Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Big Decisions 13:11 - Jan 21 with 2086 viewsPinnerPaul

Only seen live once but here goes

1) Handball 1st half - Pretty clear pen to me - old law or new law. Possible ref didn't see it, but AR should have helped him out there.

2) Charlie disallowed goal - Although it cost me some money as I had Charlie to score anytime - think on balance it was a foul. Don't think it was given for 'Dangerous play' as that would have been an indirect free kick. Charlie didn't make contact with defender's head, but did kick him, so that one was probably right.

3) Dieng double save - Morrison NOT offside for the 2nd shot - if you look carefully you can see Charlie ask the AR if it was him that played him on - yes it was Charlie!

4) Cameron send off(s) - Pretty lucky boy I thought. Given the conditions 1st yellow, probably one of those 'orange' ones - foot was a bit high so could have been red. However the little tug on Moore shortly after - that was a foul and a (2nd) yellow I thought.

All other cautions good for me and don't think he missed any.
The Big Decisions on 13:17 - Jan 21 with 1572 viewsQPRSteve

As for (2) Defender should have got out the bloody way

What's your view on Dyke's disallowed goal? I missed it as I got distracted but someone told me it should have stood.
The Big Decisions on 13:21 - Jan 21 with 1547 viewsNorthernr

2 - some suggestion it's been disallowed for handball. It's never a foul in a month of Sundays.

Dykes disallowed goal, not mentioned, is a joke as well. Morrison just chucks himself.
The Big Decisions on 13:24 - Jan 21 with 1525 viewssprocket

The Big Decisions on 13:21 - Jan 21 by Northernr

2 - some suggestion it's been disallowed for handball. It's never a foul in a month of Sundays.

Dykes disallowed goal, not mentioned, is a joke as well. Morrison just chucks himself.

I think it came off Charlies arm alright so in VAR world would have been disallowed. Don't think the ref gave it for handball.
The Big Decisions on 13:24 - Jan 21 with 1517 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 13:17 - Jan 21 by QPRSteve

As for (2) Defender should have got out the bloody way

What's your view on Dyke's disallowed goal? I missed it as I got distracted but someone told me it should have stood.

Sorry - yeah missed that one.

Its becoming a 'thing' in football now and especially by defenders.

Get yourself in between your opponent and the ball and hit the deck.

Defenders know that refs are always going to give it - wrong and its just a fk to the defending side, allow it and you're wrong and its a goal - 'safe' refereeing if you like.

On balance though, I'm proably giving it like the ref last night, but contact WAS minimal.
The Big Decisions on 13:30 - Jan 21 with 1483 viewsNorthernr

The Big Decisions on 13:24 - Jan 21 by PinnerPaul

Defenders know that refs are always going to give it - wrong and its just a fk to the defending side, allow it and you're wrong and its a goal - 'safe' refereeing if you like.

On balance though, I'm proably giving it like the ref last night, but contact WAS minimal.

It's a crock of sht, in general, and that one in particular.
The Big Decisions on 13:40 - Jan 21 with 1426 viewsfrancisbowles

Sorry Pinner but I agree with Clive. Dykes is getting pulled up every game for being strong and most of them are down to 'safe refereeing'. This is a real bugbear.

Another thing I am finding really annoying is kicking the ball away every time the whistle blows. We are guilty of it occasionally but others are 'being professional' every time. What happened to yellow cards for it?
The Big Decisions on 13:42 - Jan 21 with 1405 viewskarl

As they didn't end in actual big decisions you've not commented but I was wound up by the referee blowing for any minimal contact by our attacking players leaning into defenders or the slightest nudge whereas I thought they were able to give sly pushes to our defenders when they were in the air and made them miss headers.
The biggest one being when Cameron had to recover and could have given away a penalty if the forward had gone down theatrically?
Fair enough allow the contact but it has to be at both ends, is this another example of us not being vocal enough? It's a sorry situation when the refs are able to be swayed like that and surely they're making a rod for their own back if teams think they have to harangue and chase the ref to get a fair crack of the decisions.
Something that has to be looked at by the refs organisers, similar to giving a penalty if a player doesn't go down easily (dive) but is obviously impeded and unable to take the chance otherwise. Discouraging diving and gamesmanship will make their jobs easier you'd hope
The Big Decisions on 13:46 - Jan 21 with 1374 viewsOldPedro

The Big Decisions on 13:40 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

Sorry Pinner but I agree with Clive. Dykes is getting pulled up every game for being strong and most of them are down to 'safe refereeing'. This is a real bugbear.

Another thing I am finding really annoying is kicking the ball away every time the whistle blows. We are guilty of it occasionally but others are 'being professional' every time. What happened to yellow cards for it?

The kicking the ball away was annoying me too. Cardiff were doing it from about 10 mins in to stop us taking free kicks quickly and to break up the game. To me this is no different to us taking an age over a free kick in the 2nd half where the ref booked Chair.

