Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Turning into the Scum 18:57 - Feb 22 with 2019 views08olesen

This isnt a rant about Harry in or out, but its slightly concerning that the majority of people on here do want shot of him.

Yes we have been poor, but we cant keeping sacking managers at the rate we are. Not least because we have to pay them all off, but also because it can be counter productive. The team needs continuity. Robbie Savage, who is great pundit IMO, said the only teams who can sack their manager at the rate we do, is chelsea. Simply becuase they have such quality in their side that anyone could do ok with them.

We need to stick with a manager and my worry is that if someone like Malky came in, there would be nothing to stop us sacking him after 4 games without a win. If someone uses the example that they want a long term plan instead of Harry, then why did we sack Hughes?

Finally i think it is a joke how anyone is putting the blame at TF door. If he didnt give money people would hound him and when he does give money, people blame him for shiit signings. He cant win.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Turning into the Scum on 19:05 - Feb 22 with 1978 viewsHenryQPR

Completely agree! No point in yet another manager coming in. Harry was the 'saviour' when he joined and he is still a good motivator/manager. My problem is the end of career journey men he has brought in!

Bottom line is Austin, Phillips and Faurlin were serious key injuries and unless the team spirit and tactics change we are looking at a play off place still. Still a few games to go and you only need a couple of wins while Burnley/Derby have a couple of losses
Turning into the Scum on 19:12 - Feb 22 with 1938 viewsMedwayR

I think he was the wrong appointment in the first place, a short term appointment designed to save us from relegation. No point sacking him now but if we don't go up I expect his to resign, and then we NEED to make the right appointment and rebuild properly. Sadly I'm not sure this will happen either...

Poll: Who’s better?

Turning into the Scum on 19:40 - Feb 22 with 1841 viewsDieByYourSide

The problem is that Redknapp is not 'the saviour', many of us didn't want him in the first place and most football fans can see that he's a very limited manager who's got a lot of mates in the press and has been ridiculously over-hyped. What has he actually achieved in his career, how much managerial prowess has he demonstrated during his time here?

Don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with your point that we need to stick with one manager, the problem is Redknapp is and was only ever going to be a short term fix, he's pushing 70 ffs. We sacked Mark Hughes because Redknapp was touting himself for the job (remember all that Ukraine b*llshit?) and the consensus was that if anyone could save us then he would - he didn't and he's not pulling up any trees now. His culture of loans, big spending, deflecting any blame from himself and generally being a self serving dodgy f*ck is what pisses fans off.

Therefore when there is a shocking defeat like today it's hard to say ''oh well, these things happen, it's only one game'' because he still has no idea what his best side is, there is no continuity or game-plan from week to week other than ponder around like d*ckheads in midfield and generally look like we don't have a clue what we're doing.

A bright, young manager who could realistically look to build a positive future for the club over a number of years is what this Club needs rather than one who was in it for the glory of keeping us up and is now in it for the money and clearly doesn't give a flying one.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Turning into the Scum on 19:52 - Feb 22 with 1799 viewsShotKneesHoop

We could do worse than get "My Lord" to be manager.

He has status, empathy with the fans, is relatively young and has something to prove.

He also doesn't see the merit of loanees.

End of season would be fine.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Turning into the Scum on 20:04 - Feb 22 with 1749 viewsDiscodroid

Turning into the Scum on 19:40 - Feb 22 by DieByYourSide

The problem is that Redknapp is not 'the saviour', many of us didn't want him in the first place and most football fans can see that he's a very limited manager who's got a lot of mates in the press and has been ridiculously over-hyped. What has he actually achieved in his career, how much managerial prowess has he demonstrated during his time here?

Don't think you'll find anyone who disagrees with your point that we need to stick with one manager, the problem is Redknapp is and was only ever going to be a short term fix, he's pushing 70 ffs. We sacked Mark Hughes because Redknapp was touting himself for the job (remember all that Ukraine b*llshit?) and the consensus was that if anyone could save us then he would - he didn't and he's not pulling up any trees now. His culture of loans, big spending, deflecting any blame from himself and generally being a self serving dodgy f*ck is what pisses fans off.

Therefore when there is a shocking defeat like today it's hard to say ''oh well, these things happen, it's only one game'' because he still has no idea what his best side is, there is no continuity or game-plan from week to week other than ponder around like d*ckheads in midfield and generally look like we don't have a clue what we're doing.

A bright, young manager who could realistically look to build a positive future for the club over a number of years is what this Club needs rather than one who was in it for the glory of keeping us up and is now in it for the money and clearly doesn't give a flying one.

great post mate...

if you would have put that up 3 weeks ago certain people would have called you a cnt. and got a minus 4567 arrows.

funny old game.

certain people on here now with their head bowed..

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Turning into the Scum on 20:16 - Feb 22 with 1699 viewsqprdan

We still have the chance to get into some form, I just cant see anything but lucky dip starting line-ups and repeated excuses til the end of the season if action isn't taken.
Redknapp didn't really have much of idea at the start of the season but he did have a good coach who prepared the team well, no we didn't set the league on fire but we were hard to beat and created chances, we do neither of these things now.

