Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England Women 19:08 - Nov 30 with 3730 viewsQPRSteve

2-0 up and hit the bar inside six minutes
England Women on 19:09 - Nov 30 with 2635 viewsQPRSteve

3-0 eight minutes
England Women on 19:13 - Nov 30 with 2629 viewsQPRSteve

4-0 now
England Women on 19:16 - Nov 30 with 2615 viewsstowmarketrange

They haven’t scored for 4 minutes.Time for a sub.
England Women on 19:19 - Nov 30 with 2593 viewsQPRSteve

5-0
England Women on 19:21 - Nov 30 with 2584 viewsJohnMcCo

England Women on 19:13 - Nov 30 by QPRSteve

4-0 now

I hate the woman's game. When you have a grand old team, pioneers, trailblazers like Doncaster Belles nowhere near the top division but hastily reformed monstrosities like Man U right at the top table then there is something very wrong indeed. Turkey shoots like this are simply embarrassing.

They have followed the money with the inevitable ugly results.
England Women on 19:23 - Nov 30 with 2565 viewsstowmarketrange

6-0.
England Women on 19:26 - Nov 30 with 2552 viewsStanisgod

Pointless.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

England Women on 19:29 - Nov 30 with 2532 viewsstowmarketrange

England Women on 19:26 - Nov 30 by Stanisgod

Pointless.

They can only play whats in front of them.Blame uefa or fifa for not having a pre qualifying round or two before the group stages.
Login to get fewer ads

England Women on 19:39 - Nov 30 with 2504 viewsMyke

England Women on 19:29 - Nov 30 by stowmarketrange

They can only play whats in front of them.Blame uefa or fifa for not having a pre qualifying round or two before the group stages.

We're 3-0 up v Georgia - desperate night in Dublin
England Women on 19:45 - Nov 30 with 2488 viewsQPRSteve

two in quick succession to make it 8
England Women on 19:57 - Nov 30 with 2466 viewsrichranger

35 shots in 45 minutes!
England Women on 20:08 - Nov 30 with 2442 viewsbosh67

Keira Walsh is quite some player. Her ability to pick a pass and use the ball is sublime.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England Women on 20:09 - Nov 30 with 2438 viewsQPRSteve

Double figures now
England Women on 20:10 - Nov 30 with 2434 viewsMrSheen

The issue is the structure of institutions like FIFA and UEFA. If you want the top jobs, Latvia’s vote is as good as Brazil’s, and the small federations aren’t going to turn down a share of the big money, hence a 48 team World Cup, which you know will be 64 before long.
England Women on 20:24 - Nov 30 with 2410 viewsQPRSteve

13-0 with 25 minutes to go
England Women on 20:33 - Nov 30 with 2358 viewsQPRSteve

15 now
England Women on 20:46 - Nov 30 with 2319 viewsMrSheen

20 up.
England Women on 20:49 - Nov 30 with 2305 viewsQPRSteve

FT 20-0 Couldn't even equal the record score - useless tossers.
England Women on 20:52 - Nov 30 with 2293 viewsbosh67

Just the 20. To be fair although Latvia were just awful England just kept attacking them. Didn't take their foot off the pedal at all. Well done.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

England Women on 20:55 - Nov 30 with 2283 viewsbosh67

63 shots!!!! 30 on target. That's astonishing.

Never knowingly right.

England Women on 21:10 - Nov 30 with 2246 viewsslmrstid

I've just been talking about this tonight with some friends - this is one of the problems womens football has at the moment in as far as some countries are now investing in it properly, whilst for others its still a complete after thought and as a result the quality is so lopsided you end up with some of these Sunday League type scores that we've seen recently.

Not really England's fault, they can only play what's in front of them and the players have to go out and do a job, but that sort of game and scoreline doesn't really do anyone much good.

Be interesting to see how games like these are in 10 years time say when others have caught up a bit.

