Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa 08:52 - Mar 3 with 695 viewsN12Hoop

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21644726

If this is seriously being considered, then I hope that a whole bunch of countries tell the FIFA muppets that if they move the World Cup then it will be boycotted.

I don't give a fck about the World Cup, I want to watch my team and the thought of having the whole football season mucked about with to pander to Platini and his chums is ridiculous. There is no good reason to hold the tournament in this unwelcoming non-democratic desert and you can only assume that some FIFA members have earned themselves a lot of free stuff by awarding it to them in the first place.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 09:33 - Mar 3 with 658 viewsDylanP

Its a feckin joke! Good lord world football is screwed up!. Why do we have to put up with idiots like Blatter and Platini???? Apparently they are looking into ways to generate artificial clouds!

What the hell is wrong with this corrupt bunch of gasbags???? (actually, I think I just answered my own question)

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 10:21 - Mar 3 with 627 viewsrunningman75

Still 9 years to go, bound to be a lot more instability in world politics before then , especially the Middle East. Though FIFA are a terribly run organization who are in it to line their own pockets ( a bit like most governments).
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 10:27 - Mar 3 with 609 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Im all for the globalisation of the sport but not if that means tinkering with 'the way things are', I'm not keen on many of these new changes with 4th officials, goal line technology etc but that's only because I think football has become the best game in the world without any of this stuff. But times change and you move with them or you get left behind.

A winter world cup though, which would enforce a winter break in the leagues, it's bang out of order! Just because it's so farking hot there they can't play during the day then don't fûcking having it there!

Trying to force the square peg into the round hole FFS FIFA you're fućking useless! Can we leave FIFA with other like minded nations? Nothing but a bunch of crooks ruining t for everyone.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 11:04 - Mar 3 with 576 viewsDylanP

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 10:27 - Mar 3 by Pablo_Hoopsta

Im all for the globalisation of the sport but not if that means tinkering with 'the way things are', I'm not keen on many of these new changes with 4th officials, goal line technology etc but that's only because I think football has become the best game in the world without any of this stuff. But times change and you move with them or you get left behind.

A winter world cup though, which would enforce a winter break in the leagues, it's bang out of order! Just because it's so farking hot there they can't play during the day then don't fûcking having it there!

Trying to force the square peg into the round hole FFS FIFA you're fućking useless! Can we leave FIFA with other like minded nations? Nothing but a bunch of crooks ruining t for everyone.

Quite right. Unbelievable to think that they are actually considering forcing us (and most of the other top leagues) to cancel our season so that we can have a world cup in a country with no footballing transition and not enough population to support a world cup, just so that they can get rich off the bribes! Feckers!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 11:45 - Mar 3 with 550 viewsTHEBUSH

Our problem is, the other big European Football Country's, don't support the FA's stand against corruption in FIFA.
I don't know why this is, as everyone can't be corrupt, can they ?
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 11:58 - Mar 3 with 532 viewsClive_Anderson

Ha ha looks like FIFA have started to realise that they've dropped an almighty bollock in awarding the World Cup to Qatar.

They must have spent their trips out there in the hotel room with the coke and hostesses rather than venture outside for 10 seconds when they would have realised that the climate is utterly unsuitable for playing professional football. They've only just looked into the temperature issue now? What were they doing before the decision exactly, looking at Powerpoint presentations and pie charts?

I'm looking forward to watching games at 4am in the morning in a half empty stadium in the middle of the fcking desert. Actually hang on, I might not bother along with the rest of the football world.

This might well be the end of FIFA and good fcking riddance to the parasites.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:03 - Mar 3 with 520 viewsMarc

Wouldnt be Platini they are pandering to mate, he is in charge of UEFA.

Mr Blatter on the other hand...
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:28 - Mar 3 with 493 viewsTW_R

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 11:58 - Mar 3 by Clive_Anderson

Ha ha looks like FIFA have started to realise that they've dropped an almighty bollock in awarding the World Cup to Qatar.

They must have spent their trips out there in the hotel room with the coke and hostesses rather than venture outside for 10 seconds when they would have realised that the climate is utterly unsuitable for playing professional football. They've only just looked into the temperature issue now? What were they doing before the decision exactly, looking at Powerpoint presentations and pie charts?

I'm looking forward to watching games at 4am in the morning in a half empty stadium in the middle of the fcking desert. Actually hang on, I might not bother along with the rest of the football world.

That pretty much sums it up. Anyone that has spent more than 2 days in Doha will tell you, it's a complete shithole that doesn't have the infrastructure to support a world cup. Not only that, it doesn't have the population to either fill the stadiums or have any passion or knowledge of football. Their local league games are played in mainly empty grounds with no atmosphere.

Playing games in above 40c heat it one issue, but just getting supporters to and from the grounds will cause chaos both because of the heat and because of the amount of extra people in the city. The traffic there is already dreadful and Qatar has one of the fastest growing populations in the world. There's about 1 million people that live in Doha and that's likely to go up by a third in the next 10 years. They estimated that 300,000 people flew into South Africa for the World Cup there. There's just no way Qatar could manage that amount of people over a month.

I also get the impression that no one at FIFA have thought about the implications of having fans from Germany, England, Holland, Poland, Turkey etc all staying in the same small city and moving between stadiums, potentially on the same day. It's a disaster waiting to happen. The police there have no experience of handling large numbers of football fans. Should be fun!
Login to get fewer ads

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:30 - Mar 3 with 489 viewsBAWHoops

It's a terrible idea and of course I'm against it but.....

