Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie post match 21:33 - Jul 29 with 6942 viewsdavman

Caulker is one to two weeks away. WOW. Really???? Thought he was gone.

The additions likely to be loans.

He only wants to play one formation! How many did he play today?

It looked like we had Perch, Lynch, Furlong, Onouha and most bizarrely Goss playing Centre back today at some point.

I can see that team taking a few stuffings and winning the odd game 1-0. Still not confident...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Ollie post match on 21:49 - Jul 29 with 4628 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who is going to take Caulker? He hasn't played a game for us for months and has well documented mental health and addiction issues. The only club that would buy that is....QPR.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 21:50]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Ollie post match on 22:01 - Jul 29 with 4567 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Ollie post match on 21:49 - Jul 29 by Northolt_Rs

Who is going to take Caulker? He hasn't played a game for us for months and has well documented mental health and addiction issues. The only club that would buy that is....QPR.

Let's hope he's fit. His problems start when he can't play as Ollie said. I can relate to that. I don't think i'd cope very well as a professional footballer.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Ollie post match on 22:12 - Jul 29 with 4523 viewsTheJudge

Caulker one or two weeks away from being sober?!
Ollie post match on 22:48 - Jul 29 with 4392 viewsdaveB

started game 3-5-2 and switched to 4-2-3-1 when Lynch went off. I think we'll be starting the season with 3-5-2 judging by what he said today
Ollie post match on 23:13 - Jul 29 with 4324 viewssmegma

Ollie post match on 22:48 - Jul 29 by daveB

started game 3-5-2 and switched to 4-2-3-1 when Lynch went off. I think we'll be starting the season with 3-5-2 judging by what he said today

We finished the game with 7 midfielders on the pitch playing here, there and everywhere.
Ollie post match on 02:49 - Jul 30 with 4058 viewsBrightonhoop

Ollie post match on 22:12 - Jul 29 by TheJudge

And if the drunk scratched us over the line your verdict would be what? knut.
Ollie post match on 08:29 - Jul 30 with 3820 viewsblacky200

Ollie post match on 21:49 - Jul 29 by Northolt_Rs

If we sold him to ourselves we would manage to lose money on him
Ollie post match on 08:34 - Jul 30 with 3801 viewsdaveB

Ollie post match on 23:13 - Jul 29 by smegma

We finished the game with 7 midfielders on the pitch playing here, there and everywhere.

yeah but shape was still the same and mainly due to Lynch and Bidwell being Ill and Hall injured so we had very little to choose from in defence
Login to get fewer ads

Ollie post match on 11:35 - Jul 30 with 3532 viewsoddball

Ollie post match on 22:12 - Jul 29 by TheJudge

like it centurian made me laaaarf.im only one week from being sober.
Ollie post match on 11:41 - Jul 30 with 3509 viewsHooparoo

Seems increasingly obvious to me that Ollie has no fcking idea what he's doing.

Another car crash of a season coming up I fear. Hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ollie post match on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 3410 viewsGloucs_R

Who are the wing back in a 352?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ollie post match on 12:44 - Jul 30 with 3341 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie post match on 12:19 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

Who are the wing back in a 352?

It was Robinson and Pavel today.

Pavel was forced very deep by the oppo and his inexperience in the position told.

If we are going to play 352 then better to play Furlong as rwb. He may learn a lot and not be too exposed. Save Pavel for coming on against tired defences especially away from home. We struggle to find three centre backs at the moment!

Personally, I would prefer 4231 or 4141. The latter probably suits a winger better and Manning could play on the left. Ariel, Scowen, Goss, Perch all suitable for the holding role.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 12:49]
Ollie post match on 15:05 - Jul 30 with 3140 viewsGloucs_R

Ollie post match on 12:44 - Jul 30 by francisbowles

It was Robinson and Pavel today.

Pavel was forced very deep by the oppo and his inexperience in the position told.

If we are going to play 352 then better to play Furlong as rwb. He may learn a lot and not be too exposed. Save Pavel for coming on against tired defences especially away from home. We struggle to find three centre backs at the moment!

Personally, I would prefer 4231 or 4141. The latter probably suits a winger better and Manning could play on the left. Ariel, Scowen, Goss, Perch all suitable for the holding role.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 12:49]

Our problem is, 1 up front means booting it forward.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Ollie post match on 15:44 - Jul 30 with 3037 viewssmegma

Ollie post match on 15:05 - Jul 30 by Gloucs_R

Our problem is, 1 up front means booting it forward.

We played two up front as in most pre season games.
Ollie post match on 16:17 - Jul 30 with 2963 viewsrsonist

We pulled a real number on Pav getting him to sign permanently when he did. Can only imagine he's kicking himself (or his agent more likely).
Ollie post match on 16:25 - Jul 30 with 2943 viewsWatford_Ranger

Don't mind the 5-3-2 at all but it hugely relies on Robinson staying fit.

What's happened to the Finnish kid? Is he finished?

Has anyone seen Shodipo? There's not really a role for him in such a system unless we're a goal down and throwing the kitchen sink which is a shame as he can cross a football.
Ollie post match on 16:36 - Jul 30 with 2917 viewsDesertBoot

If we start with Pawel as a wingback and start with Smith up front, we are effectively starting with nine men - neither are up to the task.
Pawel is a proper winger who can score goals, Smith is slow and not good enough.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 16:57]

Wish I could be like David Watts

Ollie post match on 16:42 - Jul 30 with 2892 viewsrsonist

Ollie post match on 16:36 - Jul 30 by DesertBoot

If we start with Pawel as a wingback and start with Smith up front, we are effectively starting with nine men - neither are up to the task.
Pawel is a proper winger who can score goals, Smith is slow and not good enough.