On a separate note, I've had a real think about my attitudes toward womens football over the past year or so - basically having never had any real interest in it before. But I've thought about it - its still the same game I love, its still my country/my team. We watch the Olympics and support GB athletes regardless of if they are men or women - so why not our football teams? QPR Ladies are still QPR, they are still in blue and white and they are still representing our club.

Pure logistics will prevent me from seeing QPR Ladies play live mind. But also I'd like to see clubs drop the "Women"/"Ladies" from team names - they are just their club. We don't say "QPR Men" so why "QPR Ladies"? They're still in Hoops, they're still representing our club, so we should, in my opinion, do our best to support them when we can.

I'd also like to see more clubs have their ladies team play at their proper home grounds, rather than farming them off to some tiny non-league club somewhere. Leicester, to their immense credit, have their team playing all home games at The King Power this year, with tickets very cheaply available. We do intend to go down and take a game at some point when time allows.
England Women on 21:18 - Nov 30 with 2213 viewsqpr_1968

England Women on 21:10 - Nov 30 by slmrstid

I've just been talking about this tonight with some friends - this is one of the problems womens football has at the moment in as far as some countries are now investing in it properly, whilst for others its still a complete after thought and as a result the quality is so lopsided you end up with some of these Sunday League type scores that we've seen recently.

Not really England's fault, they can only play what's in front of them and the players have to go out and do a job, but that sort of game and scoreline doesn't really do anyone much good.

Be interesting to see how games like these are in 10 years time say when others have caught up a bit.

On a separate note, I've had a real think about my attitudes toward womens football over the past year or so - basically having never had any real interest in it before. But I've thought about it - its still the same game I love, its still my country/my team. We watch the Olympics and support GB athletes regardless of if they are men or women - so why not our football teams? QPR Ladies are still QPR, they are still in blue and white and they are still representing our club.

Pure logistics will prevent me from seeing QPR Ladies play live mind. But also I'd like to see clubs drop the "Women"/"Ladies" from team names - they are just their club. We don't say "QPR Men" so why "QPR Ladies"? They're still in Hoops, they're still representing our club, so we should, in my opinion, do our best to support them when we can.

I'd also like to see more clubs have their ladies team play at their proper home grounds, rather than farming them off to some tiny non-league club somewhere. Leicester, to their immense credit, have their team playing all home games at The King Power this year, with tickets very cheaply available. We do intend to go down and take a game at some point when time allows.

perhaps the qpr ladies could play at loftus road ....3pm on a saturday seems very apt.
its always available.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

England Women on 21:21 - Nov 30 with 2201 viewsslmrstid

England Women on 21:18 - Nov 30 by qpr_1968

perhaps the qpr ladies could play at loftus road ....3pm on a saturday seems very apt.
its always available.

Ha, very good point!

You do wonder though, could a double header be done by these teams? Ladies play at 12, men at 3, for instance? (When Sky aren't screwing around of course!)

In this modern day and age the pitches should surely be able to cope with another team playing on them - enough U23 games take place at the KPF on week days.
England Women on 21:21 - Nov 30 with 2199 viewsstowmarketrange

England Women on 21:10 - Nov 30 by slmrstid

I did watch some games a few years ago when we were in the same division as ipswich and Norwich,but my daughter plays in the suffolk Womens premier league and they kick off at 2pm,so it’s not practical to get to both.
She played AFC Sudbury on their 3/4g pitch on Sunday and they sneaked a 4-3 win.The standard of football is improving,but it will always be different to men’s adult football.The women and girls enjoy playing and I certainly enjoyed watching it on Sunday.
She knows I won’t be there to watch her this Sunday as the Stoke game comes first,but she has only missed playing in 2 games in her 11 year career and 1 of them was a certain game against Chelshite in Oct 2011.
England Women on 21:38 - Nov 30 with 2137 viewsLogman

Not being sexist but the women should play a bit less time in my opinion. They do in tennis (3 sets v 5) and its a biological fact that on average women do not have the same physical performance levels as men. I know that at the elite level 20-0 walkovers are unheard of but I believe that playing on the same size pitches as the men, the women's game would benefit from being a bit shorter in duration.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024