Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surprisingly awful food combinations 10:13 - Mar 17 with 9590 viewsdannyblue

This morning I had peanut butter on toast with my breakfast coffee.

It was foul. Delicious separately. Disgusting together.

Any other combinations you've come across that should be fine but end up awful?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:16 - Mar 17 with 6958 viewsWokingR

Something is wrong with you
Peanut butter on toast with a cup of coffee is lovely

For me it's ham with pickle
Separately they are lovely but together it's like someone has shat in my sandwich
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:18 - Mar 17 with 6949 viewsLunarJetman

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:16 - Mar 17 by WokingR

Something is wrong with you
Peanut butter on toast with a cup of coffee is lovely

For me it's ham with pickle
Separately they are lovely but together it's like someone has shat in my sandwich

Ham and pickle is delicious!

Can't contemplate the thought of peanut butter and coffee though! In fact if truth be told, I'm not a big coffee drinker so the thought if it with anything isn't that great...
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:19 - Mar 17 with 6948 viewsdannyblue

I'm talking proper espresso strength coffee here, not some freeze-dried crap. Just to make sure we're comparing apples...
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:33 - Mar 17 with 6923 viewshopphoops

Coffee and tea mixed together is foul.

Proper coffee with a grappa in is the breakfast of champions.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:35 - Mar 17 with 6918 viewslondonscottish

Anchovies on pizzas.

In fact anchovies on anything.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:43 - Mar 17 with 6893 viewsMick_S

Remove the fruit immediately.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:47 - Mar 17 with 6875 viewsdannyblue

Meat and fruit is generally a no no.

But there are exceptions. I have to say I like roast lamb, with prunes (and anchovies).

Here's something else that doesn't work:

Red wine and curry
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 11:34 - Mar 17 with 6800 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I'm quite open minded on the whole meat and fruit combining thing. For instance, I'd have no trouble with having my meat served on Sofia Vergara's melons.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 11:36 - Mar 17 with 6788 viewsDWQPR

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 10:47 - Mar 17 by dannyblue

Meat and fruit is generally a no no.

But there are exceptions. I have to say I like roast lamb, with prunes (and anchovies).

Here's something else that doesn't work:

Red wine and curry

Meat and fruit is a must, pork with apple is a must, venison with a berry jus, you cannot beat, turkey with cranberry, the list goes on. Anchovies on Pizza is good, but the missus reckons banana on pizza is a must. Classless cow!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 11:55 - Mar 17 with 6762 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 11:36 - Mar 17 by DWQPR

Meat and fruit is a must, pork with apple is a must, venison with a berry jus, you cannot beat, turkey with cranberry, the list goes on. Anchovies on Pizza is good, but the missus reckons banana on pizza is a must. Classless cow!

I was in a restaurant in Paris last year. It had a nine plate taster menu and about five in, we were to discover just what chef's had in mind with his paired 'banana and foie gras' offering.

It was a Japanese-French restaurant, and my colleagues being Japanese, I felt obliged to go with the flow. What an odd combo we all thought and is this not a case of less fusion, and more confusion food? As the plates left our table we all stared wondering why no one had thought of this combo before, for it was utterly fantastic!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:00 - Mar 17 with 6747 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Who fvcking puts pineapple on a Pizza.
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:07 - Mar 17 with 6737 viewsmarkrtid

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:00 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

Who fvcking puts pineapple on a Pizza.

Jason Lee
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:11 - Mar 17 with 6720 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:07 - Mar 17 by markrtid

Jason Lee

This made tea come out of my nose.

Tried to explain to the other half why I laughed but she now thinks I'm an imbecile. Well, more so than before.
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:27 - Mar 17 with 6675 viewsRickyDicky

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:11 - Mar 17 by BazzaInTheLoft

This made tea come out of my nose.

Tried to explain to the other half why I laughed but she now thinks I'm an imbecile. Well, more so than before.

Alcohol could be involved here !

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:27 - Mar 17 with 6673 viewsrunningman75

Anchovies on pizza
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 12:57 - Mar 17 with 6619 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Red Wine, Malibu and Ice Cream in a glass.

I said it was lovely, even drunk it was horrid.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:01 - Mar 17 with 6607 viewsBlackCrowe

In the days when i smoked, I had a fag and a glass of milk. Appalling combo.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:08 - Mar 17 with 6591 viewsDorse

To add to the peanut butter controversy, I had smooth peanut butter on some tiger bread yesterday. Horrifying. It was like someone had plastered the inside of my mouth.

As for weird tastes - brushing my teeth straight after finishing my coffee tastes like licorice.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:17 - Mar 17 with 6573 viewsmarkrtid

Honey and sex don't mix.

I thought it would be a great idea but the next day, being a Monday, I couldn't wait to get home home from work and shower the residue off.
It was an hellish Monday.

Eat your heart out Bangles.
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:51 - Mar 17 with 6527 viewsMonahoop

I love peanut butter. I love honey. One day in my youth I combined the two in a sandwich. It was......well the two don't mix so I didn't combine again.
I think my ultimate nightmare combinations have to be gravy with salad or brown sauce with anything. Liquid diarrhoea in a bottle. Not nice.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:55 - Mar 17 with 6516 viewsaston_hoop

Bacon and maple syrup. People rave about it but I'm not having it, its all wrong. Bacon goes with butter and brown sauce. That is it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 14:04 - Mar 17 with 6492 viewsAitch

One of my kids loves tuna and peanut butter sarnies. Yes, really. Not too bad imo but not something I'd choose to have.

Worst thing was back in my teens (when I liked the odd spliff or two) and we'd randomly grab tins out of the cupboard. Peaches & baked beans, custard and tinned spuds, ravioli and prunes, etc all had to be endured.

Edit: That doesn't fit the "Surprisingly Awful" criteria at all does it?
[Post edited 17 Mar 2017 14:05]

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 14:05 - Mar 17 with 6483 viewsblacky200

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:51 - Mar 17 by Monahoop

I love peanut butter. I love honey. One day in my youth I combined the two in a sandwich. It was......well the two don't mix so I didn't combine again.
I think my ultimate nightmare combinations have to be gravy with salad or brown sauce with anything. Liquid diarrhoea in a bottle. Not nice.

Used to get a scoop of smooth peanut butter on my fingers and stick it onto the roof of my English Bull Terrier's mouth. Hilarious watching her mouth contortions try to lick it off.
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 14:13 - Mar 17 with 6465 viewsLongsufferingR

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 13:51 - Mar 17 by Monahoop

The question has to be asked. What on earth possessed you to put gravy on your salad in the first place?
Surprisingly awful food combinations on 14:27 - Mar 17 with 6431 viewsMonahoop

Surprisingly awful food combinations on 14:13 - Mar 17 by LongsufferingR

The question has to be asked. What on earth possessed you to put gravy on your salad in the first place?

I didn't. But l have seen and known some disfunctionals including one or two relatives who have and seem to love it! The memories of seeing lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes etc swimming in a pond of gravy is making my stomach churn at the thought.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024