Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adel 09:27 - Jan 3 with 1915 viewsTheBlob

Lovely performance that was.Three,sometimes four round him,clattered black and blue,always bounced up like one of those kid's toys.The weighted pass for the goal and the Mackie through ball sheer poetry.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Adel on 09:29 - Jan 3 with 1263 viewsklr

Forget about Fulham, he really came of age last night.

A real Leaders performance beyond his years.
Adel on 09:31 - Jan 3 with 1235 viewsdaveB

he's been producing performances like that for three years now but is finally started to get the praise he deserves. Superb player. AgainsT Chelsea at home last season he produced a similar performance drawing free kicks and keeping the ball, we fell apart when he went off but all anyone could do was slate him for wanting to take the penalty
Adel on 09:52 - Jan 3 with 1191 viewsPommyhoop

Adel on 09:29 - Jan 3 by klr

Forget about Fulham, he really came of age last night.

A real Leaders performance beyond his years.

Yep.That lay off .How disciplined and unselfish was he to do that.The old Adel would've thought 'f''ck you SWP I aint passing to you your sh!te'
Thing is he probably would've plucked it out of the air like only he can and despatched it in the top corner.
Brilliant performance Adel.His ankles and shins mast be f***ing sore.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Adel on 09:58 - Jan 3 with 1176 viewschris1969

Adel on 09:52 - Jan 3 by Pommyhoop

Yep.That lay off .How disciplined and unselfish was he to do that.The old Adel would've thought 'f''ck you SWP I aint passing to you your sh!te'
Thing is he probably would've plucked it out of the air like only he can and despatched it in the top corner.
Brilliant performance Adel.His ankles and shins mast be f***ing sore.

Plus Granero took the corner which meant Adel was in the right place to set up SWP.

Hopefully we will be able to play a similar system against Spuds, West Ham and Man City.
Adel on 09:59 - Jan 3 with 1167 viewsNorthernr

He was magnificent. He really seems to be reveling in this 'longest serving player' thing, like it's his club.
Adel on 10:01 - Jan 3 with 1142 viewsBrianMcCarthy

As we've been saying for a while on here, his attitude, work rate and discipline are improving immeasurably. Up until now the journos and pundits have largely failed to notice. During the game last night and driving to work this morning I can't get it out of my head that they, and soon the scouts and managers, must surely get it soon.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Adel on 10:02 - Jan 3 with 1142 viewsisawqpratwcity

It's great to see that even decent Premier defences have trouble coping with him. I love the way he looks like he's doing that old Benny Hill joke with the ball on elastic to his boot! But even better, he has developed a physicality to his game, so a defender cannot barge him off the ball (a skill SWP badly needs to develop, but given his size, perhaps cannot). Oh, and his commitment, yes he now does attack AND defence. That last one he apparently learned under the egregious MH. Oh well, we got something for our ten mill.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Adel on 10:07 - Jan 3 with 1118 viewsisawqpratwcity

And I forgot to add, that tap into open space for SWP to run onto was just f*cking inspired!

Login to get fewer ads

Adel on 10:11 - Jan 3 with 1106 viewsElHoop

In the first half he was very good but still lacked a little bit of effort in the chasing/harrying department.

In the second half he came out and did it all - a truly magnificent all round effort.
Adel on 10:11 - Jan 3 with 1106 viewsBirchwood

I couldn't face going last night, (serves me right). Watched on internet stream for Fox sports. Pundet Warren Barton was telling America before the game started what a luxury player Adel was and how we couldn't afford luxury players at QPR. Adel worked his ar*e off again and made Barton look a complete tit.

Never trust a man who, when left alone in a room with a tea cozy, doesn't try it on.

Adel on 10:30 - Jan 3 with 1065 viewsdanehoop

Adel on 09:59 - Jan 3 by Northernr

He was magnificent. He really seems to be reveling in this 'longest serving player' thing, like it's his club.

It is his club though. He knows we love him and the feeling is mutual. We know he will eventually move on to bigger and much better things, but he has grown up with us and you can see it beginning to work.

Never knowingly understood

Adel on 10:31 - Jan 3 with 1052 viewsPhilmyRs

Last night Adel Tarrabt was exceptional. He led the line like a lion.

What I Liked about the performance was that it wasn’t show pony stuff, instead it’s what I would describe as a ‘effective brilliance’. He recognised the importance of keeping the ball, used his strength and technique to keep the ball on a piece of string. I feared for us looking at their defence with Louis in front, but Adel made one of the best defences look ordinary, drawing fouls at will. It was a captain’s performance. Even once or twice he played intelligent passes that SWP couldn’t read.

Adel doesn’t always need to try the ‘nuts’ trick, he’s most effective when he uses his body movement, strength and ball control to get himself space. Away from home ball retention is essential, Adel understood and was a true hero, along with 10 others.
Adel on 10:34 - Jan 3 with 1043 viewsdaveB

Adel on 10:11 - Jan 3 by Birchwood

I couldn't face going last night, (serves me right). Watched on internet stream for Fox sports. Pundet Warren Barton was telling America before the game started what a luxury player Adel was and how we couldn't afford luxury players at QPR. Adel worked his ar*e off again and made Barton look a complete tit.

