Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back 09:32 - Sep 19 with 2821 viewsNorthantsHoop

All last night's goals came from the left side, it is clear that Wallace is not up to the role he is needed for as a left back. Unless Niko Hamalainen is totally useless, why is he not being given a go at left back. We have seen with Kakay a re-birth and he is doing really well on the right side of defence. Time for Warburton to take a chance.
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 09:36 - Sep 19 with 2803 viewsozexile

Yes it's time.
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 09:42 - Sep 19 with 2782 viewsextratimeR

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night.

Mark Robins picked up quickly where we were weakest and put everything down Wallace's side second half, what he was doing for the first goal god only knows.
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 10:48 - Sep 19 with 2702 viewsqprd

Somehow I don’t think another lightweight inexperienced attack minded left back is going to solve our defensive woes
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 12:01 - Sep 19 with 2633 viewspeejaybee

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 10:48 - Sep 19 by qprd

Somehow I don’t think another lightweight inexperienced attack minded left back is going to solve our defensive woes

You never know unless you try.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 12:05 - Sep 19 with 2616 viewsMedwayR

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 10:48 - Sep 19 by qprd

I agree but he can't be any worse than Wallace. He must be given a chance, we've nothing to lose and he may turn out decent and have re-sale value, Wallace doesn't have that.

I presume he must currently be injured???

Poll: Who’s better?

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 12:05 - Sep 19 with 2612 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

To answer the OP, because we’ll smash him to bits the minute he has a bad game.
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 12:17 - Sep 19 with 2580 viewsfrancisbowles

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 09:42 - Sep 19 by extratimeR

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night.

Mark Robins picked up quickly where we were weakest and put everything down Wallace's side second half, what he was doing for the first goal god only knows.

Agree with that. Their wide midfield player on the right seemed to have acres of space and really took the game to us.

However, Wallace although poor on the night wasn't getting much help in front of him either. Could have done with Mark Pugh on that side. (Not suggesting we turn the clock back, as he had his limits too).

That's one good performance and one poor one from Wallace. Too early to write him off but warning signs about lack of pace are there.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 12:18]
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 16:08 - Sep 19 with 2375 viewsvegasranger

I'm surprised he is still at the club. Hasn't done very well on loan. The number of managers at QPR who could have given him a chance, suggests that none of them have rated him good enough. He's 23 now, well past a promising youngster who hasn't managed to get in front of two very suspect full backs.
Login to get fewer ads

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 16:11 - Sep 19 with 2368 viewsMatch82

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 16:08 - Sep 19 by vegasranger

I'm surprised he is still at the club. Hasn't done very well on loan. The number of managers at QPR who could have given him a chance, suggests that none of them have rated him good enough. He's 23 now, well past a promising youngster who hasn't managed to get in front of two very suspect full backs.

Most of that is also something that people were saying about Kakay six months ago though.
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 16:43 - Sep 19 with 2319 viewsvegasranger

Fair point but how often has this happened? We are trying to loan out Ody Alfa who is 21 years old, had a couple of loans to non league clubs. If he isn't better than Oteh , what is the point of keeping him in the under 23's?
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 18:28 - Sep 19 with 2225 viewsfrancisbowles

Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 16:08 - Sep 19 by vegasranger

But we gave him another year in lockdown. He also played SPL for the whole season and and had many good reviews.

Kakay by way of comparison only played SCH up to December (11+2 cup appearances). Recalled in January but not used until we ran out of defenders after the restart.

Surely we haven't given him (Niko) another year to play in the U23s or go on loan?
Why Don't We Give Niko Hamalainen a Chance At Left Back on 18:38 - Sep 19 with 2195 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What I will say though is no one would have dropped Wallace after his performance at Forest hence why Haamelainen didn’t start yesterday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024