Cardiff players kept throwing themselves to the floor and the ref kept buying it

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Login to get fewer ads

The Big Decisions on 13:47 - Jan 21 with 1369 viewsNorthernr

The Big Decisions on 13:42 - Jan 21 by karl

As they didn't end in actual big decisions you've not commented but I was wound up by the referee blowing for any minimal contact by our attacking players leaning into defenders or the slightest nudge whereas I thought they were able to give sly pushes to our defenders when they were in the air and made them miss headers.
The biggest one being when Cameron had to recover and could have given away a penalty if the forward had gone down theatrically?
Fair enough allow the contact but it has to be at both ends, is this another example of us not being vocal enough? It's a sorry situation when the refs are able to be swayed like that and surely they're making a rod for their own back if teams think they have to harangue and chase the ref to get a fair crack of the decisions.
Something that has to be looked at by the refs organisers, similar to giving a penalty if a player doesn't go down easily (dive) but is obviously impeded and unable to take the chance otherwise. Discouraging diving and gamesmanship will make their jobs easier you'd hope

Yeh, as well as numerous big decisions wrong, the penalty at the start is a joke he's looking straight at it, he was also maddeningly inconsistent. There was an incident on 78 where Dykes was pretty obviously pulled to the ground in a challenge with Morrison and nothing was given, fine if you want to write that off as a 50/50 in a physical game I can live with that, but then literally within ten seconds on the other side of the halfway line Glatzel goes down in identical circumstances with Barbet and was awarded a free kick.
He was incredibly harsh on some players, Dykes in particular, while others, including Cameron on our side, seemed to be allowed to get away with whatever they liked. As in the game at our place, Vaulks and Ralls allowed to foul, bitch, moan and boot the ball away throughout the game without so much as a word.
Worst refereeing performance we've had in one of our games for some time. Big decisions wrong, inconsistent in his decision making.
The Big Decisions on 13:47 - Jan 21 with 1361 viewsNorthernr

The Big Decisions on 13:46 - Jan 21 by OldPedro

The kicking the ball away was annoying me too. Cardiff were doing it from about 10 mins in to stop us taking free kicks quickly and to break up the game. To me this is no different to us taking an age over a free kick in the 2nd half where the ref booked Chair.

Cardiff players kept throwing themselves to the floor and the ref kept buying it

He did also let Bonne away with this a couple of times after he came on.
The Big Decisions on 13:47 - Jan 21 with 1359 viewsMyke

The Big Decisions on 13:24 - Jan 21 by PinnerPaul

It's a shame, because it would have been the icing on the cake. No bearing on the result, but a goal from play would have done wonders for Dykes' confidence and was well earned after that performance. See how much more of a spring in a step there was to Bonne last night after his goal v Luton. Strikers thrive on goals. It would have been nice too for Charlie to have got two from two. But to be honest, and this might sound a bit weird, if we are winning games I would prefer to see Bonne, Dykes and the likes of Willock and Chair scoring than Charlie.
The Big Decisions on 13:53 - Jan 21 with 1321 viewsted_hendrix

I thought we won 3-0 away from home last night? apparently not I'll have to settle for a 1-0 win instead.

I dunno score 3 goals but only 1 goal is allowed to stand.

Never mind kicking the ball away, you should be allowed to kick the ref away.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Big Decisions on 14:03 - Jan 21 with 1257 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 13:21 - Jan 21 by Northernr

Handball? That's possible I suppose - ANY touch on hand/arm by attacker in these circumstances is handball now as we know.

'Your' Action Images still implies there WAS contact by Charlie's boot though?

Dykes 'goal' see my post after yours.

What did you think of the Cameron 'orange' and the 'missed' 2nd yellow/foul?
The Big Decisions on 14:05 - Jan 21 with 1248 viewsNorthernr

The Big Decisions on 14:03 - Jan 21 by PinnerPaul

Handball? That's possible I suppose - ANY touch on hand/arm by attacker in these circumstances is handball now as we know.

'Your' Action Images still implies there WAS contact by Charlie's boot though?

Dykes 'goal' see my post after yours.

What did you think of the Cameron 'orange' and the 'missed' 2nd yellow/foul?

I thought Cameron was lucky to stay on. As I've said in another post, he seemed to let some players (Cameron, Morrison) do as they pleased, while others (Dykes) got hammered.

He was all over the place. Dire display.
The Big Decisions on 14:05 - Jan 21 with 1247 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 13:30 - Jan 21 by Northernr

It's a crock of sht, in general, and that one in particular.

