Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen 20:56 - May 27 with 2313 viewsdavman

Now we have Danny Gabbidon, Peter Ramage, Tommy Smith, Matty Connolly, Heider Helguson (if he had not retired) in the Prem and NONE of Hughes' signings. That should tell you everything you need to know.

And to top this clusterfuk of a season a Rangers Legend gets that pileof red n blue poo to take our place. So P'd off right now...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 21:45 - May 27 with 2139 viewsstevenagehoop

Dav - none of them good enough for premiership though mate

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 21:53 - May 27 with 2094 viewsTGRRRSSS

Connolly and Smith possibly.
Ramage, Gabbidon etc no. Heidar was good enough he showed it last season, but is 35 and now retired so...
To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 22:15 - May 27 with 2026 viewsqprmick

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 21:45 - May 27 by stevenagehoop

I bet they are good for more than 4 wins. Even Dull CIty will get more than 4 wins.

Qprmick

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 22:48 - May 27 with 1947 viewsNorthernr

Well at least we can stop this "none of the players we sold ended up in the Premier League" stuff now. Whether it was true or not it was massively disrespectful to a number of very decent pros who did a whole lot more for QPR, and cared a lot more about what they were doing, than the current mob.
To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 23:37 - May 27 with 1861 viewsdanehoop

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 22:48 - May 27 by Northernr

Well at least we can stop this "none of the players we sold ended up in the Premier League" stuff now. Whether it was true or not it was massively disrespectful to a number of very decent pros who did a whole lot more for QPR, and cared a lot more about what they were doing, than the current mob.

The good news is that we can probably buy them all back for next season as they get released by their respective clubs.

Never knowingly understood

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 23:37 - May 27 with 1852 viewsHayesender

Plus Holloway and Delaney for good measure

Poll: Shamima Beghum

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 12:44 - May 28 with 1571 viewsdavman

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 21:45 - May 27 by stevenagehoop

Bob, that's my point - a few months back, Bowen decided to slag Warnock's team off by claiming that everyone Hughes got rid off was below Premiershit level, yet the ones they bought in have proven to be even worse.

Still think that, had Warnock had a proper summer to build when we first got up, we would be better off - Flabio has a lot to answer for as does Hughes.

Still, the 'bright side' is that now we're back out of Murdoch's Cash league, I'll be back at LR a few times next season!

Can we go out yet?

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 13:08 - May 28 with 1515 viewsstevenagehoop

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 12:44 - May 28 by davman

Bob, that's my point - a few months back, Bowen decided to slag Warnock's team off by claiming that everyone Hughes got rid off was below Premiershit level, yet the ones they bought in have proven to be even worse.

Still think that, had Warnock had a proper summer to build when we first got up, we would be better off - Flabio has a lot to answer for as does Hughes.

Still, the 'bright side' is that now we're back out of Murdoch's Cash league, I'll be back at LR a few times next season!

sorry obviously written in code - not one of those who believes our championship winning side didn't need change.
In my view they over achieved in that championship winning side and did need an overhaul - but where I agree with you is that the majority that they bought in for one reason or another weren't upto it either.
Still think the timing of the new owners coming in was a major factor although that was less of an excuse for this season.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Login to get fewer ads

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 14:01 - May 28 with 1438 viewsAntti_Heinola

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 22:48 - May 27 by Northernr

Well, it was a silly thing to say, but what he said was correct: it wasn't like other prem sides were interested in our players. Of course they were good enough for the Champ - they helped get us promoted. And most of them we were right to get rid of - Helguson was a massive mistake, for example. I'm not really sure Tommy Smith or Matt Connolly would have affected our season particularly though - although I'd rather have had them than most of the new signings!

Bare bones.

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 16:08 - May 28 with 1329 viewsdavman

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 13:08 - May 28 by stevenagehoop

sorry obviously written in code - not one of those who believes our championship winning side didn't need change.
In my view they over achieved in that championship winning side and did need an overhaul - but where I agree with you is that the majority that they bought in for one reason or another weren't upto it either.
Still think the timing of the new owners coming in was a major factor although that was less of an excuse for this season.

Agree with you on the Championship winning team - we looked great for those first 19 games, but it was Taraabt that was the difference that got us up in the end. Without him, I don't think we'd have made it up.
What I meant was that Warnock was not given the chance to properly improve that team and had to visit last minute.com when he was finally allowed to spend. In my opinion the team that started the first game of the Premier league last season was weaker than the one that won the Championship!
See you next season!

Can we go out yet?

