Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
B.A. claim help. 11:08 - Jun 16 with 2890 viewsMick_S

Morning all,

A bit of advice if you don't mind. To cut a long story short, B.A. failed to put our luggage on the same flight we were on; we arrived in Budapest, luggage turned up 18 hours later, but we had to spend on toiletries/new clothes.

We made a claim and B.A. seem to not want to bother - advising us to take it up with our insurers "to avoid having to deal with two companies"

It's obviously complete b ollocks, so who do I threaten them with if they continue to mess us around?

I'm not having it, I tell you.

Thanks in advance.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

B.A. claim help. on 12:24 - Jun 16 with 2399 viewsBostonR

Are you an executive club member? If so go down that route you can actually speak to a human on the exec line. If not, it will be a slog - BA has poor customer service levels. Have always used BA with my job but over the past 12-18months the service has dropped through the floor.
B.A. claim help. on 14:23 - Jun 16 with 2325 viewsMick_S

Are you an executive club member?

No chance!

B.A. claim help. on 15:58 - Jun 16 with 2274 viewsJAPRANGERS

When I get sent around the universe on business trips, I always avoid BA like the proverbial plague. Can't beat Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific IMHO.
B.A. claim help. on 16:22 - Jun 16 with 2255 viewsthame_hoops

B.A. claim help. on 15:58 - Jun 16 by JAPRANGERS

When I get sent around the universe on business trips, I always avoid BA like the proverbial plague. Can't beat Singapore Airlines or Cathay Pacific IMHO.

I wouldn't fly anyone else but BA, and T5 is the best, I think they are excellent. It's probably easier for you to claim off travel insurance depending on the deductible. Good luck
B.A. claim help. on 17:14 - Jun 16 with 2228 viewsRangersDave

I'd forget it as a bad job mate.

The Montreal agreement looks after the airline to the detriment of the passenger.

I got 200 quid for 9 days delay in my suitcase travelling to me last year, no help with toiletries, denial etc

It's crap

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

B.A. claim help. on 11:03 - Jun 17 with 2063 viewssmegma

B.A. claim help. on 16:22 - Jun 16 by thame_hoops

I wouldn't fly anyone else but BA, and T5 is the best, I think they are excellent. It's probably easier for you to claim off travel insurance depending on the deductible. Good luck

I've only travelled BA 3 times in 35 years, once last weekend to Glasgow. Their advertising slogan is a lie.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 11:03]
B.A. claim help. on 12:18 - Jun 17 with 2036 viewsloftboy

B.A. claim help. on 11:03 - Jun 17 by smegma

I've only travelled BA 3 times in 35 years, once last weekend to Glasgow. Their advertising slogan is a lie.

Flown BA twice this year one short haul to Berlin and one Long haul to New York, both from T5 and both went without hitch, compared to Ryan air it's absolute luxury.
[Post edited 17 Jun 2017 17:07]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

B.A. claim help. on 22:22 - Jun 17 with 1918 viewsBoston

B.A. claim help. on 11:03 - Jun 17 by smegma

...but it was the football special.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

B.A. claim help. on 22:24 - Jun 17 with 1916 viewsBoston

God be with the days you could fly British Midland up to Glasgow and get served a fried breakfast....whether you liked it or not.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

B.A. claim help. on 13:30 - Jun 28 with 1724 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 17:14 - Jun 16 by RangersDave

I'd forget it as a bad job mate.

The Montreal agreement looks after the airline to the detriment of the passenger.

I got 200 quid for 9 days delay in my suitcase travelling to me last year, no help with toiletries, denial etc

It's crap

Quick update.

They are ignoring me now as I had the temerity to refuse their offer of HUF 170, which is around £0.49.

I think someone may be having a bit of a laugh.

B.A. claim help. on 13:42 - Jun 28 with 1698 viewsenfieldargh

I'm still having ag with Malaysian Airlines.
All I asked for was a copy of the letter given to other passengers on a 25 hour delayed flight. Keep getting the same answer from them saying I'm not liable for compensation which I'm not asking them for

Insurance wont accept copies of my two issued boarding passes which show the delay.
I/m only entitled to £50 from a £56 insurance policy premium. Think I'll go with a £4.00 jobies

I know its only £50 but I fly loads of times and with insurance and have never claimed, just want a bit of paybak

Roll on football season so my beloved QPR can comfort me

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

B.A. claim help. on 13:55 - Jun 28 with 1677 viewsheadhoops

Hi Mick

they are shocking when it comes to customer service. flew to sydney in prem economy and whilst on the way back to the airport in Sydney we get a text that just says. This is BA your flight is cancelled. Call xxx for further information. We call the number and a recorded message says thanks for calling BA were are shut our opening times are 9-6.

We arrive at the airport - nobody from BA, they dont even have a representative over there. Nothing. Having to get back we swop onto Qantas who can get us in the normal cabin. It took 9 months for BA to reimburse the flight difference, no apologies and I had to send dozens of emails chasing them.

