Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. 19:28 - Dec 15 with 1800 viewsqpr_1968

We keep a clean sheet, we can't score
when we do score, we concede more.

please, lets score and keep a clean sheet .....in the same game.

maybe our new years resolution.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 19:54 - Dec 15 with 1691 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's not balance we lack, 68 - it's quality!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 19:54]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 19:58 - Dec 15 with 1662 viewsqpr_1968

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 19:54 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

that as well elbs.

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:12 - Dec 15 with 1588 viewsbosh67

The thing is can we stay up this season having scored less than 20 goals all season?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:15 - Dec 15 with 1572 viewsdachiltern

Patience required?
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:15 - Dec 15 with 1571 viewsLunarJetman

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:12 - Dec 15 by bosh67

The thing is can we stay up this season having scored less than 20 goals all season?

You think we’re only going to score 2 goals in the next 27 games?????
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:22 - Dec 15 with 1504 viewsstevec

Sadly I can’t see that happening under the present regime.

The good players will always be looking for a way out long before we are able to complement them with equally good acquisitions. Chair will be next, what has he got to hang around for?
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 23:14 - Dec 15 with 1293 viewsstainrods_elbow

Take Chair and/or BOS out of this 'set-up' and we'd be so screwed we'd be pushing up daisies on whatever's left of Shepherds Bush Green. As it's clear the club hierarchy has no interest in building a proper squad, just selling our assets as soon as they flower to the highest/low bidder, I'd be grateful if anyone could explain what's in their 'business plan' for (especially young) supporters.

Mind you, I'm one of those old-fashioned fools who sees football clubs as clubs first and businesses second, the game as a sport and not an industry, and holds out hope that loyalty, love of QPR and playing for the shirt mean something. I should punch myself to sleep!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:14]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 23:21 - Dec 15 with 1274 viewsqpr_1968

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 23:14 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

Take Chair and/or BOS out of this 'set-up' and we'd be so screwed we'd be pushing up daisies on whatever's left of Shepherds Bush Green. As it's clear the club hierarchy has no interest in building a proper squad, just selling our assets as soon as they flower to the highest/low bidder, I'd be grateful if anyone could explain what's in their 'business plan' for (especially young) supporters.

Mind you, I'm one of those old-fashioned fools who sees football clubs as clubs first and businesses second, the game as a sport and not an industry, and holds out hope that loyalty, love of QPR and playing for the shirt mean something. I should punch myself to sleep!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2020 23:14]

i'm with you on that one.
everyone likes to see their team do well on the pitch.
and any glimmer of hope early to mid season that we're gonna do something you just want to keep that team together.
us fans are not fools, we know when we've got something.....and we know when its all going down the pan.

at the moment its the latter.

Login to get fewer ads

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 01:04 - Dec 16 with 1210 viewsbob566

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 23:21 - Dec 15 by qpr_1968

i'm with you on that one.
everyone likes to see their team do well on the pitch.
and any glimmer of hope early to mid season that we're gonna do something you just want to keep that team together.
us fans are not fools, we know when we've got something.....and we know when its all going down the pan.

at the moment its the latter.

Well the fans can help out by selling out the stadium too. Is it a full crowd every match. That helps. Haven't checked stats but have attendances slipped behind Brentford and Fulham. Obviously pre covid
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 08:24 - Dec 16 with 1023 viewsNortholt_Rs

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 19:54 - Dec 15 by stainrods_elbow

Willock 0
Bos 1
Adomah 0
Bonne 2
Dykes 1

....from open play all season! There’s the MASSIVE problem. Teams playing against us know the risk of us scoring a goal is minuscule so they have nothing to fear.... Our goal ‘threat’ has relegation written all over it. The Wycombe game is a ‘must win’ for Warburton.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2020 8:27]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 08:52 - Dec 16 with 953 viewsTheChef

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 20:12 - Dec 15 by bosh67

Salient point on comms last night, without Eze, Wells and Hugill we have lost 40 goals from the team.

