Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? 10:44 - Feb 4 with 2811 viewssuperhoopdownunder

After our business in January we are now down to 29 players in the squad
Which of the 29 players would you keep or move on this summer?

I understand the following are out of contract this summer
Ned, Mackie, Perch, Robinson, JET, Lumley, Dieng and Kakay
Which of these would you try and keep?

1 England GK Alex Smithies
2 England DF Darnell Furlong
3 England DF Jake Bidwell
4 England DF Grant Hall
5 England DF Nedum Onuoha (captain)
6 Wales DF Joel Lynch
7 England MF Luke Freeman
8 England MF Jordan Cousins
9 Northern Ireland FW Conor Washington
11 England MF Josh Scowen
12 Scotland FW Jamie Mackie
13 England GK Matt Ingram
14 Republic of Ireland MF Ryan Manning
17 England FW Matt Smith
18 England DF Jack Robinson
20 England DF Alex Baptiste
21 Australia MF Massimo Luongo
22 Poland MF Paweł Wszołek
24 England DF James Perch
29 England DF Osman Kakay
30 England MF Eberechi Eze
32 Finland DF Niko Hämäläinen
33 Belgium FW Ilias Chair
34 Nigeria MF Bright Osayi-Samuel
36 England MF David Wheeler
37 Northern Ireland FW Paul Smyth
38 England FW Aramide Oteh
40 Guinea FW Idrissa Sylla
– England FW Jay Emmanuel-Thomas

I should mention we also have 3 players out on loan
Goss
Lumley
Shodipo
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 10:47]
QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 10:55 - Feb 4 with 2770 views2Thomas2Bowles

1 England GK Alex Smithies May have to sell
4 England DF Grant Hall
5 England DF Nedum Onuoha (captain)
6 Wales DF Joel Lynch
7 England MF Luke Freeman May have to sell
8 England MF Jordan Cousins OUT
9 Northern Ireland FW Conor Washington OUT
12 Scotland FW Jamie Mackie OUT
13 England GK Matt Ingram
14 Republic of Ireland MF Ryan Manning
17 England FW Matt Smith
18 England DF Jack Robinson May get a better offer elsewhere
20 England DF Alex Baptiste
24 England DF James Perch
29 England DF Osman Kakay OUT
32 Finland DF Niko Hämäläinen OUT
33 Belgium FW Ilias Chair
34 Nigeria MF Bright Osayi-Samuel
36 England MF David Wheeler OUT
37 Northern Ireland FW Paul Smyth
38 England FW Aramide Oteh
40 Guinea FW Idrissa Sylla OUT
– England FW Jay Emmanuel-Thomas OUT

That's 8 out and a few more may be moving on.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 10:57]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 11:05 - Feb 4 with 2736 viewsMedwayR

Smithies (unless a big bid comes in), Ingram, Lumley
Furlong, Onouha, Baptiste, Hall, Lynch, Bidwell, Hamalainen
Luongo, Scowen, Cousins, Manning, Goss
Wszolek, Wheeler, Smyth, Freeman, Eze, Chair, Osayi-Samuel, Shodipo
Sylla, Smith, Oteh

So that leaves Perch, Kakay, Robinson (unless his wages are reasonable), Mackie, Washington all leaving. I'm undecided about JET as I think next year could be his season

As for signings...cover at RB needed & a CF, LW if one became available at the right price.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 11:07]

Poll: Who’s better?

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 11:05 - Feb 4 with 2729 viewsThGrimRanger

I would like to renew robinson and ned but assume they are on good whacks so it has to be for the right price.

our big problem is up front. with the benefit of hindsight Washington, sylla and smith have been terrible buys. had we bought 3 decent strikers rather than that shambles we'd have had a decent season last year and would be pushing for playoffs now.

so definitely ship those 3 out in the summer and replace.

TheGrimRanger

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 11:20 - Feb 4 with 2689 viewsderbyhoop

3 responses and all 3 want Washington gone. Despite the fact that he is not out of contract this Summer.
With the slagging off he gets on here, who is going to buy him, because he's not going to give up his contract and go back to being a postman.

To answer the OP
JET, Mackie, Kakay have to go.
I'd keep Ned, Perch and Robinson provided their wages fit our structure.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 11:44 - Feb 4 with 2615 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 11:20 - Feb 4 by derbyhoop

3 responses and all 3 want Washington gone. Despite the fact that he is not out of contract this Summer.
With the slagging off he gets on here, who is going to buy him, because he's not going to give up his contract and go back to being a postman.

To answer the OP
JET, Mackie, Kakay have to go.
I'd keep Ned, Perch and Robinson provided their wages fit our structure.

