Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More UEFA Shenanigans 09:23 - Sep 7 with 1942 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"Outside the ECA there is a perception that, despite having 245 members in the previous cycle, its power is concentrated in the hands of a stratospherically wealthy few. It has just 16 permanent founder members, including Manchester United, Chelsea and Rangers, and well under half its clubs have full voting rights."

Unreal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/sep/06/battle-for-future-of-european-f

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

More UEFA Shenanigans on 09:43 - Sep 7 with 1875 viewsTheChef

I wasn't even aware of the ECA until this week!

Odd.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:27 - Sep 7 with 1788 viewsBrianMcCarthy

More UEFA Shenanigans on 09:43 - Sep 7 by TheChef

I wasn't even aware of the ECA until this week!

Odd.

Me neither, Chef.

How in this Century can there be any organisation that only allows certain members a vote?

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:33 - Sep 7 with 1774 viewssprocket

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:27 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Me neither, Chef.

How in this Century can there be any organisation that only allows certain members a vote?

I assume you are being sarcastic. FIFA/UEFA have been corrupt for a long time now and fairness has been overtaken by greed and corruption. My cynicism knows no bounds at this point but I have long lost any hope for the return of fair play and levelish playing field
More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:39 - Sep 7 with 1747 viewsTheChef

ECA current president is also PSG president.

Nuff said.

Although given I'd never heard of them till this week, I suggest they get better PR.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:39 - Sep 7 with 1748 viewsBrianMcCarthy

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:33 - Sep 7 by sprocket

I assume you are being sarcastic. FIFA/UEFA have been corrupt for a long time now and fairness has been overtaken by greed and corruption. My cynicism knows no bounds at this point but I have long lost any hope for the return of fair play and levelish playing field

No, I'm not, and I agree with you. I just find it staggering that the smaller clubs have allowed this to happen to themselves. Fine, there's a pecking order, I could accept that. But no vote? Allowing that to happen to themselves shows a complete lack of self-respect.

More UEFA Shenanigans on 11:58 - Sep 7 with 1597 viewsterryb

More UEFA Shenanigans on 10:39 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

No, I'm not, and I agree with you. I just find it staggering that the smaller clubs have allowed this to happen to themselves. Fine, there's a pecking order, I could accept that. But no vote? Allowing that to happen to themselves shows a complete lack of self-respect.

Does this not also apply to the EFL & the National League?

I'm not sure how it works now, but prior to the Premier League the FL divisions 3 & 4 had only 4 votes between them. As recently as during lockdown, the NL north & south clubs were in the same position.

This is/was due to those clubs being "affiliated " & not full members.
More UEFA Shenanigans on 12:00 - Sep 7 with 1593 viewssprocket

Small clubs were most likely given incentives to allow that to happen, same as EPL/EFL really. I'm middle aged and grumpy so all this fits my agenda but the "old" days seemed fairer in this regard, yes there were "big" teams and all that but the disparity was smaller. If you examine the world it's the same. Globalisation, Big Corps, pay disparity etc...
More UEFA Shenanigans on 12:20 - Sep 7 with 1537 viewsBrianMcCarthy

More UEFA Shenanigans on 11:58 - Sep 7 by terryb

Does this not also apply to the EFL & the National League?

I'm not sure how it works now, but prior to the Premier League the FL divisions 3 & 4 had only 4 votes between them. As recently as during lockdown, the NL north & south clubs were in the same position.

This is/was due to those clubs being "affiliated " & not full members.

Wow, didn't know that Terry.

Login to get fewer ads

More UEFA Shenanigans on 12:54 - Sep 7 with 1443 viewsterryb

More UEFA Shenanigans on 12:20 - Sep 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Wow, didn't know that Terry.

From memory Brian, the National League voted for points per game for season 2019/20 to allow promotion to the EFL, but against ppg for North & south. Thus no relegation!
More UEFA Shenanigans on 14:50 - Sep 7 with 1306 viewsQPunkR

The ECA is nothing to do with UEFA

QPR - "shit but local"

More UEFA Shenanigans on 15:01 - Sep 7 with 1250 viewsBoston

Is this the MPLA, or is this...

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

More UEFA Shenanigans on 17:09 - Sep 7 with 1161 viewsQPunkR

The ‘smaller’ European clubs have banded together to create the Union of European Clubs this year. They’re also vying to get a say within UEFA, as the ECA did recently. Agree however that it’s ridiculous that the ECA essentially has different tiers of membership

QPR - "shit but local"

More UEFA Shenanigans on 18:19 - Sep 7 with 1082 viewshantssi

More UEFA Shenanigans on 14:50 - Sep 7 by QPunkR

The ECA is nothing to do with UEFA

Correct, it’s the Electrical Contractors Association!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024