Dykes desperately needs a goal but seems to be going backwards in confidence. Bonne is still not convincing but then probably needs more game time. Our set pieces are generally not good enough. So you're looking at a bit of magic from Chair, BOS etc.

Tough times but we need to find a way through. I'll take any old goal off someone's ar5e at Wycombe on Saturday.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 14:15 - Dec 16 with 845 viewsPinnerPaul

From a mathematical point of view 8 teams have scored less than us but only 5 teams have less points so that points to the GA column - no?
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 14:44 - Dec 16 with 810 viewsnix

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 14:15 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

From a mathematical point of view 8 teams have scored less than us but only 5 teams have less points so that points to the GA column - no?

Mathematically, yes, but then if some of those shots had gone in then we probably would have been in the ascendancy and the other team is less likely to score. I can see why Warburton stresses the misses as much as defensive lapses.
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 14:47 - Dec 16 with 808 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Weren’t we all doom and gloom last December, then entered the new year by banging the arse out of Cardiff and Swansea?
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 15:06 - Dec 16 with 776 viewsDWQPR

What we need on the pitch is some proper leaders. Cameron is not a captain and certainly not much left of him as a footballer. Barbet is weak and needs replacing which will in turn improve Dickie. BOS needs to stop his showboating and also stop trying to beat the same man twice, just use your pace and get the cross in, then maybe Dykes will get a better service. Carroll is shouldering too much because of Cameron's lack of ability. What this team needs more than anything is a Clint Hill and a Shaun Derry. Grisly, knarly, and above all both leaders.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 15:23 - Dec 16 with 754 viewsPinnerPaul

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 14:44 - Dec 16 by nix

Mathematically, yes, but then if some of those shots had gone in then we probably would have been in the ascendancy and the other team is less likely to score. I can see why Warburton stresses the misses as much as defensive lapses.

I was being a bit simple there I think!

No doubt that recently we HAVE tightened up at the back - two teams that (amazingly to me) have a good shot at the play offs have been restricted to very few chances.

Sort of related, but where I am with the critics among you - is that it wasn't long ago when the defence was getting pearlers for conceding too many soft goals - which was true - and it was intimated that if only 'Warburton and his staff could sort that out' - famous last words, but now that HAS been sorted, its poor old Mr Dykes copping all the stick with little or no credit given to the players and MW and his staff for at least making us harder to score against.
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 15:59 - Dec 16 with 697 viewsnix

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 15:23 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

No doubt that recently we HAVE tightened up at the back - two teams that (amazingly to me) have a good shot at the play offs have been restricted to very few chances.

Sort of related, but where I am with the critics among you - is that it wasn't long ago when the defence was getting pearlers for conceding too many soft goals - which was true - and it was intimated that if only 'Warburton and his staff could sort that out' - famous last words, but now that HAS been sorted, its poor old Mr Dykes copping all the stick with little or no credit given to the players and MW and his staff for at least making us harder to score against.

Yep, it goes to show it's not as simple as just fixing one thing and everything will be fine. Or that Dykes is just not good enough. I guess it's also about getting the balance right between defence and attack. Putting just enough emphasis on supporting your strikers and getting into the box for crosses but still also being ready to track back and help defend. It might seem obvious at first sight that we just need to put more people in the box, but then changing one aspect is bound to have an effect on something else.

We haven't got that many points to play with, so he's focusing on defence atm I think because we want to at least pick up some points, so can't afford to lose. If we were on 24 points I think he'd favour the attack and not be so bothered about how many we let in. Plus for the fans and the team, not losing is important to keep up morale.
The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 16:10 - Dec 16 with 673 viewsTheChef

The right balance will come soon.....have faith. on 15:23 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Ha, very true!

On the positive side we are still creating good chances in each game, just not putting them away. I'd be more concerned if we looked completely toothless.

The other thing we need to improve on is sustaining our performance more over 90 minutes, and especially addressing the post half time lull between 45 and 60 minutes when we seem especially vulnerable.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024