Yeah agree its bugging me now as well - players are doing that all over the pitch and 9/10 are being given. Its even been noticed on 'Ref Chat'!
The Big Decisions on 14:06 - Jan 21 with 1241 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 13:40 - Jan 21 by francisbowles

Again, another facet of the game that's become accepted by both players and referees it seems - yes you're right we DO it as well.
The Big Decisions on 14:08 - Jan 21 with 1227 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 13:42 - Jan 21 by karl

Fair enough on the going down aspect Karl, but I thought he was pretty consistent on fouls myself - we always get wound up by fouls against us!
The Big Decisions on 14:13 - Jan 21 with 1201 viewsPinnerPaul

The Big Decisions on 14:05 - Jan 21 by Northernr

I thought Cameron was lucky to stay on. As I've said in another post, he seemed to let some players (Cameron, Morrison) do as they pleased, while others (Dykes) got hammered.

He was all over the place. Dire display.

Fair enough, we're never going to use the same language re the ref, dire a bit much for me, but can see where you're coming from.

The non pen is the big no no for me - between them ref and AR have to give that one.

No consolation and many don't believe me but he WILL get marked down for that - no 'mitigation' there re positioning, as you say, either.
The Big Decisions on 14:21 - Jan 21 with 1161 viewsPerthRs

The Big Decisions on 14:13 - Jan 21 by PinnerPaul

Fair enough, we're never going to use the same language re the ref, dire a bit much for me, but can see where you're coming from.

The non pen is the big no no for me - between them ref and AR have to give that one.

No consolation and many don't believe me but he WILL get marked down for that - no 'mitigation' there re positioning, as you say, either.

Pinner I posted this on the Expat Friendly post earlier and having watched this again today I think the Ref was conned into those decisions both goals should have stood in my eyes and how he didn't see the handball God only knows, but agree with you regarding Cameron very lucky not to see red.

"Thanks Boston really appreciated here in Australia watched the game at 3am here, likewise I thought that both disallowed goals looked good, Cardiff trained in the dark arts of putting on a show in front of the ref."
The Big Decisions on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 1156 viewsNorthernr

The Big Decisions on 14:21 - Jan 21 by PerthRs

Pinner I posted this on the Expat Friendly post earlier and having watched this again today I think the Ref was conned into those decisions both goals should have stood in my eyes and how he didn't see the handball God only knows, but agree with you regarding Cameron very lucky not to see red.

"Thanks Boston really appreciated here in Australia watched the game at 3am here, likewise I thought that both disallowed goals looked good, Cardiff trained in the dark arts of putting on a show in front of the ref."

Morrison seemed pretty keen to referee the thing himself and frankly Bond was so bad we might not have done much worse if he had.
The Big Decisions on 14:35 - Jan 21 with 1091 viewsnix

The Dykes disallowed goal annoyed me the most. It looked like the defender just threw himself in front of Dykes and then went down. Dykes didn't look at all like he was deviating his run, tripping him up or barging him over. Should have stood.
The Big Decisions on 14:36 - Jan 21 with 1088 viewskarl

On Cameron. I thought his yellow card challenge looked worse as he slipped and that made it look more reckless, absolutely agree that it could have gone either way but possibly the ref saw him slipping too?
He was potentially lucky not to get a 2nd yellow but in the context of the game I did think his heavy physical presence was required and we weren't bullied in the central area as all 3 had pretty good aerial performances against a team obviously set up to put balls into that area.
Overall I think it was using up some of the luck we've accrued in the 'swings and roundabouts' of the game, if he hadn't imposed himself on the game we could have been bullied centrally and lost the match but while doing it he did skirt the chances of a 2nd caution.
Are these are the fine margins we spoke about earlier in season when we were losing games with weak defending?
The Big Decisions on 14:37 - Jan 21 with 1088 viewscollegeranger

I watched it on the Cardiff City Stream last night and the commentary was done by the biased Cardiff team (as we do with Nick London and Andy Sinton). They were laughing in the second half saying that the ref was giving Cardiff every decision. They couldn't see what the Austin goal was disallowed for. The Dykes goal they siad Morrison 'got away with that'. Even when Kiefer Moore swan dived just outside the pen box they said "he made the most of that contact!"
I think if we had lost or drawn last night we would have been goal nuts about the terrible decisions the ref made.

Bu ho-hum at least it wasn't Jon Moss ! Has his care home been vaccinated yet?
[Post edited 21 Jan 2021 14:38]
The Big Decisions on 15:01 - Jan 21 with 1001 viewsfrancisbowles

The Big Decisions on 13:46 - Jan 21 by OldPedro

Don't get me started on the booking for that free kick. If he had got the opponent 10 yards from the ball , like he was supposed to, then Ilias could have taken the kick. In the end the bloke was still within the distance when Chair took it after the caution.

I gave the ref a 5 on the markings page but in retrospect it should have been at least a couple less.
The Big Decisions on 15:17 - Jan 21 with 949 viewsdaveB

every free kick we got last night they kicked the ball away to stop us taking a quick one and nothing done about it.

That Austin goal looks fine to me, defender throws himself towards Austin who didn't do anything wrong, he does make contact but contact isn't a foul
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024