It wouldn't be so maddening if we hadn't already sorted it out (or happened across it by accident, it seems increasingly fairer to say) during last season. There was material evidence over a run of games that Pav and Furlong were a handy right side combination and since then Tinkerman's been mugging them and us off for literally no reason. Can they not review the tapes or something?

I'm not trying to be hyperbolic here but it is absolutely paramount to the club's future that Ollie fulfils his remit in maximising value from undoubted assets like Pav (and then rinse and repeat and keep building). Wigan sold Yanic Wildschut to Norwich for £7m last season and he's a shadow of the player Pav can be if managed correctly.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 16:46]
Ollie post match on 16:46 - Jul 30 with 2880 viewsWatford_Ranger

Ollie post match on 16:36 - Jul 30 by DesertBoot

I've heard he does a beautiful rendition of "My Way" after a few pints of Tyskie.
Ollie post match on 23:29 - Jul 30 with 2555 viewsswitchingcode

Said that we done Brentford a favour as they are closer to Grenfell tower.
Ollie post match on 09:37 - Jul 31 with 2264 viewssimmo

Ollie post match on 16:25 - Jul 30 by Watford_Ranger

Don't mind the 5-3-2 at all but it hugely relies on Robinson staying fit.

What's happened to the Finnish kid? Is he finished?

Has anyone seen Shodipo? There's not really a role for him in such a system unless we're a goal down and throwing the kitchen sink which is a shame as he can cross a football.

We can play Bidwell and Manning there, so not a problem. Haimailen still around, played pre-season.

Shodipo slowly but surely coming back from injury, but doesn't look like Olly is playing advanced wingers so not sure there's much hope for him, especially as he's behind the likes of Mackie, Ngbokoto, Wzolek and (bizzarely) maybe even Petrasso.

I don't mind 3-5-2 as it makes the most of the fact we are strongest in CM and also means we don't play full backs where we're not overly blessed. I think with Hall in the middle of the back 3 it works well, he can step forwards on occasion and Chief and Lynch have expereince at RB/LB respectively, which is what you need from those playing that position in a 3. Also means 2 up front, which again is needed for our current strikers.

The problem is that it means we lack width, especially when we're playing a team that will have our wing backs pinned back. It doesn't play to the strengths of Wzsolek who is most prominent attacking threat and limits proper service to the forwards. Overall though I think it's the best solution given the current personnel we have and can be changed to 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 with just 1 substitution.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Ollie post match on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 2194 viewsJamieNaz

Pawel was wing back on the right, for majority of the game. Spent most of the first half tracking back to defend against Max Gradel.
Petrasso went to right wing back when Pawel went off. Looked very rusty

Robinson was left wing back in the first half, then Manning in the second.
Robinson had the frustrating habit of driving crosses in on the deck when Smith was at the far post. When the striker has a head like a foot float it in, pal.

Second half our centre backs were: Furlong right sided, Onuoha centre, Perch left sided, then Goss was a straight swap for Perch.

Think the formation is promising to be honest. Scowen looked good as the anchor man, and Ariel did as well. It freed up Luongo to get forward more, and he was everywhere. Freeman also could do well in that role.

Wasn't really impressed at all with Smith, or Sylla. Smith hilariously tried to run with the ball at one point then banjoed a shot way wide of the goal.
Think I'd prefer we just played Washington and Yeni up front and stopped smashing it long.

Anyway, all these conclusions are bollocks because pre-season is pre-season.
Ollie post match on 10:37 - Jul 31 with 2160 viewsfrancisbowles

Ollie post match on 10:25 - Jul 31 by JamieNaz

Pawel was wing back on the right, for majority of the game. Spent most of the first half tracking back to defend against Max Gradel.
Petrasso went to right wing back when Pawel went off. Looked very rusty

Robinson was left wing back in the first half, then Manning in the second.
Robinson had the frustrating habit of driving crosses in on the deck when Smith was at the far post. When the striker has a head like a foot float it in, pal.

Second half our centre backs were: Furlong right sided, Onuoha centre, Perch left sided, then Goss was a straight swap for Perch.

Think the formation is promising to be honest. Scowen looked good as the anchor man, and Ariel did as well. It freed up Luongo to get forward more, and he was everywhere. Freeman also could do well in that role.

Wasn't really impressed at all with Smith, or Sylla. Smith hilariously tried to run with the ball at one point then banjoed a shot way wide of the goal.
Think I'd prefer we just played Washington and Yeni up front and stopped smashing it long.

Anyway, all these conclusions are bollocks because pre-season is pre-season.

I think we went to a back four when Goss came on. We had the full backs, Furlong and Manning 'pushed on' and Borysiuk sitting in front of the back four. It looked far more effective but the game was changing as fatigue set in, we were chasing it and Bournemouth practising seeing a game out.
Ollie post match on 10:53 - Jul 31 with 2111 viewsbob566

what the f*** is with all the injuries. We've had our summer break and the squads crocked already.

No expert on these things but;

a) is it because of crap training facilities
b) just unlucky
c) crap medical team
d) something else?
Ollie post match on 11:00 - Jul 31 with 2106 viewskensalriser

Ollie post match on 23:29 - Jul 30 by switchingcode

Said that we done Brentford a favour as they are closer to Grenfell tower.

?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024