Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report 12:55 - Sep 26 with 2372 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/55870
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:00 - Sep 26 with 2354 viewsrsonist

OT but when you interviewed Hoos do I recall correctly something about that being a double bill with Andy Belk? Did that happen in the end?
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:01 - Sep 26 with 2343 viewsNorthernr

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:00 - Sep 26 by rsonist

OT but when you interviewed Hoos do I recall correctly something about that being a double bill with Andy Belk? Did that happen in the end?

Yeh it did, will be out in the next international break. Desperately hoping for a couple of positive results this week so it gets a fair reception.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 14:20 - Sep 26 with 2146 viewsnix

Bit harsh, but I get the disappointment.

I know we're not supposed to make excuses, but really it was the worst possible attritional game to come up against a very physical side after a big game on the Tuesday. Incidentally Millwall played them just after the international break, so had a long rest, while Preston played them at home on a Saturday after a Tuesday match, so had a little bit more rest, and WBA had also played midweek for that match. I would say Millwall and Preston are probably more physical sides themselves so better set up to play WBA.

Again I disagree with you on the reffing front. Not booking players disadvantages us more than the other team in my view. Also I really didn't like West Brom's tactic or taking out one of our defenders when they're on the attack, which they did about three times, which he didn't pick up every time and could have been bad news for us.

Must have been a hard one to write. So thanks.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:34 - Sep 26 with 1836 viewsNoelmc

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 14:20 - Sep 26 by nix

Bit harsh, but I get the disappointment.

I know we're not supposed to make excuses, but really it was the worst possible attritional game to come up against a very physical side after a big game on the Tuesday. Incidentally Millwall played them just after the international break, so had a long rest, while Preston played them at home on a Saturday after a Tuesday match, so had a little bit more rest, and WBA had also played midweek for that match. I would say Millwall and Preston are probably more physical sides themselves so better set up to play WBA.

Again I disagree with you on the reffing front. Not booking players disadvantages us more than the other team in my view. Also I really didn't like West Brom's tactic or taking out one of our defenders when they're on the attack, which they did about three times, which he didn't pick up every time and could have been bad news for us.

Must have been a hard one to write. So thanks.

I agree Nix that the Tuesday match had a huge impact on our Friday performance. I thought we looked really tired. Willock and Chair, who were both outstanding against Everton, were poor on Friday from the start and faded badly as the game went on. It was no surprise to see Willock hooked and Chair could have been too but for the injuries to Jordy and Stefan. The latter didn't look fully fit from the KO and with Wallace & McCallum injured, plus Albert on the bench, we completely lacked creativity. Despite all that we could well have nicked a win but for two bad individual mistakes.

Even with hindsight, I'm still glad Warbs played a strong team on Tuesday. It produced a wonderful night and we are in with a great chance of making the Quarter Finals. I for one, would prefer a memorable cup run than a top six finish, as I suspect we don't have the strength in depth to turn the latter into promotion. I still think we can make the play-offs this season but suspect we will fall short of promotion.

Thanks for the report, Clive.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:41 - Sep 26 with 1814 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good report, Clive.

I wasn't as unhappy with the performance as you were, but I suspect that you are closer to the truth (if there is such a thing) as I am.

Thanks as ever. Compelling reading.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:57 - Sep 26 with 1783 viewsPinnerPaul

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:34 - Sep 26 by Noelmc

I agree Nix that the Tuesday match had a huge impact on our Friday performance. I thought we looked really tired. Willock and Chair, who were both outstanding against Everton, were poor on Friday from the start and faded badly as the game went on. It was no surprise to see Willock hooked and Chair could have been too but for the injuries to Jordy and Stefan. The latter didn't look fully fit from the KO and with Wallace & McCallum injured, plus Albert on the bench, we completely lacked creativity. Despite all that we could well have nicked a win but for two bad individual mistakes.

