Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry Venables 11:54 - Sep 1 with 1820 viewsYokelR

Apologies if this is a Spackman but just watched Terry Venables A man can dream on Sky documentaries. Absolutely excellent. Bit of QPR stuff (Venables and grumpy old Jim Gregory (well he looks grumpy) at one stage.

If it wasn't for the dinosaurs at the FA he'd probably still be England manager now or more likely running the Premier league!

Enjoy!
Terry Venables on 11:58 - Sep 1 with 1784 viewsCamberleyR

I appreciate they had a lot to cover but the one fault I had with it was you'd hardly know he'd played or especially managed us if you weren't a QPR fan.

They showed a clip of a local news programme from 1980 announcing he was taking over at QPR and that was swiftly followed by the report he was going to Barcelona in summer 1984!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Terry Venables on 12:35 - Sep 1 with 1688 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Terry Venables on 11:58 - Sep 1 by CamberleyR

I appreciate they had a lot to cover but the one fault I had with it was you'd hardly know he'd played or especially managed us if you weren't a QPR fan.

They showed a clip of a local news programme from 1980 announcing he was taking over at QPR and that was swiftly followed by the report he was going to Barcelona in summer 1984!

And yet his achievements with us in that time was immense. Cup Final, promotion and Europe I recall
Terry Venables on 12:54 - Sep 1 with 1621 viewsonlyrinmoray

Loved Terry when he played for us he was class.He invented all the. Clever free kicks him and Gerry Francis were brilliant at them
Terry Venables on 12:55 - Sep 1 with 1614 viewsRs_Holy

agree... it was a good doc but hardly mentioned QPR
Terry Venables on 12:56 - Sep 1 with 1613 viewsCamberleyR

Terry Venables on 12:35 - Sep 1 by CroydonCaptJack

And yet his achievements with us in that time was immense. Cup Final, promotion and Europe I recall

Absolutely. The achievements that landed him the Barca job in the first place. Not quite Clough and Taylor steering second division strugglers to become European champions in three years but not that far off.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Terry Venables on 16:12 - Sep 1 with 1362 viewsNorthantsHoop

They were such great times at QPR during the period under Venables. We were good both at home with the plastic pitch and away. Some fantastic players brought in and home grown talent. Venables brought over from Palace a few of his team of the 80s and it just clicked. As a teenager going into my 20s some great memories of games at LR and away from home. And a season ticket in the loft was around £45 if I remember.
Terry Venables on 16:15 - Sep 1 with 1343 viewsPinnerPaul

Could be rights issues/costs.

Some archive can be incredibly expensive.
Terry Venables on 17:06 - Sep 1 with 1266 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Terry Venables on 16:12 - Sep 1 by NorthantsHoop

They were such great times at QPR during the period under Venables. We were good both at home with the plastic pitch and away. Some fantastic players brought in and home grown talent. Venables brought over from Palace a few of his team of the 80s and it just clicked. As a teenager going into my 20s some great memories of games at LR and away from home. And a season ticket in the loft was around £45 if I remember.

Yes, same here mate
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024