Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan players - best and worst 13:30 - Feb 3 with 6412 viewsheadhoops

All these new loan players got us talking about some of the best and worst we could recall.

Kyle Walker and Fredericho Macheda for example - polar opposites.
Andros Townsend and Mark Kennedy in the plus camp Gus Caesar in the worst ever category. Any particular favourites spring to mind?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Loan players - best and worst on 13:39 - Feb 3 with 5452 viewsdaveB

Lee Cook, Adel Taarabt, Wayne Routledge and Danny Shittu would be my top ones on top of Walker and Townsend.

Too many to mention for the crap ones but Callum Willock was stand out rubbish
Loan players - best and worst on 13:40 - Feb 3 with 5451 viewsloftboy

Gus Caesar is and will be the worst by a country mile. Macheda in recent times was shit as was Scott Sinclair
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 13:40]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Loan players - best and worst on 13:48 - Feb 3 with 5405 viewsrunningman75

Mark Kennedy was my favourite loan player as a youngster. Townsend most recent favourite showed a work ethic which other " better players" did not have.
Is Monday so do not want to put up anything negative about worst loan players though will enjoy reading others posts.
Loan players - best and worst on 13:52 - Feb 3 with 5400 viewsBasingstokeR

Almost every loan I can remember getting from Man Utd being disappointing.

Mancienne was alright on loan. Jimmy Smith and Jay Simpson had a successful initial loan periods.

Maybe Parejo on the bad list? Was Di Carmine a loan? And definitely - the "ABC Loan" was probably the worst Loan of all.
Loan players - best and worst on 14:00 - Feb 3 with 5390 viewsgordanoR

Bob Malcolm.
Loan players - best and worst on 14:05 - Feb 3 with 5380 viewssimmo

I remember Ephraim doing well on loan, especially given his age. Routledge was class for us in the promotion year. Walker was probbaly the most successful, he was the best player on the pitch practically every game he played.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Loan players - best and worst on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 5342 viewsNeil_SI

I was disappointed we were unable to make Mark Kennedy permanent, but that was probably wishful thinking at the time. Jerome Thomas was another good loan signing and they were both the kind of players, after a few hard years, that you remembered what it was like to have that extra bit of quality back in the squad.

Akos Buzsaky — albeit a bit of a cheat loan signing — has to be regarded as one of the best because of the impact he had in that period. In fact, after he became permanent, I don't think he reached the same heights again. He had a glorious spell under Luigi De Canio.

Kyle Walker was the other one, who after seeing five minutes of his debut against Ipswich, the first thing that came out of my mouth was "we need to sign this kid now".

I'm in the minority when it comes to Andros Townsend, he had a decent spell with us of course, but was neither here or there about him becoming a permanent addition to the squad, and think he's just one of those impact players who is going to have good and bad spells, and whose directness suits certain types of matches. So I wasn't overly fussed and still think he will be found out quite easily at top level.

And of course, plenty of other names mentioned here, that are worth a little nod to as well. Lee Camp definitely deserves a mention too.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2014 14:17]
Loan players - best and worst on 14:15 - Feb 3 with 5340 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Leon Best wasn't much cop.

I agree with the ones mentioned, Jah Bob's debut was one of the funniest things I've seen for ages.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Login to get fewer ads

Loan players - best and worst on 14:21 - Feb 3 with 5314 viewsMrSheen

Jerome Thomas and Darren Ward were very lively in some grim sides.

Robert Taylor was perhaps the worst striker I've ever seen for us, fat and useless. Paul Furlong was pretty ho-hum when he first came on loan, which may have created some of the intial hostility to him.
Loan players - best and worst on 14:28 - Feb 3 with 5299 viewsN12Hoop

Karl Walker and Wayne Routledge had a big part to play in our promotion. Wasn't Adel on loan that season as well?
Re the worst, didn't we have a couple of dreadful wolves players (keeper and left back) to throw into the mix?
Gus Caesar however will live in the memory forever. He was a player that gave everyone hope that they too could make it as a professional footballer.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Loan players - best and worst on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 5284 viewsClive_Anderson

Wasn't Brett Angel on loan? I can't believe even we'd have signed him on a permanent deal. We've had some absolute cack over the years.