Even with hindsight, I'm still glad Warbs played a strong team on Tuesday. It produced a wonderful night and we are in with a great chance of making the Quarter Finals. I for one, would prefer a memorable cup run than a top six finish, as I suspect we don't have the strength in depth to turn the latter into promotion. I still think we can make the play-offs this season but suspect we will fall short of promotion.

Thanks for the report, Clive.

I've banged on about this enough, but once more old times sake - so we're expecting Nottm Forest to turn up absolutely knackered on Saturday then?

Plus we have a 'day in hand' over Birmingham as well!
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 18:09 - Sep 26 with 1753 viewsnix

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:57 - Sep 26 by PinnerPaul

I've banged on about this enough, but once more old times sake - so we're expecting Nottm Forest to turn up absolutely knackered on Saturday then?

Slight difference of practically a whole week off compared to three days after playing a Premier team though Pinner. Plus I don't think anyone would accuse us of being a high press, physical, attritional team to play against.

But respect we've all got our own hobby horses!
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 18:59 - Sep 26 with 1680 viewsNoelmc

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 17:57 - Sep 26 by PinnerPaul

I'd be worried if Forest do turn up absolutely knackered on Saturday as we are playing Preston .

Seriously though, I think playing time does need to be managed in the Championship to prevent players being tired/less sharp, but it's just my opinion and it's good to have a healthy debate on here about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 10:13 - Sep 27 with 1183 viewsdaveB

Both goals had obvious errors by Deing and Chair but where on earth was Moses for both goals, the first goal he's nowhere to be seen until the ball is in the back of the net, really poor
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 11:08 - Sep 27 with 1111 viewsfrancisbowles

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 10:13 - Sep 27 by daveB

Both goals had obvious errors by Deing and Chair but where on earth was Moses for both goals, the first goal he's nowhere to be seen until the ball is in the back of the net, really poor

I think that's a bit harsh DaveB. He is pushed on same as Barbet. Presumably doing what he has been told to do. Gets caught upfield when move breaks down and it is a long way back. On the first one he is making a big effort to get back when he is tripped by an opponent on the edge of our box. The second one they move the ball quickly and he has no chance of getting back.

If anything it is nieve by the team, when they should be 'managing the game'.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 11:53 - Sep 27 with 1076 viewsdaveB

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 11:08 - Sep 27 by francisbowles

I think that's a bit harsh DaveB. He is pushed on same as Barbet. Presumably doing what he has been told to do. Gets caught upfield when move breaks down and it is a long way back. On the first one he is making a big effort to get back when he is tripped by an opponent on the edge of our box. The second one they move the ball quickly and he has no chance of getting back.

If anything it is nieve by the team, when they should be 'managing the game'.

last minute of the game what on earth are both full backs doing flying up the pitch. When Barbet goes surely the other one stays.

Poor defending for me especially the first one, he goes charging into a tackle he doesn't need to make and leaves a big gap behind him, then jogs back before spotting the danger far too late and sprints to make amends.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 12:50 - Sep 27 with 992 viewsPinnerPaul

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 18:09 - Sep 26 by nix

Slight difference of practically a whole week off compared to three days after playing a Premier team though Pinner. Plus I don't think anyone would accuse us of being a high press, physical, attritional team to play against.

But respect we've all got our own hobby horses!

Sorry Nix - we played Tues night (at home) 2 days no game, we play away on the third day in the evening

Forest play (away) Weds night, 2 days no game, they play away in the afternoon on Saturday.

So no its not the same, Forest will have to travel more and have less time between games than us!

Don't worry sure Mark will mention that!
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 12:55 - Sep 27 with 970 viewsPinnerPaul

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 18:59 - Sep 26 by Noelmc

I'd be worried if Forest do turn up absolutely knackered on Saturday as we are playing Preston .

Seriously though, I think playing time does need to be managed in the Championship to prevent players being tired/less sharp, but it's just my opinion and it's good to have a healthy debate on here about it.