This year I flew China Southern Airlines - went business and it was still £300 less than BA's premium economy and the service was 10X better. Sad really as Terminal 5 Heathrow is one of the best in the world.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

B.A. claim help. on 14:10 - Jun 28 with 1660 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 13:55 - Jun 28 by headhoops

Hi Mick

they are shocking when it comes to customer service. flew to sydney in prem economy and whilst on the way back to the airport in Sydney we get a text that just says. This is BA your flight is cancelled. Call xxx for further information. We call the number and a recorded message says thanks for calling BA were are shut our opening times are 9-6.

We arrive at the airport - nobody from BA, they dont even have a representative over there. Nothing. Having to get back we swop onto Qantas who can get us in the normal cabin. It took 9 months for BA to reimburse the flight difference, no apologies and I had to send dozens of emails chasing them.

This year I flew China Southern Airlines - went business and it was still £300 less than BA's premium economy and the service was 10X better. Sad really as Terminal 5 Heathrow is one of the best in the world.

You win.

Suddenly my 49p seems paltry in comparison.

B.A. claim help. on 15:43 - Jun 28 with 1592 viewsSonofNorfolt

Mick,

Contrary to what most say on here BA are better than most airlines when it comes to paying out, I've flown with them about 150 times and any problems I've had, which haven't been of their making, they've always paid up straight away, without having to use your insurer.
B.A. claim help. on 09:15 - Jun 29 with 1436 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 15:43 - Jun 28 by SonofNorfolt

Mick,

Contrary to what most say on here BA are better than most airlines when it comes to paying out, I've flown with them about 150 times and any problems I've had, which haven't been of their making, they've always paid up straight away, without having to use your insurer.

Cheers Mel.

That's me, that is.

B.A. claim help. on 12:52 - Jun 30 with 1319 viewsSonofNorfolt

That's what you paid for your best suit, that you wear with Woolworth trainers, that is.
B.A. claim help. on 13:04 - Jun 30 with 1307 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 12:52 - Jun 30 by SonofNorfolt

That's what you paid for your best suit, that you wear with Woolworth trainers, that is.

Well HA HA to you because they refunded me £248 yesterday so I can buy nice clothes and trainers now. Or a turntable, but that's enough about me.

B.A. claim help. on 13:23 - Jun 30 with 1288 viewsSonofNorfolt

B.A. claim help. on 13:04 - Jun 30 by Mick_S

Well HA HA to you because they refunded me £248 yesterday so I can buy nice clothes and trainers now. Or a turntable, but that's enough about me.

See. Never usually a problem.
Lufthansa once took over a year to refund me for a hotel room only doing so after my final piece of correspondence requested them to 'stop taking the fukkin pisz', and something about Dresden being flattened.
B.A. claim help. on 13:30 - Jun 30 with 1272 viewsheadhoops

B.A. claim help. on 13:04 - Jun 30 by Mick_S

glad you got sorted Mick.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

B.A. claim help. on 13:33 - Jun 30 with 1259 viewsMick_S

Thanks for your help hh.

B.A. claim help. on 13:41 - Jun 30 with 1246 viewsKonk

That’s great news, Mick. Not meaning to take all the credit, but I haven’t booked any flights with BA since I first read about your difficulties, and eventually, they’ve obviously bowed to commercial pressure and the need to get me back on board (literally and metaphorically). Given my central role in securing your pay-out, could you please see your way to lending me £248 to book a couple of BA flights for my wife and me? And would you look after my son whilst we’re away? We’ll be gone three nights absolute tops. He’s a good lad. Ta.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

B.A. claim help. on 14:07 - Jun 30 with 1212 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 13:41 - Jun 30 by Konk

That’s great news, Mick. Not meaning to take all the credit, but I haven’t booked any flights with BA since I first read about your difficulties, and eventually, they’ve obviously bowed to commercial pressure and the need to get me back on board (literally and metaphorically). Given my central role in securing your pay-out, could you please see your way to lending me £248 to book a couple of BA flights for my wife and me? And would you look after my son whilst we’re away? We’ll be gone three nights absolute tops. He’s a good lad. Ta.

Lend it to you mate, you can HAVE it.

This is my bank, can I have your details so I can contribute?

Not sure about your son.

B.A. claim help. on 14:12 - Jun 30 with 1201 viewsKonk

B.A. claim help. on 14:07 - Jun 30 by Mick_S

Lend it to you mate, you can HAVE it.

This is my bank, can I have your details so I can contribute?

Not sure about your son.

That's very generous of you, Mick. Are you sure this isn't a scam? My son is part of the deal, though; no childcare, no free flights. Take it or leave it, but I need your answer by 14:15. You should also know that I have other people interested in buying flights for us...

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

B.A. claim help. on 14:16 - Jun 30 with 1189 viewsMick_S

B.A. claim help. on 14:12 - Jun 30 by Konk

That's very generous of you, Mick. Are you sure this isn't a scam? My son is part of the deal, though; no childcare, no free flights. Take it or leave it, but I need your answer by 14:15. You should also know that I have other people interested in buying flights for us...

Sheet - just missed the deadline.

Is it this one of the people interested?

B.A. claim help. on 14:19 - Jun 30 with 1184 viewsSonofNorfolt

Hello my good friend,

How are you? The head of the family is an important role.

I've actually been in that bank, or one very similar to it in Lagos.
You even have to bribe the elevator to take you up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024