Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tour de France 🇫🇷 22:06 - Jul 6 with 3828 viewsRanger_Things

Who’s watching? Fantastic racing so far.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 23:24 - Jul 6 with 3118 viewsGuppy22

Cracking finish today, still thought the opening stage with the Yates was brilliant
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 06:03 - Jul 7 with 3039 viewscyprusmel

I am still hoping Cavendish comes up with a sprint finish win to take the record, he's been close twice so far.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 08:22 - Jul 7 with 2988 viewsChrisNW6

Last three Tours have been some of the greatest and this year's might top the lot.

Not sure I want Cav to break Merckx stage record, I think it's nice sharing the record with the greatest cyclist.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 08:57 - Jul 7 with 2956 viewstkqpr

Absolutely cracking start to it isn't it.

Pog is such a good character, a personality that can back it up on the bike, rides like he's playing bazball. I hope he wins.

Is it written in the stars for Cav?
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:32 - Jul 7 with 2846 viewsR_from_afar

I love it, one of the highlights of the sporting year.

Mrs R from Afar and I drove up the Tourmalet a few years back and the top of the col was shrouded in mist. Probably just as well, the drop was probably terrifying. We had a meal in the cafe at the top of the pass and the place was full of old bicycles, newspaper cuttings and other cycling memorabilia.

I always smile when the route encompasses the Col du Mont Ventoux and the commentators wax lyrical about how brutal it is. I cycled it many years ago, although the Col d'Allos, which I also cycled, is 300 metres higher and I did that when a mate and I were on a cycle camping trip, carrying all our own gear. The Ventoux was a day's outing and we left the tent and most of our kit at the campsite. I hasten to add that there is no way I could cycle either now!

Obviously, cycling the big cols is a huge physical challenge but there is a mental (!) side to it too. You have to accept that it will be hard and take ages, you can't rush those climbs. The Albula Pass in Switzerland was a beast of a climb, it took me five hours to somehow peddle myself up it. Such a rush when you finally see the summit sign.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:45 - Jul 7 with 2846 viewsChrisNW6

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:32 - Jul 7 by R_from_afar

I love it, one of the highlights of the sporting year.

Mrs R from Afar and I drove up the Tourmalet a few years back and the top of the col was shrouded in mist. Probably just as well, the drop was probably terrifying. We had a meal in the cafe at the top of the pass and the place was full of old bicycles, newspaper cuttings and other cycling memorabilia.

I always smile when the route encompasses the Col du Mont Ventoux and the commentators wax lyrical about how brutal it is. I cycled it many years ago, although the Col d'Allos, which I also cycled, is 300 metres higher and I did that when a mate and I were on a cycle camping trip, carrying all our own gear. The Ventoux was a day's outing and we left the tent and most of our kit at the campsite. I hasten to add that there is no way I could cycle either now!

Obviously, cycling the big cols is a huge physical challenge but there is a mental (!) side to it too. You have to accept that it will be hard and take ages, you can't rush those climbs. The Albula Pass in Switzerland was a beast of a climb, it took me five hours to somehow peddle myself up it. Such a rush when you finally see the summit sign.

Yesterday's mountain stage has inspired me to tackle Swains Lane in Highgate a couple of times later today. Not quite Mont Ventoux 😂 but the best London can offer.

Would love to visit some of the famous stages but that will have to wait a few years when retired.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 15:00 - Jul 7 with 2836 viewsdenhamhoop2

This could well be a rivalry to match Anquetil v Poulidor back in the day and fully expect every year when both are fit to be at the top of the Leaderboard battling for the Yellow/Polka Dot Jerseys Vingegaard and Pogacar to battle for ultimate supremacy and both to be in the talk for the GOAT in Cycling
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 15:08 - Jul 7 with 2811 viewsBoston

I'm something of a traditionalist when it comes to bike riding. Before setting out on the trusty bone shaker, I don a black Mao Zedong suit and a wide brimmed straw hat. How the Chinese don't dominate this sport I'll never know!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 16:28 - Jul 7 with 2732 viewscyprusmel

Mark Cavendish finishes 2nd, lost in the last 20 meters to Phillipson who had almost his entire team to provide back up.
Cav had no team members at all.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 16:46 - Jul 7 with 2727 viewsderbyhoop

Both Pogacar & Vinegaard are relatively young, so this rivalry could last a while.
Far and away the 2 best riders at the moment

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 17:37 - Jul 7 with 2679 viewsR_from_afar

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:45 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

Yesterday's mountain stage has inspired me to tackle Swains Lane in Highgate a couple of times later today. Not quite Mont Ventoux 😂 but the best London can offer.