Sorry all, what a dork I am, where did I get Forest from?

Still, he says trying to dig himself out of a hole, my point about there actually being less time between a Weds evening game and Sat afternoon than Tuesday night and Friday night IS still valid.

Yes, yes I know Preston are playing Tuesday.

Back to the offside law for me
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:40 - Sep 27 with 880 viewsnix

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 12:50 - Sep 27 by PinnerPaul

Sorry Nix - we played Tues night (at home) 2 days no game, we play away on the third day in the evening

Forest play (away) Weds night, 2 days no game, they play away in the afternoon on Saturday.

So no its not the same, Forest will have to travel more and have less time between games than us!

Don't worry sure Mark will mention that!

It's more to do with that particular game, Pinner and the comparison between us having a couple of days rest and WBA having a whole week off, and them being a very physical team, rather than a general point about when league games are scheduled. Clive mentioned three teams in his report who had done well against them and implied that it was down to superior tactics, I just thought there may be an additional factor of less rest/time to prepare.

As I said of the three games that were mentioned by Clive where teams did well against WBA, one had had two week's break (Millwall), and the other an extra day ( Preston played Tuesday ,against an easier team in Cheltenham than our game at Everton, and then were at home against WBA on Saturday). Also West Brom had not had a whole week off when they played either of the other two teams (Derby and Preston), which is different to when they played us. My point being there may have been a factor of West Brom being less fatigued than us, and better prepared for the match, as well as Preston having slightly more rest than us and playing at home, and Millwall having both rest and time to prepare and being on a more level playing field.

While your on, I was wondering about the fouls against our defenders in the run up to WBA attacks, it's not something I'd noticed before, but is it something you come up against when reffing? Would you have a word/book players for this as it seems a particularly sneaky tactic?
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:55 - Sep 27 with 852 viewscharmr

Very refreshing to read inmo an honest assessment of what I witnessed myself.

It wasn’t us, disappointed, lack of ambition. Spot on
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 16:07 - Sep 27 with 743 viewsPinnerPaul

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 13:40 - Sep 27 by nix

It's more to do with that particular game, Pinner and the comparison between us having a couple of days rest and WBA having a whole week off, and them being a very physical team, rather than a general point about when league games are scheduled. Clive mentioned three teams in his report who had done well against them and implied that it was down to superior tactics, I just thought there may be an additional factor of less rest/time to prepare.

As I said of the three games that were mentioned by Clive where teams did well against WBA, one had had two week's break (Millwall), and the other an extra day ( Preston played Tuesday ,against an easier team in Cheltenham than our game at Everton, and then were at home against WBA on Saturday). Also West Brom had not had a whole week off when they played either of the other two teams (Derby and Preston), which is different to when they played us. My point being there may have been a factor of West Brom being less fatigued than us, and better prepared for the match, as well as Preston having slightly more rest than us and playing at home, and Millwall having both rest and time to prepare and being on a more level playing field.

While your on, I was wondering about the fouls against our defenders in the run up to WBA attacks, it's not something I'd noticed before, but is it something you come up against when reffing? Would you have a word/book players for this as it seems a particularly sneaky tactic?

Didn't see the game Nix, only the highlights.

Did you mean 'blocking off' that sort of thing?
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 16:15 - Sep 27 with 737 viewsnix

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 16:07 - Sep 27 by PinnerPaul

Didn't see the game Nix, only the highlights.

Did you mean 'blocking off' that sort of thing?

A couple of times it looked like they tripped them up by just sticking a lfoot out from behind. But don't worry if you didn't see it you can't really comment.
Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 16:53 - Sep 27 with 713 viewsPinnerPaul

Glaring errors cost QPR third straight 2-1 loss - Report on 16:15 - Sep 27 by nix

A couple of times it looked like they tripped them up by just sticking a lfoot out from behind. But don't worry if you didn't see it you can't really comment.

True!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024