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 17:01 - May 28 with 1257 viewsNeil_SI

I think it's dreadful that the club speak about its former players in such a manner, no matter who they are or what they've done. It's just not the way I want to see us conduct ourselves and isn't respectful. The club's image takes a battering with other players when it comes to things like this.

It's important to treat people with respect, especially if you want to be known as a great football club. The sad part about letting the players go that we did, wasn't whether it was right or wrong on paper, it simply sent out a much worse message that told all future players that no matter what they'd done or achieved, they'd simply be replaced at the first opportunity if the club felt it found something better.

There was no reward for the hard and honest work put in by some of those professional's, no regard for giving an opportunity or a chance for them to prove themselves at the highest level, something many of them would have dreamt of by winning promotion. Some of those players spent years here to help us and we ditched them at first sight. There was absolutely no loyalty shown.

In a flash, a lot of peoples hopes and dreams were ruined. That carried on in the summer, by what happened to Robert Green, so it spiralled well out of control and will have raised the alarm bells for any good professional who we might have wanted to sign in the future. The club did itself an awful lot of damage here and it's not easy to reverse that perception when we've still preached the same stupid message after relegation was confirmed.

It's not so much what the fans think, it's what good players and good professional's think. You don't want to be in a situation where you can only attract players for the wrong reasons; namely motivation by money or having to always pay over the odds to land someone.

I'm really pleased for all of those players who played for us who have now an opportunity to play in the Premier League next season. Well done, they deserve it, and I sincerely hope they get the opportunity to play.

It's how I feel about the likes of Shaun Derry and Clint Hill, I'm just thrilled for them as professional's that they got the chance to sample the Premier League at that late stage of their career when they probably thought it had passed them by. Fair play and they made the most of their opportunity and did themselves (and us) proud.
To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 17:59 - May 28 with 1158 viewsHook

Some very good points Neil.
Lots of people have fallen for the bs that comes from sky & the red tops about the prem being the best league in the world with 25 man squads of top quality players. When in fact they are full of run of the mill Africans, Europeans, Orientals and South Americans.
Not long ago teams were graced by the additions of class players like Bergkamp, Klinsman and Zola.
The list of former R's would have put in far better performances then the shower that we are left with now. As proved by the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Southampton and West Ham.
Lets hope a lesson has been taken and is acted on.
To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 18:21 - May 28 with 1125 viewsLowerloftLad

Last season there was all this talk with gorkess being in the prem who I never rated he ended up with wolves in league one. You won't see much of smith or Connelly next season. Gabbidon will pick up an injury and with olly already shouting they odds that the squad is nowhere near good enough we could sell them andy Johnson there going to panic buy by the sounds of things

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 18:56 - May 28 with 1085 viewstimcocking

To Tony F and especially Mark 'Twaffia' Bowen on 17:01 - May 28 by Neil_SI

I think it's dreadful that the club speak about its former players in such a manner, no matter who they are or what they've done. It's just not the way I want to see us conduct ourselves and isn't respectful. The club's image takes a battering with other players when it comes to things like this.

It's important to treat people with respect, especially if you want to be known as a great football club. The sad part about letting the players go that we did, wasn't whether it was right or wrong on paper, it simply sent out a much worse message that told all future players that no matter what they'd done or achieved, they'd simply be replaced at the first opportunity if the club felt it found something better.

There was no reward for the hard and honest work put in by some of those professional's, no regard for giving an opportunity or a chance for them to prove themselves at the highest level, something many of them would have dreamt of by winning promotion. Some of those players spent years here to help us and we ditched them at first sight. There was absolutely no loyalty shown.

In a flash, a lot of peoples hopes and dreams were ruined. That carried on in the summer, by what happened to Robert Green, so it spiralled well out of control and will have raised the alarm bells for any good professional who we might have wanted to sign in the future. The club did itself an awful lot of damage here and it's not easy to reverse that perception when we've still preached the same stupid message after relegation was confirmed.

It's not so much what the fans think, it's what good players and good professional's think. You don't want to be in a situation where you can only attract players for the wrong reasons; namely motivation by money or having to always pay over the odds to land someone.

I'm really pleased for all of those players who played for us who have now an opportunity to play in the Premier League next season. Well done, they deserve it, and I sincerely hope they get the opportunity to play.

It's how I feel about the likes of Shaun Derry and Clint Hill, I'm just thrilled for them as professional's that they got the chance to sample the Premier League at that late stage of their career when they probably thought it had passed them by. Fair play and they made the most of their opportunity and did themselves (and us) proud.

Neil, i'm sure everybody enjoys reading your posts.

I was just wondering, do you ever get angry and swear sometimes in real life? You seem far too level headed for us
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024