World Cup Final on Christmas Day.... imagine

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:32 - Mar 3 with 488 viewsMarc

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 11:58 - Mar 3 by Clive_Anderson

How you're right.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:34 - Mar 3 with 485 viewskensalriser

They are if enough money's involved.

Corrupt, that is.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:43 - Mar 3 with 472 viewsHollowayRanger

they dont care about the players health

they dont care about the fans

all they care about is whats in it for themselves and im sure that were well looked after in return for voting for qatar

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:47 - Mar 3 with 467 viewsJuzzie

Doesn't this come under the "no $hit Sherlock" heading? We all knew it would be too hot to play in Qatar and the decision was totally money driven.

Is it possible to have large, fully enclosed air conditioned stadiums? They'd cost an absolute fortune to keep such a massive space cool and any supposed 'anti-climate change' policies would go out the window.

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:53 - Mar 3 with 459 viewsTW_R

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:47 - Mar 3 by Juzzie

Doesn't this come under the "no $hit Sherlock" heading? We all knew it would be too hot to play in Qatar and the decision was totally money driven.

Is it possible to have large, fully enclosed air conditioned stadiums? They'd cost an absolute fortune to keep such a massive space cool and any supposed 'anti-climate change' policies would go out the window.

The Qataris don't have any cost constraints and they certainly don't have any environmental policies. This is a nation built on oil and gas reserves and no one would work there without air con.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 14:02 - Mar 3 with 434 viewsN12Hoop

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:53 - Mar 3 by TW_R

The Qataris don't have any cost constraints and they certainly don't have any environmental policies. This is a nation built on oil and gas reserves and no one would work there without air con.

That may be, but then they'd need plenty of air conditioned training facilities, tranpsort etc and be able to cope with moving vast numbers of fans around. Or then again would they? How many people would actually bother going? It's presumably quite a costly destination. South Africa was not the success FIFA hoped, Brazil will be but then Russia and Qatar could be disasters. There's been talk about the US getting another go, maybe an OzNZ joint effort which is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. FIFA seem intent on spreading the gospel around the world but the reality is that the tournament should be held in safe football mad countries with a decent transport infrastructure. Nothing else should matter.

English football fans are less and less interested in the national team. Success at club level is what we all want. If this attitude spreads throughout Europe and people start losing interest could the World Cup start losing its shine and maybe become irrelevant?. That's what FIFA deserve.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 15:07 - Mar 3 with 376 viewsTGRRRSSS

Nobody will be going becuase nobody will be able to afford it, as said where will they house everybody???
Bet Blatter is glad he'll likely be dead or gaga by then, so doesn't have to really worry about it.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 15:40 - Mar 3 with 361 viewshoof_hearted

I have heard some interesting things from someone involved in the planning. Best not get specific to keep his confidence but...

The Qatari's have so much money that they are talking about air conditioned tunnels between hotels, transport and stadia to keep everyone out of the heat.

Ultimately, he says most top people do not expect the world cup to happen in Qatar and back ups will be in place.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 15:55 - Mar 3 with 345 viewsTheBlob

Don't forget the spectre of Global Warming.Asbestos lined shorts the order of the day.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 16:00 - Mar 3 with 336 viewsTearsOfaClown

From Tripadvisor
If you don’t like hot weather, do not go to Doha in the summer. Starting as early as May, the temperatures are going to break triple digits and will do so with increasing frequency until around September. June, July, and August highs typically top 100, and temps above 110 are not uncommon in the summer.

Winters, however, are milder, with sixties as common as eighties. Maybe an inch of rainfall will occur outside the summer months, but no drops will fall basically from late April into early October. Arid in the winter, humid in the summer, those prone to heat stroke are advised to stay in or to stay away.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 16:06 - Mar 3 with 328 viewshoof_hearted

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 15:55 - Mar 3 by TheBlob

Don't forget the spectre of Global Warming.Asbestos lined shorts the order of the day.

I always wear asbestos pants. Protects the public from the white hot heat of my passion tackle. Also keeps the smell in.
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 16:19 - Mar 3 with 319 viewsLandofoz89

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 12:30 - Mar 3 by BAWHoops

It's a terrible idea and of course I'm against it but.....

World Cup Final on Christmas Day.... imagine

It would be better than the usual shi*e that's on the tele

Meet me by the railway track

Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 16:47 - Mar 3 with 302 viewsTGRRRSSS

Thinking about it though USA 94 had games in places like Florida which are very hot and humid as well and USA is still probably going to get another World Cup before England does.

Qatar is ridiculous but wasn't somewhere like Florida or Texas and California pretty hot at that time of year back in 1994 World Cup in summer?
Medical reports could see winter Qatar World Cup, says Fifa on 17:15 - Mar 3 with 288 viewsMedwayR

I'm against the Qatar world cup as it was blatantly a decision based on bribes & corruption.

But I am in favour of a winter break, after the new years day games until February. A lot of european leagues have a winter break & it would ease the burden on our wallets after xmas, we'd have the transfer window to keep us entertained & the games at the end of the season would be played in decent weather, everyone loves a day on the beer watching football in the sun.

A winter break would open up the possibility of winter world cups, which is inevitable in my opinion, and done in the right way I'm not totally against it, but it won't be done in the right way because FIFA will be doing it for the wrong reasons & will make a hash of it...

Poll: Who’s better?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024