Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower School End 22:42 - May 1 with 2910 viewsRandom_Ranger

I am looking at tickets for next Monday with my son. I see Lower School End is one of the places available with two tickets next to each other, but the only one with tickets near the pitch - what do people think about there? I find the idea of sitting in the away end strange, although I know we have done it for quite a few seasons now! Any thoughts appreciated, otherwise will probably end up in SAR stands. Thanks!
Lower School End on 23:04 - May 1 with 2802 viewsDevon_4_England

I sat in the School end lower against Jamaica for Simon Barker’s Testimonial and it was bouncing that day. First half a dozen rows aren’t sold when there are away fans in the School upper so isn’t as cramped on the concourse as would be for an away following and access is next to Club Shop when considering getting away.
Lower School End on 23:09 - May 1 with 2786 viewsOakR

I've not sat in the Lower, but did in the Upper also for Simon Barker's testimonial, and for my first ever game v Newcastle (the 5-5 draw).

Assuming it's like the Loft Lower, the first few rows you can't see the goalline sat down as a child - I made this mistake taking my son to one of his first games, and in Loft Lower I think row D the roof drips on you (at least I hope it was the roof....).

As the poster above says, maybe the first few rows are blocked off anyway so it won't matter.

Good luck either way.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Lower School End on 07:16 - May 2 with 2588 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sat there for the Blackburn match… if you sit in the ellerslie road (stan Bowles) side of the lower school end it is like a fridge as it is totally shaded and covered by the concrete upper tier.

…could be good if it’s a scorcher next Monday. Don’t do it in February like we did!
Lower School End on 08:32 - May 2 with 2525 viewsJuzzie

Strange feeling but have done it once before which meant I’ve sat on all four sides.
I think the first half dozen rows are unused to stop things being thrown from above but it looks like light rain at the weekend so being under cover will be good anyway.
Lower School End on 15:37 - May 2 with 2320 viewsthemodfather

brizzle normally fill the away end , last game in t'london odd they dont want both tiers but if it means more of us m great
Lower School End on 15:46 - May 2 with 2285 viewsJJH

Lower School End on 15:37 - May 2 by themodfather

brizzle normally fill the away end , last game in t'london odd they dont want both tiers but if it means more of us m great

We've sold out our 1,800 to season ticket holders, so could've filled the lower quite comfortably too, but you decided not to give us it (presumably as you thought there'd be something riding on the game).

Shame but oh well. I'm coming but haven't got a ticket, don't plan on getting one either. Will just stay around Notting Hill drinking I expect, and then meet the lot that have gone to the game afterwards.
Lower School End on 16:12 - May 2 with 2248 viewsderbyhoop

Lower School End on 15:46 - May 2 by JJH

We've sold out our 1,800 to season ticket holders, so could've filled the lower quite comfortably too, but you decided not to give us it (presumably as you thought there'd be something riding on the game).

Shame but oh well. I'm coming but haven't got a ticket, don't plan on getting one either. Will just stay around Notting Hill drinking I expect, and then meet the lot that have gone to the game afterwards.

It's not ideal for fans of either team. Problem with having a low capacity ground.
Should be a decent atmosphere but the game could go flat as neither have anything to play for. Thank God.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Lower School End on 22:12 - May 2 with 2088 viewsRandom_Ranger

Thanks everyone. Probably going to try it - biggest concern is the rain. Plus I have always heard the away end seating is cramped, but I am sure it will beat the old wooden seats in the away end at Ashton Gate 15/20 years ago (yep, I was there for Damien Stewart's goal - one of THOSE moments after watching Murray's screamer in front of us a couple of minutes earlier)
Login to get fewer ads

Lower School End on 15:04 - May 4 with 1765 viewsJJH

Lower School End on 16:12 - May 2 by derbyhoop

It's not ideal for fans of either team. Problem with having a low capacity ground.
Should be a decent atmosphere but the game could go flat as neither have anything to play for. Thank God.

Yeah I imagine so, be plenty of well fuelled Bristolians as there's a few boozy boat trips down the Thames which have sold out pre-match.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024