Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Dozzell 18:32 - Apr 29 with 9600 viewsHayesender

Just read that Birmingham were eight points (yes 8) ahead of us when they took him off our hands.

Without doubt the deal of the decade. Whoever sorted that deal out should be given the freedom of Shepherd's Bush
[Post edited 29 Apr 19:44]

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Andre Dozzell on 19:12 - Apr 29 with 5106 viewsBoston

We probably paid them to take him off our hands though

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Andre Dozzell on 19:13 - Apr 29 with 5097 viewsaston_hoop

What will be interesting is seeing where he ends up this summer....if indeed anyone wants him. Hardly done enough at this level, he'll need to drop down a level at least

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Andre Dozzell on 19:44 - Apr 29 with 4879 viewsthehat

I certainly didn't realise just how bad he was until he went but I guess two goals and two assists in three years from central midfield says it all. He never grabbed a game by the scruff of the neck.

It didn't take Marti long to make a decision.
Andre Dozzell on 20:01 - Apr 29 with 4777 viewsHarbour

Not made an appearance since 1st April when he came off the bench,sounds like not in Rowetts plans..
Andre Dozzell on 20:50 - Apr 29 with 4555 viewsMrSheen

Is it too much to ask we move on from this? He was 1/11th of the teams he played in.
Andre Dozzell on 21:53 - Apr 29 with 4266 viewsLblock

Hope he gets selected on Saturday v N’arich (a club that will love him an all) and Jessie usual anonymous and cowardly self on the way to a defeat

Agent Dozzell…. Your work is done

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Andre Dozzell on 23:10 - Apr 29 with 4045 viewsmart_Goblin

Andre Dozzell on 20:50 - Apr 29 by MrSheen

Is it too much to ask we move on from this? He was 1/11th of the teams he played in.

Whilst I think he simply isn’t good enough I do think you have a point .
He is still a relatively young kid . Reading the ongoing vitriol is slightly uncomfortable.

I’ll be in the minority but his contract is up so let’s move forward, coincidentally something young Andre struggled to do 😉
Andre Dozzell on 00:14 - Apr 30 with 3879 viewsBoston

He was supposed to be.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Andre Dozzell on 00:16 - Apr 30 with 3881 viewsCLAREMAN1995

As much as I was bitterly disapointed by his ever present starting spot in our first 11 without coming close to justifying it the time has come to let him off the hook and see how his career turns out .
At the very least he was available for selection unlike Richards who somehow is still drawing a paycheck to this day for nothing and I mean nothing .
He HAS to be cut next Saturday evening otherwise its something that will linger and upset the fanbase IMO
Andre Dozzell on 00:21 - Apr 30 with 3873 viewsNorthernr

I for one am stunned that signing four of the biggest problem children from QPR's two-year meltdown has not produced positive outcomes at such a calm and well run club as Birmingham.

Shame we couldn't have sent them a couple more, we'd have been safe weeks ago. Maybe they'd like another swing with #TeeRichStarrrr?
Andre Dozzell on 00:42 - Apr 30 with 3835 viewsNorthernr

This thread is a rich seam...

Andre Dozzell on 01:37 - Apr 30 with 3733 viewsstainrods_elbow

Andre Dozzell on 23:10 - Apr 29 by mart_Goblin

Whilst I think he simply isn’t good enough I do think you have a point .
He is still a relatively young kid . Reading the ongoing vitriol is slightly uncomfortable.

I’ll be in the minority but his contract is up so let’s move forward, coincidentally something young Andre struggled to do 😉

What is this weird thing about football that men well into their twenties get routinely referred to as 'boys' and 'kids'? It's all part and parcel of this Alice-in-Wonderland infantilisation of its participants. It's both pathetic and faintly sinister.

Dozzell is 24 years old (actually 25 this week), has been playing men's (that's right, men's football) for EIGHT years, and racked up, somehow, nearly 200 mostly inconsequential appearances in that time. If he doesn't man up as a professional now, he never will, but the truth is, surely, this is as good as it'll ever get for him.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Andre Dozzell on 06:31 - Apr 30 with 3544 viewsWatford_Ranger

Andre Dozzell on 19:13 - Apr 29 by aston_hoop

What will be interesting is seeing where he ends up this summer....if indeed anyone wants him. Hardly done enough at this level, he'll need to drop down a level at least

He’ll blag a decent deal somewhere. One of those players managers think ‘there’s a player in there somewhere’ (there is not). I’ll guess Derby.
Andre Dozzell on 07:29 - Apr 30 with 3330 viewsstevec

Andre Dozzell on 00:21 - Apr 30 by Northernr

I for one am stunned that signing four of the biggest problem children from QPR's two-year meltdown has not produced positive outcomes at such a calm and well run club as Birmingham.

Shame we couldn't have sent them a couple more, we'd have been safe weeks ago. Maybe they'd like another swing with #TeeRichStarrrr?

Yeah but think about the damage we could cause next season, unloading Tyler on a fellow Championship side at a critical moment. Dozzell situation has been one of the highlights of the year.

