Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage 17:03 - Dec 12 with 2425 viewsDieByYourSide

At what stage does this stop being 'unlucky' and start to become viewed as an active deficiency of the team?

Poll: And it's hi ho

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:08 - Dec 12 with 2394 viewsted_hendrix

We're not unlucky we get absolutely everything we deserve, for the life of me I can't believe that people keep bringing this up (not a dig at the OP).
Endless games we have good spells that amount to no end results.
We cant hold onto point winning games.
We can't score.
We really are not very good and I make no apology for stating this but we are going to be in serious trouble this season.

It's there for all to see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:13 - Dec 12 with 2349 viewsDieByYourSide

That's what I'm saying Ted. This keeps happening (although we were admittedly only decent for the first half today) and you can't say it's unlucky if it happens every week

Poll: And it's hi ho

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:17 - Dec 12 with 2328 viewsqprd

im tired of people saying we're unlucky. we're not unlucky we get what we deserve

-Dykes: why does he continue to play? how many times can he play without creating even a half chance before we say its time to play someone else up front? or why does he contineu to be left in a formation which clearly is not suiting him...

-Shape- we create chances but dont capitalize.. why dont we try changing the shape. why is bonne playing as a left winger rather than a striker? why not try to two strikers for a f*cking change?

- why do we trot out the same useless players like cameron every week... why is cameron at age 35 playing 3 times in 7 days

-why does warbs make the same subs every week regardless of the game situation

-chair, as good of a player as he is, has been absolutely dreadful on set pieces. why does he continue to take them? we cant score for the life of us and set pieces present at least some opportunity and we have chair absolutely wasting them... meanwhile tom carroll has not been tried once

-why do we continue to still be so bad at defending set pieces? why does our team so regularly switch off in defense?

the same problems every single match... clive can basically just copy and paste his match report from any of the games this season and you wouldnt know the difference
Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:19 - Dec 12 with 2310 viewsManinBlack

It is clear that if teams like QPR, Forest and Derby don't create enough or score enough that you will be in trouble. When I heard Reading had gone four away games without a win it seemed inevitable they would get a late winner the longer it went on goalless.

Luton and Rotherham both beat Preston and Bristol City rather comfortably today, two clubs we lost at home too. Barnsley are now 7 points ahead of us.

Clearly we are in big trouble but I won't panic yet as we can get players in January who could turn this around. I will start flapping after that if results don't improve.
Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:24 - Dec 12 with 2279 viewsMedwayR

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:17 - Dec 12 by qprd

im tired of people saying we're unlucky. we're not unlucky we get what we deserve

-Dykes: why does he continue to play? how many times can he play without creating even a half chance before we say its time to play someone else up front? or why does he contineu to be left in a formation which clearly is not suiting him...

-Shape- we create chances but dont capitalize.. why dont we try changing the shape. why is bonne playing as a left winger rather than a striker? why not try to two strikers for a f*cking change?

- why do we trot out the same useless players like cameron every week... why is cameron at age 35 playing 3 times in 7 days

-why does warbs make the same subs every week regardless of the game situation

-chair, as good of a player as he is, has been absolutely dreadful on set pieces. why does he continue to take them? we cant score for the life of us and set pieces present at least some opportunity and we have chair absolutely wasting them... meanwhile tom carroll has not been tried once

-why do we continue to still be so bad at defending set pieces? why does our team so regularly switch off in defense?

the same problems every single match... clive can basically just copy and paste his match report from any of the games this season and you wouldnt know the difference

Dykes: We're not playing to his strengths, if we played on the break and got in early crosses I think we'd see a very different player. Chair has started to link up better with him but BOS is still not giving him any service, the goal vs Brentford was a prime example of what would happen if we could get an early cross in to him but BOS hangs onto the ball for too long.

Shape: I don't think shape is a problem, I think the pace at which we move the ball is the problem.

Set pieces: Couldn't agree more.

Squad rotation: As above. Particularly as Warburton moans about the number of games we play.

Poll: Who’s better?

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:37 - Dec 12 with 2211 viewssupahoopsa

Agree about the service to Dykes. Lots of people giving him a very hard time on this forum, but where are the quality crosses that a striker feeds off. I like the passing of the team and the patient build up, BUT we need to get QUALITY crosses into the box to feed Dykes. I don't think there was one good cross in the match today, a couple of pull backs, couple over hit and a couple that went straight out.

How can we judge Dykes properly when he's starved of the type of service his type of striker thives on.

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 18:05 - Dec 12 with 2138 viewsqprd

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 17:37 - Dec 12 by supahoopsa

Agree about the service to Dykes. Lots of people giving him a very hard time on this forum, but where are the quality crosses that a striker feeds off. I like the passing of the team and the patient build up, BUT we need to get QUALITY crosses into the box to feed Dykes. I don't think there was one good cross in the match today, a couple of pull backs, couple over hit and a couple that went straight out.

