Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
if QPR move and change what will you accept 12:17 - Apr 17 with 607 viewsHollowayRanger

Move from loftus road = yep has to happen if we are to grow

name change? id be happy with LONDON RANGERS but know 99% wouldnt

shirt change ? something more wearer friendly ie not hoops?

could you support it still? seems to have worked really well for cardiff

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:19 - Apr 17 with 596 viewsdaveB

why would we need to change name or shirts? I wouldn't accept either of those
if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:21 - Apr 17 with 587 viewsRangersw12

Move from Loftus Road - Depends where new ground is

Name Change - No

Shirt Change - No

I wouldn't support the club if we got rid of the hoops or changed our name the hoops is our identity

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:24 - Apr 17 with 578 viewsHayesender

If there was ever a name change that would be me done with football

Poll: Shamima Beghum

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:31 - Apr 17 with 555 viewsTacticalR

Some great suggestions from Holloway. The ground move will have to be to Kuala Lumpur or Hong Kong to really build up the support.

Air hostess clique

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:31 - Apr 17 with 552 viewsMetallica_Hoop

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 12:24 - Apr 17 by Hayesender

If there was ever a name change that would be me done with football

I agree, you have to keep the name.

Don't care about Anything else...remind me again how many home grounds have we had? (a league record as I warned the guy from Derelict London. Apparently he's doing us btw but he said it will take ages lol)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:02 - Apr 17 with 482 viewsJuzzie

Loads of clubs have now moved grounds so it's nothing to be concerned about, other than the location.

Change of name, shirts and colours (the latter a la Cardiff) is a no no.

Though not ideal, badges change too amongst clubs as do shirt designs (look at Soton.... and thats not a criticism before any of you soton fans start wetting your knickers) but we are so deeply instrinsic with blue and white hoops we can never alter from that.

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:09 - Apr 17 with 457 viewsHollowayRanger

Just asking Some nasty questions im sure they have asked them at the top and hopefully moved on just as quickly

but its a global sport now cardiff have gone from blue to red for only one reason their asian owners and their new fan base in the far east , qpr queens park rangers means little to most outside europe London Rangers would put us on the map rightly/wrongly destroy upset 15,000- 20,000 uk fans but make how big an impact outside uk? same with shirt sales

its all about the money now aint it! even McIntyre says It would also mean the end of QPR as we know it, which for some will equate to a Wimbledon-style killing of their club and for others will be necessary progress given Rangers’ limited growth potential while they remain at Loftus Road

i could see it happening maybe slowly at first creaping in with a new away shirt with no hoops and maybe a new lesuire range called London Rangers?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:10 - Apr 17 with 448 viewsheadhoops

no problem with moving to a new, improved ground - who would not want more legroom, better seating, facilities etc and it does not have to be a souless bowl.

No name change.

Shirt change - i think come on you supaprinceofwalescheckas has a certain ring?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Login to get fewer ads

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:13 - Apr 17 with 440 viewsWeaverQPR

Ground move i could accept
Club colours change i would find very difficult to take
Name change no chance

@WeavQPR

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:20 - Apr 17 with 423 viewsHollowayRanger

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:13 - Apr 17 by WeaverQPR

Ground move i could accept
Club colours change i would find very difficult to take
Name change no chance

like you avatar

then and now look how the badge changed

wouldnt say no to going back to the hammersmith badge but do like the retro 70's badge as well

Listen to the band play!

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 411 viewsKonk

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:09 - Apr 17 by HollowayRanger

Just asking Some nasty questions im sure they have asked them at the top and hopefully moved on just as quickly

but its a global sport now cardiff have gone from blue to red for only one reason their asian owners and their new fan base in the far east , qpr queens park rangers means little to most outside europe London Rangers would put us on the map rightly/wrongly destroy upset 15,000- 20,000 uk fans but make how big an impact outside uk? same with shirt sales

its all about the money now aint it! even McIntyre says It would also mean the end of QPR as we know it, which for some will equate to a Wimbledon-style killing of their club and for others will be necessary progress given Rangers’ limited growth potential while they remain at Loftus Road

i could see it happening maybe slowly at first creaping in with a new away shirt with no hoops and maybe a new lesuire range called London Rangers?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff had added about 43 new fans in the FE as a result of changing to red. Utterly ridiculous. You look at old footage of games, old newspaper reports etc and it's the kit that links each generation. That's why I was gutted we had to wear a blue fu cking kit when we got to the Europa League final - our greatest ever night and we don't look like a Fulham side. I hate having a different colour away kit every other year, but home kits should never be touched. Your Adidas Dennis the Menace kits were great. Your blue and white hoops are great when you have a decent manufacturer.

As for adding London to the name - Arsenal, Chelsea and to a lesser extent, Tottenham, seem to do alright on the international support front without having London in their names; you just need to be a reasonably successful PL side to do that.

You can never change your name or colours without selling your past out. New ground is different and depends on loads of factors.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:26 - Apr 17 with 404 viewswestolian

London Rangers ?

Will we be changing sports as well

YEEEEHAAA !

BTW, this is a sh1t idea

ATAF

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:42 - Apr 17 with 380 viewsMonahoop

Changing the clubs name.Don't even go there.

Changing the clubs kit. A big no to that too. Keep the blue and white hoops. The kit change with Cardiff is not popular with their fans despite some reports stating otherwise. They may revert back to blue in the near future, but with their current owners telling them what to do, some accept the red kit, just to keep the peace so to say.

A ground move? I would be very sad to see the club uproot itself from Loftus Road. It could happen. Moving camp or building new stadiums seems to be vogue in football at present. If the club continues to have aspirations of being a top flight club,[ which at present it has made a right fist of ], then this could be the way to go. Possibly with some reluctance I can accept that. But leave the name and kit alone. Identity is key to a football club and its fans.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:45 - Apr 17 with 368 viewsDieByYourSide

Where is everyone getting kit/name changes from? I highly doubt it's gonna happen.

One thing we will have to put up with is any new ground being called 'The Air Asia Stadium' or similar but that's how it works with new grounds innit

Poll: And it's hi ho

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 16:42 - Apr 17 with 319 viewsA40Bosh

if QPR move and change what will you accept on 13:42 - Apr 17 by Monahoop

Changing the clubs name.Don't even go there.

Changing the clubs kit. A big no to that too. Keep the blue and white hoops. The kit change with Cardiff is not popular with their fans despite some reports stating otherwise. They may revert back to blue in the near future, but with their current owners telling them what to do, some accept the red kit, just to keep the peace so to say.

A ground move? I would be very sad to see the club uproot itself from Loftus Road. It could happen. Moving camp or building new stadiums seems to be vogue in football at present. If the club continues to have aspirations of being a top flight club,[ which at present it has made a right fist of ], then this could be the way to go. Possibly with some reluctance I can accept that. But leave the name and kit alone. Identity is key to a football club and its fans.

Monahoop,

When you say that "new stadiums seems to be vogue in football at present" I would go further and say that for many clubs, especially those with owners with any real long term Premier League aspirations (other than accepting relegation battles every season) then unless you already have 35k+ capacity a new stadium is a necessity.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024