Would love to visit some of the famous stages but that will have to wait a few years when retired.

Haha I like it

If you can get to Mont Ventoux, whether you go on a bike or in a bus or a car, the summit is quite something. The panorama at the top is supposed to be the best in Europe. On a good day you can see Mont Blanc in one direction and the Med in the other.

From a distance, the summit often appears snow covered but the mountain is composed of very light coloured rock.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 18:42 - Jul 7 with 2638 viewsnumptydumpty

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 16:28 - Jul 7 by cyprusmel

Mark Cavendish finishes 2nd, lost in the last 20 meters to Phillipson who had almost his entire team to provide back up.

Fudge....

That man is almost on an inevitable destiny !!!

Perhaps it will be left to the final stage...

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 19:55 - Jul 7 with 2599 viewsBushRanger82

The tour de Chiswick high rd is much better.

And as for the pedestrians sent flying when the lights are on red.
Oh, what fun!
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 20:04 - Jul 7 with 2594 viewsRanger_Things

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 16:46 - Jul 7 by derbyhoop

Both Pogacar & Vinegaard are relatively young, so this rivalry could last a while.
Far and away the 2 best riders at the moment

They are both insanely talented and the best GC riders for sure but arguably Jonas’ biggest weapon is van Aert. He is super human and without him Pog would have won last years Tour.
Shame about Cav today, he went too early but had no choice as he was so far back.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 07:34 - Jul 8 with 2451 viewsdutch

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:45 - Jul 7 by ChrisNW6

26 times up Swains Lane is the equivalent of Mont Ventoux apparently.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:43 - Jul 8 with 2321 viewsdenhamhoop2

Well it doesn't look like Cavendish is going to break the Stage Wins record as it looks like he has broken his collarbone today
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 05:56 - Jul 9 with 2218 viewscyprusmel

Sad end to a great career, I would have loved to see him win the sprint in Paris.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 06:28 - Jul 9 with 2199 viewsRs_Holy

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 16:28 - Jul 7 by cyprusmel

Also had a mechanical with gears playing up which twisted his chain... I guess the cycling Gods wanted Cav and Merckx together, side by side at the top?
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 13:44 - Jul 9 with 2123 viewsderbyhoop

Confirmed. Cav abandoned.

We were in Limoges yesterday, just over 3km from finish.
Lovely atmosphere, a few goodies from the caravan. Plenty of photos. I was surprised how much the field was strung out, considering it was a relatively flat stage. With a few bumps.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 14:24 - Jul 10 with 2012 viewscyprusmel

Mark Cavendish given another chance to ride the Tour next year.

The manager of Astana Qazaqstan said the offer to ride is there, it is now up to Mark.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 15:10 - Jul 11 with 1884 viewsdenhamhoop2

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 20:04 - Jul 7 by Ranger_Things

They are both insanely talented and the best GC riders for sure but arguably Jonas’ biggest weapon is van Aert. He is super human and without him Pog would have won last years Tour.
Shame about Cav today, he went too early but had no choice as he was so far back.

Just watching and apparently Vingegaard is very likely to lose Van Aert very soon as his missus is due and he has said he will be leaving to attend the birth of the child nice to see someone who does have his priorities in life right in sport. Given a straight fight between Tadej and Jonas I fancy Tadej to win this titanic battle
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 18:57 - Jul 15 with 1778 viewsRanger_Things

Incredible racing again today. There’s nothing between Pog and Jonas.
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 19:00 - Jul 15 with 1759 viewsandrew1302

Unchained on Netflix is really good....
Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 22:07 - Jul 15 with 1689 viewsderbyhoop

I feel Pogacar will overhaul Jonas this year.
The Jumbo Visma team aren't as dominant as last year and UAE are better. So Pog will get more help from his domestiques.

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 22:17 - Jul 15 with 1683 viewsChrisNW6

Tour de France 🇫🇷 on 22:07 - Jul 15 by derbyhoop

I feel Pogacar will overhaul Jonas this year.
The Jumbo Visma team aren't as dominant as last year and UAE are better. So Pog will get more help from his domestiques.

There's only one time trial this year and normally I would fancy Pog to get the needed seconds. But both looking so strong, I hate saying it every year with these two.... but this is the best tour I can remember 😂😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024