How can we judge Dykes properly when he's starved of the type of service his type of striker thives on.

ive seen this argument, and i actually couldnt disagree more

does the formation suit him? probably not

but today, i saw osman kakay get on the end of a cross in the box and almost score... tom carroll made a late run into the box and may have scored but for a deflection... hell, even hamalainen had a crack outside the box

dykes has played 15 games for us... he has literally 5 shots on goal that arent penalties this season. that is absolutely appalling for a striker

you can say he hasnt gotten the best service... perhaps. though we literally say every week that we create chances and dont score- doesnt that imply we actually are creating chances?

and even if i accept he has no service, what about rebounds? what about scruffy chances in the box? what about on corners and set pieces? what about him shooting from distance or creating his own chances? he just has no clue what he is doing in the box, and theres nothing else to be said

some players just have a very good instinct for hte goal.. charlie austin was a great example, he was just constantly finding himself in dangerous areas, asking questions of defenders, testing the keeper

lyndon dykes has done absolutely nothing... yes, maybe warbs should try playing him with a second striker, and maybe he will do better in a new formation... but this guy is absolutely a deer in the headlights in the box, and the stats back me up.. he never bends his runs when bright is about to cross, he always seems to mistime his jumps when crosses are played in to him, hes so often in the wrong place at the wrong time

like ive said in another thread, if i put a stationary six foot rubbish bin in the middle of the box, it would probably generate more shots on target than dykes has this season

btw, dykes is very good off the ball, he does work hard and he does link up well, particularly with back to goal. but im not sure ive seen a striker with a lesser instinct for the net....

ultimately, it comes down to warbs. he either hsa to drop him or he has to try playing to his strengths... whether that means playing chair as a second striker directly off him or playing a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2.. but this aint working
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:08]
Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 18:13 - Dec 12 with 2069 viewsted_hendrix

They make a substitution and he scores, he's 19 Years old and today was his birthday.

F ucking hell we're gift wrapping birthday presents for the opposition now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 19:21 - Dec 12 with 1937 viewsParkRoyalR

Having good spells in games and failing to take advantage on 18:05 - Dec 12 by qprd

ive seen this argument, and i actually couldnt disagree more

does the formation suit him? probably not

but today, i saw osman kakay get on the end of a cross in the box and almost score... tom carroll made a late run into the box and may have scored but for a deflection... hell, even hamalainen had a crack outside the box

dykes has played 15 games for us... he has literally 5 shots on goal that arent penalties this season. that is absolutely appalling for a striker

you can say he hasnt gotten the best service... perhaps. though we literally say every week that we create chances and dont score- doesnt that imply we actually are creating chances?

and even if i accept he has no service, what about rebounds? what about scruffy chances in the box? what about on corners and set pieces? what about him shooting from distance or creating his own chances? he just has no clue what he is doing in the box, and theres nothing else to be said

some players just have a very good instinct for hte goal.. charlie austin was a great example, he was just constantly finding himself in dangerous areas, asking questions of defenders, testing the keeper

lyndon dykes has done absolutely nothing... yes, maybe warbs should try playing him with a second striker, and maybe he will do better in a new formation... but this guy is absolutely a deer in the headlights in the box, and the stats back me up.. he never bends his runs when bright is about to cross, he always seems to mistime his jumps when crosses are played in to him, hes so often in the wrong place at the wrong time

like ive said in another thread, if i put a stationary six foot rubbish bin in the middle of the box, it would probably generate more shots on target than dykes has this season

btw, dykes is very good off the ball, he does work hard and he does link up well, particularly with back to goal. but im not sure ive seen a striker with a lesser instinct for the net....

ultimately, it comes down to warbs. he either hsa to drop him or he has to try playing to his strengths... whether that means playing chair as a second striker directly off him or playing a 4-4-2 or 4-1-3-2.. but this aint working
[Post edited 12 Dec 2020 18:08]

Thought Dykes was decent today and gave a lot more than Willock and BO'S

Won some decent headers today and was tidy on the ground, his performances for Scotland prove he can play, but if I was a Centre Forward looking at BO'S on the wing, I would'nt know whether to twist or stick either.

I don't know who was more shocked Dykes, me or BOS when he managed to put in probably his first decent cross of that type in all my time watching him for goal at Brentford.

Set pieces and Corners are beyond poor, no-one runs towards Dykes to play the one two as Eze or even Manning would have, sort our CDM's out, get more than 4 players in the opposition half, and then see if he can play at this level.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024