Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless 23:41 - Apr 7 with 2917 viewsmart_Goblin

Taken me a while to let that performance sink in. I felt stunned at full time as did other members of my family who I was with.
It’s hard to know where to start but I’ll say this: I see people saying that the players are trying and there is no lack of effort .

Sorry, the majority of this lot are phoning it in..faking it. They run around and look like they are giving it their all but they are not . As an ex player, I can assure you they are not .
I didn’t see any urgency, any real fight, any aggression or any sort of aim or direction.
It’s all very well giving the odd fist bump amongst the back 5 because we miraculously hadn’t conceded in the first 10 minutes ..but it’s fake . It’s for our benefit.

I remember Roy Keane on tv saying even if the game is going badly ..smash into someone , make a stand ..just to make yourself feel better if nothing else.
But there was nothing. No shouting at each other to drive each other on, no nothing .
Especially from the captain . Both physically and mentally he is shot ..done.
He is not fit to lead this team and as I’ve mentioned before , I wonder if he is part of the problem in the dressing room .
Not heard great things about him around the club .

We can go into the manager until the cows come home…but I think the penny dropped today that this lot are done. They have nothing left to give .
The inquest must now start on who and how we could assemble such classless, unprofessional, soft and gutless bunch as this .

A few of them care , but the others are faking it …or blatantly not giving a shit…either way, it will put us back decades.
Gutted this evening
[Post edited 7 Apr 2023 23:43]
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 23:45 - Apr 7 with 2833 viewsozexile

I agree mate in any team it's your peers who push you to achieve. Most of what the manager says goes in one ear and out the other. We have zero characters in the team. Zero.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 23:51 - Apr 7 with 2785 viewsmart_Goblin

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 23:45 - Apr 7 by ozexile

I agree mate in any team it's your peers who push you to achieve. Most of what the manager says goes in one ear and out the other. We have zero characters in the team. Zero.

Exactly. GA isn’t blameless here. We are getting worse .

But we don’t have one leader on that pitch and the clear out we had in May, most of whom were leaders in some way , just to save on wages will now cost us tenfold.
It’s a disgraceful mess
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 23:59 - Apr 7 with 2730 viewsDamo1962

Johansen is a disgrace. Hopefully first out the door.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 00:36 - Apr 8 with 2583 viewsEalingHoop81

I’m absolutely gutted tonight, like everyone else, and what gets me the most is that we just don’t look capable of attacking or defending. I understand the anger and frustration on here and I’m not going to defend the players, management or board but…..

……do we really think they aren’t trying or don’t care? Some perhaps but …. Chair & Albert love the club,Dykes has come back from pneumonia desperate to play, Field always gives his best etc. I don’t actually see a lot to dislike in these players individually when compared for example to the toxic ones in the Prem in 12/13 and 14/15 and it’s chalk and cheese.

I don’t know the answer, this evening I barely know the bloody question, but I don’t think it’s caring or effort here. There is a real lack of leadership in our squad, the four old heads that Warbs used to talk about are completely missing from this side. The confidence is shot to pieces in defence, and injuries and loss of form have stifled our attacking interactive play between Ilias and Willock etc that was so key to space being created for the full backs etc.

We just look a very poor side, that is very low on confidence and we needed someone to get a hold of the dressing room 4 months ago…….

What really hurts is that 2023 is the time I chose to start bringing my son with me. Leaving the R block for random seats in the family section each game feels odd as it’s over 25 years since I sat in the loft, but also heartbreaking that my 7 year old so looks forward to coming and then watches this crap!!!

We all deserve so, so much better
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 0:38]
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 01:53 - Apr 8 with 2430 viewsconnell10

I just think basically the players just ain't good enough.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 02:15 - Apr 8 with 2387 viewsMatch82

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 00:36 - Apr 8 by EalingHoop81

I’m absolutely gutted tonight, like everyone else, and what gets me the most is that we just don’t look capable of attacking or defending. I understand the anger and frustration on here and I’m not going to defend the players, management or board but…..

……do we really think they aren’t trying or don’t care? Some perhaps but …. Chair & Albert love the club,Dykes has come back from pneumonia desperate to play, Field always gives his best etc. I don’t actually see a lot to dislike in these players individually when compared for example to the toxic ones in the Prem in 12/13 and 14/15 and it’s chalk and cheese.