He will do ok in L1 or L2 Sell for a low fee or season loan or even a Free

He is dead weight. there is simply no sensible reason to keep him.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 12:00 - Feb 4 with 2569 viewsPunteR

To sell , i would try and get something for
Washington
Sylla
Smith
Cousins
Lynch
Ingram
The out of contract players i would keep is Robinson. Is it odd we havnt renewed Onuoha's contract considering he's club captain?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 12:03]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 14:32 - Feb 4 with 2317 viewsEsox_Lucius

1 England GK Alex Smithies
4 England DF Grant Hall
5 England DF Nedum Onuoha (captain) Definitely renew, I believe his current deal is within our pay guidelines and see no reason why that wouldn't apply in any new deal.
6 Wales DF Joel Lynch He played well yesterday in a poor game but I have generally been unimpressed with him so I wouldn't be botheed either way if he stayed or left.
7 England MF Luke Freeman Try and keep unless Ilias Chair really starts to push him as our creative midfield dynamo
8 England MF Jordan Cousins Release, he is wasted at QPR. His career path here is following that of Puncheon, Junior and Traore who all seem so much better now they have left.
9 Northern Ireland FW Conor Washington Release, he is a 1/10 as a goalscorer.
12 Scotland FW Jamie Mackie Release
13 England GK Matt Ingram Sadly release if Smithies stays, I believe him to be slightly better than Joe Lumley but not enough in it and Joe is younger.
14 Republic of Ireland MF Ryan Manning If we keep Scowen, Luongo and hall I can't see a future for him at QPR and it wouldn't be fair to keep him tucked away in the U23's
17 England FW Matt Smith Release, it would help with my neck strain... and blood pressure.
18 England DF Jack Robinson
20 England DF Alex Baptiste Hopefully he isn't costing a lot and has proved to be a bit of a find.
24 England DF James Perch Keep, a very useful utility player and better than most that we have. Much under rated.
29 England DF Osman Kakay Release
32 Finland DF Niko Hämäläinen I would like to see him make Joel Lynch superfluous as I believe he has the ability, may just need a run in the side.
33 Belgium FW Ilias Chair Big hopes for him
34 Nigeria MF Bright Osayi-Samuel Big hopes for him
36 England MF David Wheeler I haven't seen enough of him to really comment.
37 Northern Ireland FW Paul Smyth Big hopes for him
38 England FW Aramide Oteh Big hopes for him
40 Guinea FW Idrissa Sylla Keep as he is as good as we have.
– England FW Jay Emmanuel-Thomas Execute

I should mention we also have 3 players out on loan
Goss Release, I don't think that his style of play will suit us going forward despite him being a very tidy footballer.
Lumley
Shodipo

The grass is always greener.

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 16:52 - Feb 4 with 2129 viewsstevec

Keep Ned and Robinson, maybe Perch dependent on his form last third of season.

Three forwards in, Washington, Sylla and Mackie out.
Proper Right Back in.

Loungo. Improved a lot this season and we don't play particularly well when he's absent but feel he's spent over two and a half seasons given the opportunity of playing every midfield position going without ever fulfilling the requirements of whatever position he holds. Best thing might be him having a storming World Cup and someone makes a silly offer.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 17:39 - Feb 4 with 2061 viewsqpr1976

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 12:00 - Feb 4 by PunteR

To sell , i would try and get something for
Washington
Sylla
Smith
Cousins
Lynch
Ingram
The out of contract players i would keep is Robinson. Is it odd we havnt renewed Onuoha's contract considering he's club captain?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 12:03]

Not strange. We're probably waiting to see where we finish.

Bottom 3 and no chance we'd offer him a new deal on less money or that he would accept it.
Stay up and we'll probably offer him a new deal, maybe even 2 years. As Club Captain, we have leeway to offer him slightly more than other players, which may convince him to sign. But if a better team makes him an offer, I think he'll jump ship & pocket a sign on fee. Which would be a shame because for all his faults and 1 clanger per game habit, we probably won't find better at this level (Mid table Champs).

More concerning for me is that we've not offered Robinson a new deal yet.....but possibly the same logic applies as above.
QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 17:48 - Feb 4 with 2037 viewsJogo

First one through the out door should be Holloway
QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 18:38 - Feb 4 with 1967 viewsPunteR

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 17:39 - Feb 4 by qpr1976

Not strange. We're probably waiting to see where we finish.

Bottom 3 and no chance we'd offer him a new deal on less money or that he would accept it.
Stay up and we'll probably offer him a new deal, maybe even 2 years. As Club Captain, we have leeway to offer him slightly more than other players, which may convince him to sign. But if a better team makes him an offer, I think he'll jump ship & pocket a sign on fee. Which would be a shame because for all his faults and 1 clanger per game habit, we probably won't find better at this level (Mid table Champs).

More concerning for me is that we've not offered Robinson a new deal yet.....but possibly the same logic applies as above.

Yeh your probably right. Makes me think they're both off in the summer. Which is a shame. I could be reading too much into it but it gives a clue about the clubs ambition if we let two of our best defenders,one of whom is our captain just run their contracts down.
Still got a few months till the summer though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 18:44 - Feb 4 with 1954 viewsDorse

QPR squad - who to keep and who to move on this summer? on 17:48 - Feb 4 by Jogo

First one through the out door should be Holloway

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Alright, who had 10 replies before Holloway was mentioned?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024