Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nations League 19:48 - Oct 6 with 1157 viewsQPRSteve

Anyone get this? Seems totally irrelevant to me. If Italy win the thing are the double champions of Europe?
Nations League on 20:23 - Oct 6 with 1080 viewsstowmarketrange

I guess it’s the same thing that we reached the final of last season,or was it the season before?
Nations League on 20:46 - Oct 6 with 1015 viewsdaveB

it's a way to get teams of equal ability playing each other in as close to competitive games as possible. It helped Scotland qualify for the Euros and a lot of the teams who spend qualifying losing 10-0 every time got a chance to try and win a game.
Nations League on 08:34 - Oct 7 with 794 viewsTheChef

Why did we not make the semi finals this time?

Southgate out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nations League on 08:35 - Oct 7 with 784 viewsRussian__Bot

Tries to turn what's essentially a friendly and make it seem more exciting.

Works in rugby Union where they somehow manage to get people excited about 6 nations and playing Scotland year after year. Or when one of the only three other countries in the world that really play the game come over for a nothing game and they call it a test match.

At least the nations league has some variety on who's in it by merit though
[Post edited 7 Oct 2021 8:35]
Nations League on 08:37 - Oct 7 with 781 viewsslmrstid

On the face of it, I really like the concept of it.

In application in the format they've given it...I'm not so sure! Would rather see leagues of 7/8 teams where a league table takes place in the international breaks over 2 years, it replacing your summer Euros tournament and the winner of the top division being the champions of Europe, and your standard promotion/relegation to see it all over again.

Sadly I don't think that way would ever happen...
Nations League on 08:40 - Oct 7 with 769 viewsTheChef

Quite happy for it to exist, but I don't think any fan could tell you how it works. I don't even recall how we made the semi finals last time!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Nations League on 10:11 - Oct 7 with 668 viewsBAWHoops

The first time they ran it it was actually decent.
The behind close doors version last season was a complete mess.

The England players said that after the World Cup in 2018 it was far better than friendlies and they all enjoyed it.

It's fine. Far more preferable to a bunch of friendlies and will probably be better next time round with fans back in the stadium again.
For a country like England, who rarely get to play high end teams in competition, it's certainly helped us as we've had decent level games against Spain, Croatia, Belgium and Denmark in the last 3 years

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024