I don’t know the answer, this evening I barely know the bloody question, but I don’t think it’s caring or effort here. There is a real lack of leadership in our squad, the four old heads that Warbs used to talk about are completely missing from this side. The confidence is shot to pieces in defence, and injuries and loss of form have stifled our attacking interactive play between Ilias and Willock etc that was so key to space being created for the full backs etc.

We just look a very poor side, that is very low on confidence and we needed someone to get a hold of the dressing room 4 months ago…….

What really hurts is that 2023 is the time I chose to start bringing my son with me. Leaving the R block for random seats in the family section each game feels odd as it’s over 25 years since I sat in the loft, but also heartbreaking that my 7 year old so looks forward to coming and then watches this crap!!!

We all deserve so, so much better
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 0:38]

I don't think the lack of fcks given by these players is as bad as the Prem team of mercenaries. But somehow it FEELS worse. I think it's because when Julio Cesar rocks up to play for QPR we knew exactly what we were getting. He was here for one reason only and we never kidded ourselves that he gave a sht about the club.

This lot, we talked ourselves into. They want to be here we said. It makes sense. It's a step up (Dickie) or a second chance (Dunne). They've heard good things from former players (Willock) or they want to do well with us so they can get into the first team at the next level (all the loans). And for a while, it worked. Everything was humming along. Then it started to go south, Beale fcked off and then freefall.

It's not just the bad attitude and the bad performances, it's the fact that we have seen them do better, and seen it first hand.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 06:13 - Apr 8 with 2212 viewsNorthantsHoop

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 01:53 - Apr 8 by connell10

Exactly
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 06:50 - Apr 8 with 2129 viewstraininvain

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 01:53 - Apr 8 by connell10

They were top of the league only six months ago and most of this group were top six for over half of last season.
Login to get fewer ads

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 06:57 - Apr 8 with 2098 viewsThaiHoop

For a perfect example of those that care and those who don't, look at that joke of a second goal.

Yes both Dunne and Balogan fcuk up, but look at the difference in reactions to the mistake.....Dunne busting a gut to retrieve the error, Balagon just strolling....enough said.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 07:20 - Apr 8 with 1993 viewsThe_Beast1976

I said pretty much the same thing to my mate. In my playing days, if we're were getting outclassed or playing badly I'd get stuck into any of my team mates whose heads had dropped or who weren't giving their all. I'd also smash the fcuk out of the oppos wingers/forwards both to let them know I was still in fcuking charge no matter what else was happening and to make myself feel better.

I don't see any of that from even one of these players. It's disgraceful.

No wonder GA was almost lost for words in the post match interview. It's finally dawned on him that he's not going to get anything from the 'cavalry' either.

I do think it's a little bit of a lack of belief and a little bit of not being sure what GA is asking them to do as a gameplan/system (whatever the gameplan/system is (from what I've seen it looks like aimless hoofs forward and a high press, and the players look bemused by it) it's clearly not suitable to the yellow bellies we have playing for us), but more than anything it looks to me like a total lack of effort (be that consciously or sub-consciously).

The aforesaid lack of effort is wholly unacceptable from so-called professionals.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 09:31 - Apr 8 with 1624 viewsJuzzie

In my time I’ve seen us relegated four times and each one we were pretty much awful from the first game to the last.
If we get relegated this time, which seems increasingly likely, it will quite simply be the worst I’ve seen because of where we were in the first third of the season and we know the players can do better. This is not down to bad managers but players not giving a fk. Ok, i know there’s a lot of anger on here towards Les, Lee and the board/owners but no one was complaining about manager and player acquisitions in the autumn when we were flying high.
Something has gone very wrong.
‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 02:37 - Apr 9 with 1306 viewsDamo1962

‘Fake’ hoops left me shocked and speechless on 09:31 - Apr 8 by Juzzie

In my time I’ve seen us relegated four times and each one we were pretty much awful from the first game to the last.
If we get relegated this time, which seems increasingly likely, it will quite simply be the worst I’ve seen because of where we were in the first third of the season and we know the players can do better. This is not down to bad managers but players not giving a fk. Ok, i know there’s a lot of anger on here towards Les, Lee and the board/owners but no one was complaining about manager and player acquisitions in the autumn when we were flying high.
Something has gone very wrong.

It's all on these players for me too. That said, we need to have a long hard look throughout the club, as to why a season where we should comfortably have stayed out of trouble...has ended like this.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024