Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview 14:34 - Dec 11 with 634 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/53630
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 14:41 - Dec 11 with 607 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks Clive. Good info.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 14:46 - Dec 11 with 595 viewsAntti_Heinola

Seen them a few times and while they have flaws, I dread to think what they'll do to our defence. I can't see us conceding less than three. Ejaria will make mincemeat of whatever right back we put out, we won't have anyone capable of dealing with Olise, and if Joao is fit he's going to murder us.
Still, at least I'll be there to see it!

Bare bones.

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 15:15 - Dec 11 with 556 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 14:46 - Dec 11 by Antti_Heinola

Seen them a few times and while they have flaws, I dread to think what they'll do to our defence. I can't see us conceding less than three. Ejaria will make mincemeat of whatever right back we put out, we won't have anyone capable of dealing with Olise, and if Joao is fit he's going to murder us.
Still, at least I'll be there to see it!

Hate to say it but in the piece the BBC did on their website about the first night the fans returned, nearly all the home sides lost!
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 15:59 - Dec 11 with 516 viewsrsonist

Could you delete the Josh Laurent bit please...
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 16:09 - Dec 11 with 509 viewsNorthernr

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 15:59 - Dec 11 by rsonist

Could you delete the Josh Laurent bit please...

Annoying x3. Firstly that we had him, and he was obviously the best player in that junior side by a street, but as a club we were so utterly disinterested in anything that Tony hadn't seen in on Premier League years that he took off elsewhere. Secondly that he's been available cheaply a couple of times since, Championship sides have taken punts, and we didn't get involved. And thirdly, how our side would benefit now from an athletic, box to box, ball playing central midfielder.
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 17:54 - Dec 11 with 439 viewsrsonist

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 16:09 - Dec 11 by Northernr

Annoying x3. Firstly that we had him, and he was obviously the best player in that junior side by a street, but as a club we were so utterly disinterested in anything that Tony hadn't seen in on Premier League years that he took off elsewhere. Secondly that he's been available cheaply a couple of times since, Championship sides have taken punts, and we didn't get involved. And thirdly, how our side would benefit now from an athletic, box to box, ball playing central midfielder.

Well, the first couple of points I can handle to an degree - he's 25 now and needed a couple of bites of the cherry to find his own path to maturity. Feels easy to fall into the trap of imagining Harriman, Ehmer, Doughty and Laurent helping Tom Hitchcock put up Clive Allen numbers.

But given our situation and that Les and Chris didn't want him to leave in the first place then yeah, it does stick in the craw he wasn't on our radar this time round. Memories stretched long enough for George Thomas so I dunno.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-explains-how-qpr-s-reputation-w

Several bitter ironies here given how Manning turned out...
Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 18:03 - Dec 11 with 423 viewsNorthernr

Summer upheaval leads to surprise start for Reading - Interview on 17:54 - Dec 11 by rsonist

Well, the first couple of points I can handle to an degree - he's 25 now and needed a couple of bites of the cherry to find his own path to maturity. Feels easy to fall into the trap of imagining Harriman, Ehmer, Doughty and Laurent helping Tom Hitchcock put up Clive Allen numbers.

But given our situation and that Les and Chris didn't want him to leave in the first place then yeah, it does stick in the craw he wasn't on our radar this time round. Memories stretched long enough for George Thomas so I dunno.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/archive/les-ferdinand-explains-how-qpr-s-reputation-w

Several bitter ironies here given how Manning turned out...

Yeh, second par is right. Les was gutted he left first time around, so annoying we weren;'t involved in bringing an affordable player back at a great age.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024