Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Overseas Fans 20:15 - Oct 7 with 3264 viewsNoDiddley

Always nice to see the Norway R's, the Swedes etc but yesterday I met a bloke who flies in from Austria!
I'd seen him before in the White Horse (always on his own) so invited him on our conversation.
He's shows me a ticket stub from his first game ion 1989 & says he does 10-12 games a year from Zurich!
We've named him Swiss Pete (name is similar in Austrian/German which is his native tongue).
He's over for Brentfart with his missus & I've promised him a hat & scarf from my archive Rangers collection as a thank you for there support.
Overseas Fans on 20:20 - Oct 7 with 3241 viewsUPPERLOFTNZ

Fantastic effort. One of our New Zealand R's is over atm, Stu Whitney, caught 3 games I think. After a while when you go to the UK the first thing you do is make sure you coincide with home games! LOL

Football is Faith
Poll: OK.. Next season. Where do you think we will finish?

Overseas Fans on 20:29 - Oct 7 with 3192 viewsBoston

Confused is he, this Austrian bloke? It's the Zurich bit that tipped me off.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 20:30]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Overseas Fans on 21:00 - Oct 7 with 3119 viewsTacticalR

There was a large contingent of French supporters next to me. It's all very exotic.

Air hostess clique

Overseas Fans on 21:12 - Oct 7 with 3080 viewsBoston

Overseas Fans on 21:00 - Oct 7 by TacticalR

There was a large contingent of French supporters next to me. It's all very exotic.

Another confused poster, French....very erotic,ok.

Overseas Fans on 22:50 - Oct 7 with 2985 viewsBoston

I shall be in attendance, away at Ipswich, home to Sheff Wed and Villa, my 4th, 5th and 6th games of the year. I do not speak German.

Overseas Fans on 23:02 - Oct 7 with 2973 viewsBoston

...and looking forward to a few pints in the Windermere.

Overseas Fans on 00:27 - Oct 8 with 2926 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Overseas Fans on 23:02 - Oct 7 by Boston

Nice old pub, that one. Used to live 'round the corner.

Safe trip home.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Overseas Fans on 07:37 - Oct 8 with 2798 viewsNoDiddley

Overseas Fans on 00:27 - Oct 8 by BrianMcCarthy

Nice old pub, that one. Used to live 'round the corner.

Safe trip home.

Used to drink in there back in the the 70s/80s the missus is from Woodcock Hill
Login to get fewer ads

Overseas Fans on 09:07 - Oct 8 with 2713 viewsMick_S

Overseas Fans on 23:02 - Oct 7 by Boston

Blimus.

I was in there a couple of months ago. It's a cross between the old Load of Hay in Northolt and the Winchester Club.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Overseas Fans on 09:39 - Oct 8 with 2652 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Overseas Fans on 20:20 - Oct 7 by UPPERLOFTNZ

Fantastic effort. One of our New Zealand R's is over atm, Stu Whitney, caught 3 games I think. After a while when you go to the UK the first thing you do is make sure you coincide with home games! LOL

Wise words!

Somewhat ironically, there’ll be no football for me when I return soon, due to everyone warming their trotters courtesy of an ‘international break!’

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Overseas Fans on 10:29 - Oct 8 with 2600 viewssmegma

Overseas Fans on 09:39 - Oct 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Wise words!

Somewhat ironically, there’ll be no football for me when I return soon, due to everyone warming their trotters courtesy of an ‘international break!’

Its Non League Day this weekend where lots of non league clubs do special offers /reduced prices to encourage football fans to support their local club. Try it, you may find it an improvement on some of the games at HQ.
Overseas Fans on 14:56 - Oct 9 with 2304 viewsaston_hoop

My next match back in the UK is away to Forest. I can't wait, will we lose or will we scrape a draw at the City Ground? only time will tell!

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Overseas Fans on 15:16 - Oct 9 with 2279 viewsthame_hoops

what happened to all those Korean fans who came to LR En masse back in the Park Sung days....
Overseas Fans on 22:35 - Oct 9 with 2120 viewsonlyrinmoray

Overseas Fans on 14:56 - Oct 9 by aston_hoop

My next match back in the UK is away to Forest. I can't wait, will we lose or will we scrape a draw at the City Ground? only time will tell!

Hi Aston Just to let you know when recently in Palma I went to Hogans to see the Millwall game didn't see it as it was a Champions League night The owner was a bit apologetic but he couldnt see past the "glamour clubs " … prick
Overseas Fans on 22:43 - Oct 9 with 2110 viewsGloryHunter

I took two Germans on Saturday. My wife's neice and her boyfriend - a Bayern Munich supporter. They both loved it. He said Loftus Road was a much better atmosphere than they ever got at Bayern! Now they want to come back and see more games - how can I break it to them that it's not always as exciting as that?
Overseas Fans on 22:49 - Oct 9 with 2100 viewsthame_hoops

Overseas Fans on 22:43 - Oct 9 by GloryHunter

I took two Germans on Saturday. My wife's neice and her boyfriend - a Bayern Munich supporter. They both loved it. He said Loftus Road was a much better atmosphere than they ever got at Bayern! Now they want to come back and see more games - how can I break it to them that it's not always as exciting as that?

I think they were just being polite mate...
Overseas Fans on 23:28 - Oct 9 with 2066 viewsIrishR

Overseas Fans on 22:49 - Oct 9 by thame_hoops

I think they were just being polite mate...

Agreed, was at a Bayern game a few years back and the atmosphere was amazing from start to finish. Only atmosphere that has topped that was a Boca game which is on a whole new level. The stadium actually shakes when they are chanting and jumping up and down.
Overseas Fans on 08:11 - Oct 10 with 1975 viewsloftboy

Only overseas fans that got on my tits were the bloody Korean women shrieking like banshees every time there Beckham equivalent JSP got mentioned on the PA, I snapped one day and said to one “ why are you cheering for, he’s fûckinh shit” don’t think they were too impressed.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Overseas Fans on 10:06 - Oct 10 with 1911 viewsRBlock

I've got a mate from Zurich who flies over 7 or 8 times a year for home and away games. God knows why; must have the bug.
Overseas Fans on 12:30 - Oct 10 with 1836 viewshopphoops

Overseas Fans on 10:06 - Oct 10 by RBlock

I've got a mate from Zurich who flies over 7 or 8 times a year for home and away games. God knows why; must have the bug.

The flights and tickets can be cheaper than a pizza in Zurich.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Overseas Fans on 13:52 - Oct 10 with 1774 viewsGroveR

Overseas Fans on 23:28 - Oct 9 by IrishR

Agreed, was at a Bayern game a few years back and the atmosphere was amazing from start to finish. Only atmosphere that has topped that was a Boca game which is on a whole new level. The stadium actually shakes when they are chanting and jumping up and down.

The Bundesliga is priced reasonably, much more so than the Premier and even than the Championship, considering what you're getting. I've paid £15 to see Hertha play in the Olympic stadium and there were 50,000 there. Cracking atmosphere.
Overseas Fans on 10:22 - Oct 11 with 1643 viewsGloryHunter

Overseas Fans on 23:28 - Oct 9 by IrishR

I agree, but he really liked it at Rangers. I think it was being so close to the pitch and the action that impressed him.
Overseas Fans on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 1546 viewsHarbour

Overseas Fans on 10:22 - Oct 11 by GloryHunter

I agree, but he really liked it at Rangers. I think it was being so close to the pitch and the action that impressed him.

Yes agree I took 9 mates last year most thought being so close to the action was the best and something you rarely have at other grounds...if we ever move out of LR we have to try hard to keep the stands as close to the pitch as possible
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024