Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The view from the Pu - January 14:05 - Jan 31 with 693 viewsNorthernr

Thanks to Steve for his monthly review...

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54085
The view from the Pu - January on 14:32 - Jan 31 with 653 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good read as ever, Steve.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The view from the Pu - January on 15:31 - Jan 31 with 585 viewsPinnerPaul

Being picky, I think you could call ANY buy in January, a 'panic' buy.
The view from the Pu - January on 17:20 - Jan 31 with 532 viewsderbyhoop

I'm going to play devil's advocate on this one.

At the start of the season I don't think left back was identified as a problem position. Lee Wallace was pencilled in as first choice with Manning or Niko as the back up. Manning's situation was out of the club's control and Wallace has hardly been fit. Consequently Niko has had far more games than anticipated and, while rarely turning in a horror show, he is only just about a Championship quality defender - on his better days.

Defensive midfield possibly was, but Cameron has got painfully slow (predictable), Ball hasn't made himself automatic and Carroll and Amos are injured.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The view from the Pu - January on 14:00 - Feb 1 with 451 viewsNoelmc

Thanks Steve.

I do wonder however if it is wages that is the main issue regarding Lumley signing a contract. If I was in his position I'd be more concerned about getting game time. With Dieng looking undropable in the short term, Joe Walsh as a rival in the longer term and Kelly plus Barnes viable alternatives if Seny was injured or sold, I suspect he sees his prospects of re-establishing himself as the main keeper here very limited. Leaving as a free agent or for a small fee would maximise his choice of clubs, where he could more realistically be the no 1 keeper.
The view from the Pu - January on 18:40 - Feb 1 with 380 viewsEGRanger

I really enjoyed your review but feel you were a little unfair on the forward planning.
Yes we have made a few stop gap signings this month in Charlie and the Fulham midfielder, but we have at least attempted to sign our own strikers and signed at least 4 players on longer contracts. They might not all work out but Les and MW do appear to be trying to look beyond this season.
Perhaps they will explain their reasoning behind their signings at an end of season public forum? Because you do have a point as to who is behind the signings as last season they did appear to be more MWs than the recent loans which may/may not be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024