I seem to remember Michel Beck being rubbish as well.

Jerome Thomas was ace in the year we finished outside the play-offs in the third tier.
Loan players - best and worst on 14:39 - Feb 3 with 5266 viewsWestminsteRs

Carl Leaburn was terrible.

Mark Kennedy was a shining star in a very dark period.
Loan players - best and worst on 14:49 - Feb 3 with 5242 viewssmegma

Mark Kennedy by a country mile with a mention of Kyle Walker.

Ditto Gus Caesar who just beats Bob Malcolm, the only thing Caesar won in hoops.
Loan players - best and worst on 15:20 - Feb 3 with 5201 viewsBasingstokeR

Leon Best got directly in the way of and blocked more goals for us than he had shots himself in that loan spell he had with us.
Loan players - best and worst on 15:34 - Feb 3 with 5187 viewshoops_legend

Marcus Bent is the answer to both

Worst - For his play on the pitch. He was awful

Best - He told Neil Warnock that we had too many loan signings in the match day squad and one had to be taken out. Bent was sacrificed and we won. If he hadn't done that we would have been docked points and this is the season we were close to going down.
Loan players - best and worst on 16:16 - Feb 3 with 5167 viewsgordanoR

Idiakez was pretty good & got us out of a hole if I remember rightly.
Loan players - best and worst on 16:24 - Feb 3 with 5147 viewspaulparker

Loan players - best and worst on 16:16 - Feb 3 by gordanoR

Best- Walker,Routledge, Shittu,kennedy,Darren Ward, rowan vine, Cranie,

Worst- Ceaser, Jason Jarrett, calum Willock,Rossi(gk) Malcolm, Robert Taylor, leon best, the wolves players signed at the last minute against Leeds(was that ollys last game ??)

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Loan players - best and worst on 16:24 - Feb 3 with 5147 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Loan players - best and worst on 16:16 - Feb 3 by gordanoR

I forgot about him.

Scored a blinding free-kick as I recall.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loan players - best and worst on 22:16 - Feb 3 with 5061 viewsVish

Can't remember if he was a loan but Aziz Ben Askari was excellent.

Ben Sahar one of the worst
Loan players - best and worst on 23:44 - Feb 3 with 5031 viewshamptonhillhoop

Paul Walsh in the days when loan deals only lasted two games. I'm sure he had a game against Chelsea in the early 90's
Loan players - best and worst on 04:39 - Feb 4 with 4983 viewsFredManRave

Most effective, Ishmael Miller with his last gasp winner against Leicester having come on as a sub.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Loan players - best and worst on 08:55 - Feb 4 with 4919 viewsCiderwithRsie

Hitchcock?
Loan players - best and worst on 09:08 - Feb 4 with 4906 viewsCiderwithRsie

In hindsight, I'm not sure whether Mark Kennedy would have been the answer to our prayers. But in a period when we just seemed to get worse and worse, my God he stood out.

By contrast, the worst ones for me aren't the likes of Caesar or Malcolm - just honest to God rubbish players - it's players like Sinclair or Parejo who have real talent but can't be arsed to use it when they are on loan.

Interesting piece in the Indie on Sunday contrasting Townsend's career, and how loans worked for him, and Adam Smith from the same Spurs youth team, whose career has bombed. But part of it I think is that with big clubs hoovering up all the young talent before they have shown they can cut it, players often still have to work their way up the leagues [same as Austin has in a more traditional way] but do it on loan. I think players like Townsend get that; as far as I can see Little Tom does too. Others go all big-time when they've not yet earned it. Who can blame them - they're still just kids really.
Loan players - best and worst on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 4897 viewsenfieldargh

Tamas Priskin.

He scored one goal at that was about it

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Loan players - best and worst on 10:58 - Feb 4 with 4881 viewsEalingRanger

Ben Sahar was properly pants.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024