Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have to support Marti 10:42 - Jan 7 with 2118 viewsphilb3421

The Club has to support this man.
If you listen closely to his words in the interviews you can detect his frustration with the players not following his instructions especially in the first 15 minutes of the second half against Bournemouth but they didn’t and we lost the game as a result.
He is here to win games, he has targets, he is not afraid to say it as it is, he has a plan for different types of games and tactic's, he is clearly very professional and passionate about what he is doing but he is only as good as the tools he has available to him (no pun intended!!)
I am sure he has identified his requirements and probably the players he specifically wants but does the club have the resources and the personnel to deliver them to him?
If we consider no DOF, a combined CEO and Chairman and an absent Board then I fear not.
Hopefully he will be strong enough with them to get the support he needs because we really need some of “his” players in this season if we are to have the slightest chance of staying in the Championship
We have to support Marti on 10:47 - Jan 7 with 2077 viewsRs_Holy

Agree 100%… we are lucky to have him
We have to support Marti on 11:20 - Jan 7 with 1955 viewsBoston

Let's hope he wants to support us.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

We have to support Marti on 11:36 - Jan 7 with 1893 viewsbosh67

I wonder if there was any discussion about what he would be allowed to do if we went down? For me, if he wants to stay and we do go down, he feels like a real base to start again from. Someone who could create a team and a mentality, albeit one flight of stairs down.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We have to support Marti on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 1879 viewsQPRConor2000

If the board dont have the resources to back him this month then they quite frankly need to look at themselves.
[Post edited 7 Jan 12:18]
We have to support Marti on 12:14 - Jan 7 with 1784 viewsOldPedro

We have to support Marti on 11:39 - Jan 7 by QPRConor2000

If the board dont have the resources to back him this month then they quite frankly need to look at themselves.

It's not about the resources the board have - they are very wealthy men - its what they can pay in to ensure we stay within FFP

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

We have to support Marti on 12:17 - Jan 7 with 1764 viewsQPRConor2000

We have to support Marti on 12:14 - Jan 7 by OldPedro

It's not about the resources the board have - they are very wealthy men - its what they can pay in to ensure we stay within FFP

Well, they dont help themselves do they by poorly recruiting players.

We have to support Marti on 12:25 - Jan 7 with 1719 viewsQPROslo

We have to support Marti on 12:17 - Jan 7 by QPRConor2000

Well, they dont help themselves do they by poorly recruiting players.

The Board don't recruit the players, or shouldn't be.
We have to support Marti on 12:30 - Jan 7 with 1683 viewsJimthehip

100% agree
Login to get fewer ads

We have to support Marti on 12:43 - Jan 7 with 1631 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Yep, handed the ultimate hospital pass by Bhatia, Ferdinand, Ainsworth et al.
We have to support Marti on 12:56 - Jan 7 with 1595 viewsQPunkR

I certainly want to keep Martí but for all his complaints about the players not following his instructions, I wish they'd ignore his instructions on those godforsaken short goal kick routines. Please Martí - knock that ideal on the head until we have the players in place who can actually carry it out without it being suicidal!

QPR - "shit but local"

We have to support Marti on 13:03 - Jan 7 with 1569 viewsw7r

Having listened to his post-match with bbc radio London only reinforced my thoughts on our situation and my opinion of him.

I don’t care who goes from the club from the playing or back room staff only things that matter is that we keep hold of Marti and the owners keep putting in every month to keep us afloat until such time as we are free from this ffp millstone.

I genuinely think he’s the real deal, no cliches, no fluff, honest views and very smart.

Get him on a longer contract now if we can.
We have to support Marti on 15:44 - Jan 7 with 1324 viewsstainrods_elbow

For the record, while I certainly don't subscribe to the completely uncritical love-in/black-and-white thinking surrounding the manager and team on show here (roughly, the entire squad is uncoachable/unimproveable while MC is some kind of Scando-Spanish Messiah - or could be, if he just had players who he could get to do what he wants), I do agree he's by some measure the least shit thing about the club right now. (Not hard!)

What troubles me is the prima facie contradiction between him making it pretty clear he needs the Board to change the squad to give him/us any chance at all (though I presume he's been briefed on the club's FFP position) while also telling us the players are all very 'talented' and he is 'very confident' we'll get the wins/points we need (unlike the grumpy rump of posters here, apparently).

Of course, it's all par for the course with our schizophrenic club. The whole thing - players, management, and LoftforWorders - is more fractured (and fractious) than the UK itself, coated in huge slops of bullshit.
[Post edited 7 Jan 15:46]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

We have to support Marti on 08:28 - Jan 8 with 1011 viewskingsburyR

OK, say we spend £6 to £8 million in the window and stay up.

What sort of points deduction are we looking at? 10 maybe.

Would that be wiser than accept the inevitable at the end of this season and starting August the league below.

At least we'd have a stronger squad to cope with the points deduction but still be in the Championship.
[Post edited 8 Jan 8:55]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

We have to support Marti on 09:45 - Jan 8 with 891 viewsbosh67

I am starting to think Marti's interview went something like...

Marti: So most of the players are fit?
QPR board: Yes, most of the players are mostly fit.
Marti: And if we are struggling still after Christmas there will be funds?
QPR board: Yes, we've had decent gates... If that continues we can give the catering staff a bonus.
Marti: I meant players.
QPR board: Yes, you will have players.
Marti: I meant funds for players.
QPR board: Yes, we can pay the players.
Marti: I meant new players.
QPR board: We have a new player for you.
Marti: Who's that?
QPR board: Don't tell anyone but it's Taylor Richards.
Marti: Don't we already have Taylor Richards?
QPR board: Not right now but when we do he will be your new player.
Marti: Anyone else?
QPR board: ... Raylor Tichards.
Marti: Isn't that the same player?
QPR board: No, it's just a coincidence.
Marti: But we'll need other reinforcements.
QPR board: Yes understood. We've put a handrail up in the toilet.
Marti: I mean players.
QPR board: Most of them don't need the handrail... Well, just a few.
Marti: Hmmmm... what's the mental attitude of the players at the moment?
QPR board: Biscuit?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

We have to support Marti on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 888 viewsWatford_Ranger

We have to support Marti on 08:28 - Jan 8 by kingsburyR

OK, say we spend £6 to £8 million in the window and stay up.

What sort of points deduction are we looking at? 10 maybe.

Would that be wiser than accept the inevitable at the end of this season and starting August the league below.

At least we'd have a stronger squad to cope with the points deduction but still be in the Championship.
[Post edited 8 Jan 8:55]

We’d spend it and go down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024