to lose in playing it...he needs a win and we're at home. I'd like to see:

Smithies

Bidwell (but he needs to improve - been very disappointed with him)
Lynch
Hall
Kakay (really impressed me)

Chery
Luongo
Ariel B
Pawel

Polter
Sylla

subs: Ingram, Caulker, Onouha, Cousins, Henry, Washington, Shopipo,

I'd just quite like to see Sylla and Polter play. I think they'd be a right pain in the arse for centre halves. Both big, physical, strong in the air, hold it up and deceptively quick. Just don't think Brum's centre halves will fancy 70mins against them (bring Washington on for the last 20 when legs are tiring).

I also think it's crucial Luongo starts in the middle. Thought his tackling, movement and ball carrying were excellent last night and think he's a level above Cousins.

If we play 442, one of the CMs has to be the tackling one who won't commit forward on attacks (and leave us wide open), which means play one of Henry or Ariel. The former has been poor and the latter not had a chance. Give him one.
Saturday's Team on 09:50 - Sep 22 with 1075 viewseghamranger

Hall over Caulker?!?
Saturday's Team on 09:51 - Sep 22 with 1070 viewsWatford_Ranger

Saturday's Team on 09:50 - Sep 22 by eghamranger

Hall over Caulker?!?

Yes
Saturday's Team on 10:02 - Sep 22 with 1049 viewsHunterhoop

Saturday's Team on 09:50 - Sep 22 by eghamranger

Hall over Caulker?!?

Yes, I think so.

I'm unsure about both.

Caulker still falls asleep at times and does tend to drift too far from his other CB partner leaving a gaping hole down the middle (did it against Newcastle multiple times and again last night. He also may be on his way soon, so unsure if we want to build the team around him.

Hall, whilst positionally strong, and competent all round, isn't physical enough yet. He gets bullied to easily. Mitrovic had him on toast last game. Donaldson (of Brum) did last year. We need to get him in the gym and bulk up a bit so he can stand his ground. But he brings the ball out of defence well too, and, as I said is pretty good all round.

Lynch I really like last night. Got his body in the way a lot and reads the game well and is big and physical. Made a couple of excellent cover tackles for his LB, which should excellent reading. Slow over a yard or two, but deceptively quick over 10 yards.

Onouha shouldn't be discounted at CB either. We know (from his partnership with Dunne) when alongside a big, physical, positionally aware CB, he has attributes which are useful. He's by far our quickest defender and makes countless cover tackles for colleagues (perhaps why he's so respected in the squad) and he rarely gets outright beaten (ie. forward/winger dribbles past him). He just has a tendency to stand off a little too much and get caught out when the forward peels off him.

I think it's a good group and not at all why we're conceding.

Our problems stem from our centre midfielders not getting tight to the opposition NOR tracking runners, our inability to keep position, and our full backs (particularly Bidwell and the young lad last night) giving up far too much space out wide and failing to stop the cross.
Saturday's Team on 10:14 - Sep 22 with 1016 viewseghamranger

Think caulker and Lynch worked well last nite, even though we let 2 in, they communicated well. Some nice options at centre back.

It's a weird one at the moment. Chief isn't a right back, perch injured but I personally liked him at left back better, 2 kids are great for the future. Shame about Robinxon, I don't think bidwell is all that at times.

Our team always looks great on paper 😡
Saturday's Team on 10:24 - Sep 22 with 981 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Can only hope Ariel B didn't get any pitch time last night because JFH plans to start with him on Saturday with Henry dropped. His second half performance against Huddersfield warrants it.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's Team on 10:39 - Sep 22 with 944 viewsNorthernr

I've got a really bad feeling about Saturday. I think he'll just go back to

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Caulker
Bidwell

Henry
Luongo

Cousins
Chery
North Pole/Yeni

Polter

and if it doesn't go well it'll go off.
Saturday's Team on 10:42 - Sep 22 with 932 viewsWatford_Ranger

Saturday's Team on 10:39 - Sep 22 by Northernr

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Caulker
Bidwell

Henry
Luongo

Cousins
Chery
North Pole/Yeni

Polter

At home to a hardworking team of unspectacular players who play above themselves every week and didn't play midweek on great form with a full away end. What could go wrong?
Saturday's Team on 10:46 - Sep 22 with 919 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Caulker
Bidwell

Henry
Luongo

Cousins
Chery
North Pole/Yeni

Polter

Yep exactly I agree. And well if he does, previous LFW meltdowns will be dwarfed by the Tsunami of all meltdowns come 4.50pm!
Saturday's Team on 10:50 - Sep 22 with 903 viewsQPR_Jim

I'd go for an attacking 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.

Smithies

Kakay
Lynch
Hall
Bidwell

Ariel B
Luongo
Cousins

Pawel
Polter
Shopipo

subs: Ingram, Caulker, Onouha, Henry, Chery, Washington, Sylla.

Would have plenty of energy and attacking intent to it with options off the bench.
Saturday's Team on 11:09 - Sep 22 with 865 viewsadhoc_qpr

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Caulker
Bidwell

Henry
Luongo

Cousins
Chery
North Pole/Yeni

Polter

I think you are spot on with that prediction!

But If he would just drop Henry for Cousins, play 2 of Yeni, Pawel or Shodipe and actually play positively - it might be actually go OK.
Saturday's Team on 11:41 - Sep 22 with 821 viewsDWQPR

Smithies

Onuoha
Hall
Caulker
Bidwell

Henry
Luongo

Cousins
Chery
North Pole/Yeni

Polter

Quite frankly, if he does revert to that team and things go badly then he will deserve every bit of vitriol thrown his way. One part of being a good manager is to realise that you are also able to learn and adapt from previous mistakes. Stubbornness becomes a virtue of failure and unfortunately he strikes me of being both stubborn in his approach and arrogant as well. His players deserve better and so do we.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Saturday's Team on 11:56 - Sep 22 with 783 viewsDannytheR

I'm sure he's very attentive in training and does exactly what he's told on the pitch, but how many QPR managers are going to lose their jobs for Karl Henry?

Career killer Karl, footballing slow death.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024