Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulate Dieng 22:44 - Oct 31 with 1998 viewsGreenbay

Just a swifty that some of us might have missed.
That brilliant cracking winner from Ball was started by Dieng.
Long ball down field - up goes Dykes - heads back to Ball - then bang.
It took just 7 seconds from Dieng - to the ball in the back of the net.
Well done team.
Congratulate Dieng on 22:45 - Oct 31 with 1985 viewsJuzzie

Wimbledonesque route-one football!
Congratulate Dieng on 22:45 - Oct 31 with 1981 viewsToast_R

Looks like a keeper - in more than one way.
Congratulate Dieng on 22:50 - Oct 31 with 1937 viewsGreenbay

Congratulate Dieng on 22:45 - Oct 31 by Juzzie

Wimbledonesque route-one football!

Why not if we score goals like that.
There are several ways to score - that's just one of them and it suits Dykes.
Congratulate Dieng on 22:51 - Oct 31 with 1930 viewsHunterhoop

IMO, the standout differences between Dieng vs Kelly or Lumley are:

1) Coming for crosses. You can see he relishes it and has a good pair of hands. Makes a huge difference for the defence.

2) Presence/Composure, linked to the above I suppose, but he looks more confident, comfortable, strong than the other two. Again, that must rub off on his team mates and the oppo. He looks the part.

Fingers crossed. It’s early days. But he looks like a proper keeper.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 8:34]
Congratulate Dieng on 22:58 - Oct 31 with 1897 viewsGreenbay

Congratulate Dieng on 22:51 - Oct 31 by Hunterhoop

IMO, the standout differences between Dieng vs Kelly or Lumley are:

1) Coming for crosses. You can see he relishes it and has a good pair of hands. Makes a huge difference for the defence.

2) Presence/Composure, linked to the above I suppose, but he looks more confident, comfortable, strong than the other two. Again, that must rub off on his team mates and the oppo. He looks the part.

Fingers crossed. It’s early days. But he looks like a proper keeper.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 8:34]

I hope you're right Hunterhoop.
He's so calm and catches those crosses comfortably although today he came out once to catch and quickly back-pedalled. His only mistake since he took over the No.1 jersey.
And the two penalties - he moved the right way for the first and saved the second - a bit unfortunate as the ball dribbled out.
His distribution is very good - especially that huge punt upfield that led to that goal.
I think, at last, we've found a really good keeper.
And while I'm at it I thought Hamaleinen was ok as he gets used to playing in the first team.
If we can solve our defensive discipline problems - giving away penalties - we might after all have a reasonable season.
Congratulate Dieng on 23:06 - Oct 31 with 1843 viewsstowmarketrange

A bit like lumley’s pass to BOS for the 3rd goal against Cardiff on New Year’s Day then?We really did use our get out of jail free card today.
Congratulate Dieng on 23:06 - Oct 31 with 1841 viewsCiderwithRsie

He did also save a penalty, even if the b*****s scored the rebound.

That looks like it might be a useful skill this season if he can build on that.
Congratulate Dieng on 08:24 - Nov 1 with 1537 viewsgazza1

The boy, in goalkeeping terms and not age, has mad an excellent start to his career at Rangers. Massively important to have a keeper who dominates.
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulate Dieng on 09:42 - Nov 1 with 1361 viewsloftboy

Very unlucky with the penalty as well,it sort of pinged back off his stomach.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Congratulate Dieng on 09:48 - Nov 1 with 1326 viewsDixie_CT

For me the best keepers have presence and/or inspire confidence in the outifeld players. In his early days, Dieng has done both and is the best option of the three senior keepers we have on our books. He has done well to not let the own goals and penalties dent his confidence.

What I also like is his positive attitude to dealing with crosses into the box. The only time he has lost out is when he was fouled. It takes so much pressure of the defenders, especially when we are quite lightweight back there.

Can see both Lumley and Kelly leaving at the end of the season.
Congratulate Dieng on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 1313 viewsNorthantsHoop

He is doing very well, in the second half at Barnsley he kept the score down to a respectable level. He must be very frustrated that his defenders are giving away such stupid penalties. Good save from second penalty yesterday, unlucky on the follow up.
Congratulate Dieng on 10:10 - Nov 1 with 1224 viewsRog

Maybe if the defence could start to trust him to make the saves they'd stop the stupid challenges? If Barbet and Masterson had behaved then I strongly suspect Dieng would have had a clean sheet yesterday.
Congratulate Dieng on 13:04 - Nov 1 with 1050 viewsterryb

Congratulate Dieng on 10:10 - Nov 1 by Rog

Maybe if the defence could start to trust him to make the saves they'd stop the stupid challenges? If Barbet and Masterson had behaved then I strongly suspect Dieng would have had a clean sheet yesterday.

I felt that for both the Dickie & Barbet penalties, Dieng had a reasonable chance of saving a goal had they not fouled the forward. It is not easy to let the opponent get goalside & not try to stop him though.

The Masterson penalty was just a brain freeze & that can't be legislated for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024