Sometimes it’s best to keep your powder dry.
Andre Dozzell on 08:03 - Apr 30 with 3224 viewsmart_Goblin

Andre Dozzell on 01:37 - Apr 30 by stainrods_elbow

What is this weird thing about football that men well into their twenties get routinely referred to as 'boys' and 'kids'? It's all part and parcel of this Alice-in-Wonderland infantilisation of its participants. It's both pathetic and faintly sinister.

Dozzell is 24 years old (actually 25 this week), has been playing men's (that's right, men's football) for EIGHT years, and racked up, somehow, nearly 200 mostly inconsequential appearances in that time. If he doesn't man up as a professional now, he never will, but the truth is, surely, this is as good as it'll ever get for him.

Well yeah I might be guilty of that . Maybe because my son is a similar age and blows my mind how quickly time goes and I forget occasionally that he ain’t a kid anymore . So perhaps I do do that at times.
But …’faintly sinister’?
Really?

What’s more sinister to me is that that would be your train of thought in the first place. To have an underlying and slightly aggressive lash out about something completely irrelevant?
What strange and bizarre stance to take.
My post was clearly tongue in cheek for the most part . Strange man
[Post edited 30 Apr 8:04]
Andre Dozzell on 08:40 - Apr 30 with 3074 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agree.

What is potentially dangerous about it is that it makes us forget that Dozzell wasn't the only one hiding when things were tough, wasn't the only one hiding behind an oppo player, wasn't the only one unavailable for a pass.

It's just that he's gone, and the others are still here, so we heap all the blame on Dozzell.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andre Dozzell on 09:07 - Apr 30 with 2930 viewsslmrstid

If he hadn't have been a dickhead in October we'd have been one of the few teams this season to not lose to the Champions of the division.

Not good enough for this level. I wonder sometimes if players know in their heads they're not good enough for a certain level, or whether that single mindedness that got them to pro football in the first place means they never have such doubts.
Andre Dozzell on 09:09 - Apr 30 with 2921 viewsTheChef

Birmingham v Norwich is Sky's main game on Saturday.

*gets deckchair and popcorn*

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Andre Dozzell on 09:16 - Apr 30 with 2885 viewsterryb

Andre Dozzell on 09:09 - Apr 30 by TheChef

Birmingham v Norwich is Sky's main game on Saturday.

*gets deckchair and popcorn*

It is one of three games that they are showing. I doubt that it will be the "main" game as Ipswich & Leeds are the other two.
Andre Dozzell on 09:34 - Apr 30 with 2784 viewsGloucs_R

The problem with Dozzell is that he has probably never had to work hard for anything in his life.

Dad was a professional footballer and probably taught him to kick a ball from the second he could walk. No doubt talented at youth level but very much doubt he ever went without anything off the pitch.

Unfortunately that attitude showed when he played football. Seem to have very little determination or resilience and never really got stuck in.

I'm sure he will earn a decent wage as a league one footballer but I very much doubt we will see him in the championship again.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Andre Dozzell on 09:35 - Apr 30 with 2777 viewsnumptydumpty

It hasn't worked out for him here.

Like others have said, many here were simply conveniently injured or simply unavailable for selection.

Several managers have picked him.

He is young. I was still a boy myself when I turned 30.

But as a footballer today, you do need to ride out the criticism and play your best game. Maybe he has so far found the abuse demotivating and has been lacking as a result.

He will move on somewhere, probably league one, and hope it goes well for him.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Andre Dozzell on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 2721 viewsAntti_Heinola

Andre Dozzell on 09:34 - Apr 30 by Gloucs_R

The problem with Dozzell is that he has probably never had to work hard for anything in his life.

Dad was a professional footballer and probably taught him to kick a ball from the second he could walk. No doubt talented at youth level but very much doubt he ever went without anything off the pitch.

Unfortunately that attitude showed when he played football. Seem to have very little determination or resilience and never really got stuck in.

I'm sure he will earn a decent wage as a league one footballer but I very much doubt we will see him in the championship again.

There are many reasons whhy Dozzell did not make aa significant contribution for us, but this is very unfair. You don't get to be a footballer at any professional level without having to work hard. It's not like Jason Dozzell, who while I'm sure enjoyed a good salary compared to most of us, was getting paid millions a year.
There's a lot of assumptions in your post there based on basically nothing, unless you watched him grow up or have an intimate knowledge of Jason's parenting?
Respect your posts a lot Gloucs, but this one is a bit uncomfortable.

Bare bones.

Andre Dozzell on 09:54 - Apr 30 with 2685 viewspaulparker

He is crap and always has been crap the fact we parted with some of the Eze cash for him still wrangles when there was so many better options available
Coward of a player who will struggle to find a club willing to pay anything like the wage he was getting here
Good riddance

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Andre Dozzell on 10:13 - Apr 30 with 2578 viewsdaveB

Andre Dozzell on 00:42 - Apr 30 by Northernr

This thread is a rich seam...

do you think they'll still pay £50million for him, I'd take 40
Andre Dozzell on 10:18 - Apr 30 with 2544 viewsGaryBannister86

Andre Dozzell on 10:13 - Apr 30 by daveB

do you think they'll still pay £50million for him, I'd take 40

If we took 40p I think it would be a win.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024