Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Serie A 06:20 - Feb 8 with 1422 viewsearthdweller

Signed up for Paramount+ to get Showtime. They stream all the Serie A games. Serie A gets a bad rap for corruption and crappy stadiums but I’ve found the games entertaining. Big clubs lose to smaller ones so its competitive. Fans make a good atmosphere, drumming aside. What are folks thoughts on Serie A?
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 7:09]
Serie A on 08:30 - Feb 8 with 1299 viewsNorthernr

Used to be absolutely obsessed with it when I was younger, Channel 4 and all that. When we were teenagers my brother and I used to get the sleeper train all the way down there to try and watch the great players.

Saw Figo play up front for Inter away at Roma partnered by Obafemi Martins which was quite a pairing - the buffet car guys gave us a load of free cans of Moretti on the trip over the Alps during the night, then laid in the bunk bed swaying backwards and forwards the rest of the night, introduced myself to Rome by puking off the platform under the train - THE BRITISH HAVE ARRIVED.

Also did the same trip a bit earlier to go to the San Siro watch Inter v Napoli to see the original Ronaldo play - he got injured and Robbie Keane played instead. Gutted. I can see that cnt at home!
Serie A on 08:45 - Feb 8 with 1256 viewstoboboly

I saw Inter v Roma a few years ago and whilst it was fun I didn't think the quality was amazing, Gervinho looked like a world beater. It was also quite slow compared to our leagues.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Serie A on 08:48 - Feb 8 with 1238 viewsvanrrrr

I really enjoy it..

games usually really open
some really good players at smaller clubs I have never heard of
Great stadia
Coaches like Gaspirini ( off to see Atalanta in April!) and Spaletti who really go for it

All appeals to the aging hipster in me- and seems less manufactured than prem ( Juve apart)
Serie A on 08:50 - Feb 8 with 1226 viewsTheChef

Serie A on 08:30 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Used to be absolutely obsessed with it when I was younger, Channel 4 and all that. When we were teenagers my brother and I used to get the sleeper train all the way down there to try and watch the great players.

Saw Figo play up front for Inter away at Roma partnered by Obafemi Martins which was quite a pairing - the buffet car guys gave us a load of free cans of Moretti on the trip over the Alps during the night, then laid in the bunk bed swaying backwards and forwards the rest of the night, introduced myself to Rome by puking off the platform under the train - THE BRITISH HAVE ARRIVED.

Also did the same trip a bit earlier to go to the San Siro watch Inter v Napoli to see the original Ronaldo play - he got injured and Robbie Keane played instead. Gutted. I can see that cnt at home!

By a very strange coincidence I was also at that Roma game with a mate and you were sat in front of us and at the same hotel (clearly booked through the same agent) *stalker alert!!!*

I was hoping to see Totti play but he was out injured - also Roma were due to beat the record for the most consecutive wins in Serie A and were one minute from doing it when Marco facking Materazzi scored an equaliser.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Serie A on 08:52 - Feb 8 with 1221 viewsstowmarketrange

I went to the Milan derby in about 93,and it was a brilliant atmosphere with all the banners and stuff,but unfortunately Inter scored in the 6th minute and they were the away team so the atmosphere died a bit as the game wore on.
I also went to see Napoli in 2014,and they beat Taraabt’s Milan side 3-1,and that was a much better experience.It was a lot more passionate than the Milan derby,and you could actually buy beer in the ground.
They have stopped the loud firecrackers that used to be a regular part of big Italian games so I guess they’ve been banned.I guess with them looking serious title contenders this season the atmosphere would be even better,and it might be time for a return visit.

I’ve also been to the Stadio Olympico in Rome for rugby and that is a fantastic place with statues everywhere,and they aren’t pop stars either.

At least you can get 3 or 4 teams that can win the league unlike most of the European leagues.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 8:54]
Serie A on 08:56 - Feb 8 with 1198 viewsNorthernr

Serie A on 08:50 - Feb 8 by TheChef

By a very strange coincidence I was also at that Roma game with a mate and you were sat in front of us and at the same hotel (clearly booked through the same agent) *stalker alert!!!*

I was hoping to see Totti play but he was out injured - also Roma were due to beat the record for the most consecutive wins in Serie A and were one minute from doing it when Marco facking Materazzi scored an equaliser.

Is that true!? Haha, amazing.

Think we missed QPR 0-0 Wolves under Waddock, Paul Jones in goal. It was the right decision.
Serie A on 08:59 - Feb 8 with 1188 viewsTheChef

Serie A on 08:56 - Feb 8 by Northernr

Is that true!? Haha, amazing.

Think we missed QPR 0-0 Wolves under Waddock, Paul Jones in goal. It was the right decision.

Yeah at the same hotel and think we overheard you trying to find out the QPR score

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Serie A on 09:11 - Feb 8 with 1153 viewstoboboly

Serie A on 08:52 - Feb 8 by stowmarketrange

I went to the Milan derby in about 93,and it was a brilliant atmosphere with all the banners and stuff,but unfortunately Inter scored in the 6th minute and they were the away team so the atmosphere died a bit as the game wore on.
I also went to see Napoli in 2014,and they beat Taraabt’s Milan side 3-1,and that was a much better experience.It was a lot more passionate than the Milan derby,and you could actually buy beer in the ground.
They have stopped the loud firecrackers that used to be a regular part of big Italian games so I guess they’ve been banned.I guess with them looking serious title contenders this season the atmosphere would be even better,and it might be time for a return visit.

I’ve also been to the Stadio Olympico in Rome for rugby and that is a fantastic place with statues everywhere,and they aren’t pop stars either.

At least you can get 3 or 4 teams that can win the league unlike most of the European leagues.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2023 8:54]

It's nowhere near as competitive as it looks though. Juventus won 9 in a row from 10-11 to 19-20. Between Juventus and the two Milans they have won 74 titles . Genoa are the next most successful with 9 and their last championship was 1923-24. Roma have won it 3 times in their history, the last being 2000-01.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024