I saw that as well, Warren Barton talking about how poor Taarabt is and he only plays for himself. Compelte tosser, will never forget that port Vale debut, he was awful
Adel on 10:37 - Jan 3 with 1026 viewsNorthernr

If pundits who rarely see him play are just going to continue with this luxury player, lazy etc stuff they've heard from everybody else he's going to continue making them look daft. Maybe was once, but not any more.
Adel on 10:40 - Jan 3 with 997 viewsPommyhoop

I wish Ramires was on from the start.Adel would've got him sent off.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Adel on 10:41 - Jan 3 with 990 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adel on 10:37 - Jan 3 by Northernr

If pundits who rarely see him play are just going to continue with this luxury player, lazy etc stuff they've heard from everybody else he's going to continue making them look daft. Maybe was once, but not any more.

Leaving aside the injustice of it, it suits me just fine. The longer they peddle that crap, the longer he plays for us.

Adel on 10:50 - Jan 3 with 968 viewswestberksr

Adel on 10:02 - Jan 3 by isawqpratwcity

It's great to see that even decent Premier defences have trouble coping with him. I love the way he looks like he's doing that old Benny Hill joke with the ball on elastic to his boot! But even better, he has developed a physicality to his game, so a defender cannot barge him off the ball (a skill SWP badly needs to develop, but given his size, perhaps cannot). Oh, and his commitment, yes he now does attack AND defence. That last one he apparently learned under the egregious MH. Oh well, we got something for our ten mill.

re the physicality; watching Adel, he spends most of the time on the ball with his arm up in the defenders face and gives as good as he gets.

tons of skill, confidence, body strength & happy to stick his forearm in that prikk Luiz's face & chest on a regular basis
Adel on 10:59 - Jan 3 with 943 viewsngbqpr

I think it's that body strength that makes him so hard to shake off the ball, allied to the trickery, that probably drew the early Zidane comparisons

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Adel on 11:04 - Jan 3 with 924 viewsNeil_SI

It really was a marvellous performance, truly outstanding, especially in the context of being asked to lead the line on his own.

He should be thoroughly delighted with that display. He gave us breathing space and time on the ball in pockets of space where it didn't look possible, but what set him apart was his decision making on the ball.

He chose the right time for a bit of flair, the right time to set the ball and play intricately, the right time to turn and drive into the space in front of him and the right time to draw fouls. Really it was one of the great lone centre forward performances the Premier League has seen, considering just how hard it is to play up top on your own, especially away from home and at a place like Stamford Bridge.

But he worked his socks off as well. He tracked runners, he put tackles and blocks in and there was a period where he was chasing players in and around our penalty box at full speed, and then Julio Cesar got the ball and the first thing on his mind was to burst up the pitch and call for the counter, which he chased out by the wing near us with maximum effort.

Not a Premier League player? My arse.
Adel on 11:05 - Jan 3 with 917 viewsGeorge_Milton

Adel on 10:59 - Jan 3 by ngbqpr

I think it's that body strength that makes him so hard to shake off the ball, allied to the trickery, that probably drew the early Zidane comparisons

Hold my hands up, when I saw he was upfront I muttered some words of discontent.
But he played really well, if SWP could have read his passes we might have got more than 1.
Adel on 11:19 - Jan 3 with 883 viewsQPR_ARG

Simply a poet...

Adel on 11:22 - Jan 3 with 872 viewsClive_Anderson

Adel on 10:37 - Jan 3 by Northernr

I suspect it is pure jealousy on their part. People like Barton know that they didn't have 10% of the ability of Tarbs when they played so they have to convince themselves that they made up for it through effort and discipline. That and the fact that they're a bit thick.

By the way I remember when it was suggested Tarbs can play up front on his own most people on here went mental and started calling for the funny farm.
Adel on 11:25 - Jan 3 with 852 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Adel on 11:04 - Jan 3 by Neil_SI

It really was a marvellous performance, truly outstanding, especially in the context of being asked to lead the line on his own.

He should be thoroughly delighted with that display. He gave us breathing space and time on the ball in pockets of space where it didn't look possible, but what set him apart was his decision making on the ball.

He chose the right time for a bit of flair, the right time to set the ball and play intricately, the right time to turn and drive into the space in front of him and the right time to draw fouls. Really it was one of the great lone centre forward performances the Premier League has seen, considering just how hard it is to play up top on your own, especially away from home and at a place like Stamford Bridge.

But he worked his socks off as well. He tracked runners, he put tackles and blocks in and there was a period where he was chasing players in and around our penalty box at full speed, and then Julio Cesar got the ball and the first thing on his mind was to burst up the pitch and call for the counter, which he chased out by the wing near us with maximum effort.

Not a Premier League player? My arse.

That sums it up.

Bonus points too for using the 'pro' term 'up top'!

Adel on 11:30 - Jan 3 with 836 viewspomanjou

Adel on 11:22 - Jan 3 by Clive_Anderson

I suspect it is pure jealousy on their part. People like Barton know that they didn't have 10% of the ability of Tarbs when they played so they have to convince themselves that they made up for it through effort and discipline. That and the fact that they're a bit thick.

By the way I remember when it was suggested Tarbs can play up front on his own most people on here went mental and started calling for the funny farm.

Yes, I remember it well. I was the one who was supposed to go to the funny farm

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Adel on 11:57 - Jan 3 with 794 viewsisawqpratwcity

Adel on 11:22 - Jan 3 by Clive_Anderson

You underestimate JB. I'd give him 50-80% of AT's utility, and, certainly, AT is the more likely to improve.

But the captaincy that JB held was so much more honest than that of AT. JB has genuine captaincy skills, while AT hasn't exhibited them yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024