There are still 15 games to go, we can get back in the mix, I am not going to suggest any particular replacement but surely there is someone at the club or close to the club that can do a job and get this lot playing as a team rather than like strangers.
Turning into the Scum on 20:55 - Feb 22 with 1637 viewsqprewan

Turning into the Scum on 19:05 - Feb 22 by HenryQPR

Completely agree! No point in yet another manager coming in. Harry was the 'saviour' when he joined and he is still a good motivator/manager. My problem is the end of career journey men he has brought in!

Bottom line is Austin, Phillips and Faurlin were serious key injuries and unless the team spirit and tactics change we are looking at a play off place still. Still a few games to go and you only need a couple of wins while Burnley/Derby have a couple of losses

"Bottom line is that Austin, Philips and Faurlin were key injuries"- but HR still chose to leave the last 2 out of his teams!
Turning into the Scum on 21:54 - Feb 22 with 1561 viewsQPRDave

Turning into the Scum on 19:52 - Feb 22 by ShotKneesHoop

We could do worse than get "My Lord" to be manager.

He has status, empathy with the fans, is relatively young and has something to prove.

He also doesn't see the merit of loanees.

End of season would be fine.

He'd be hounded out and his memory tarnished.......hope he never comes near this club again...for his sake
Login to get fewer ads

Turning into the Scum on 22:02 - Feb 22 with 1541 viewsAntti_Heinola

As everyone on here probably knows if they've read my posts, I can't stand Redknapp. Never wanted him anywhere near the club. I don't trust him, I think his record is way overrated, I think his methods of managing are extremely questionable, and he royally f***ed over Mel Johnson at Spurs, who was a great QPR man and one of the nicest men in football. And a proper scout, unlike Redknapp's bagman we have at the moment. Mel, fortunately, got a decent settlement in the end, but only after taking legal proceedings. It was for reasons like that that Levy never trusted Redknapp and got rid when he could (Simon Jordan tells an interesting story on why exactly Redknapp got fired, but I won't go into it here as I'm unsure about the legalities (not that Redknapp was doing anything illegal. As far as I have heard).

But, with all that said, I would not sack him now. I would stick with him until the end of the season. He's made this bed, he has to lie in it and try and prove himself to get us out of it. If he does, fair play to him. If he doesn't, then we part amicably and start afresh in the summer. Much as I loathe the man, I'd rather he turned it round for the good of the club. At this stage, I'm not sure he can/will. But you never know - a couple of wins t get confidence back and who knows how we might end the season. But I wouldn't allow Redknapp to go now under any circumstances. He should be here to finish the job.

Bare bones.

Turning into the Scum on 22:04 - Feb 22 with 1534 viewsNorthernr

If I thought they'd actually take a bit of a breath, realise that the vast majority of the problems we have are not short term fixes, and appoint a manager along the lines of a Mackay, Poyet, Martinez type who can not only build a starting 11 but also moul the club in an image and ethos over a long period of time then I'd say sack Redknapp tomorrow.

But they wouldn't. They'd appoint the biggest name they could find, and open the cheque book again, and a load more new players would arrive. And therefore it would be pointless to sack Redknapp, like you say.
Turning into the Scum on 22:16 - Feb 22 with 1494 viewsAntti_Heinola

Turning into the Scum on 22:04 - Feb 22 by Northernr

If I thought they'd actually take a bit of a breath, realise that the vast majority of the problems we have are not short term fixes, and appoint a manager along the lines of a Mackay, Poyet, Martinez type who can not only build a starting 11 but also moul the club in an image and ethos over a long period of time then I'd say sack Redknapp tomorrow.

But they wouldn't. They'd appoint the biggest name they could find, and open the cheque book again, and a load more new players would arrive. And therefore it would be pointless to sack Redknapp, like you say.

I actually feel like they probably would try for Mackay, actually. But I see little reason to sack now. The season's not over. We could still come 2nd. We won't, but we could. I'd stick for now, twist in the summer. But the hunt should already be on for the replacement.

Bare bones.

Turning into the Scum on 00:21 - Feb 23 with 1389 viewsRangersAreBack

My advice to you when trying to construct a salient point is not to rely on the irrational ramblings of a certain Mr Robbie Savage. Devalues your argument in a heartbeat.
Turning into the Scum on 08:11 - Feb 23 with 1339 viewsRanger78

Turning into the Scum on 19:40 - Feb 22 by DieByYourSide

Agree completely,

I also agree with the original post to an extent, I don't actually want to keep sacking managers, I would love stability.

This is not about results and craving promotion for me. The point is, I no longer feel connected to my club...... how can I, we watch a different 11 every week, most of whom aren't even QPR players!

I want a manager who might actually care a little bit about QPR and show some empathy.

The thing for me is, I never wanted this charlatan in charge in the first place.... I'm still seething that he took zero responsibility and got away Scott free of any crtisicism for our relegation!!!

I've been very vocal about it since day 1, this is not case of jumping on the band wagon because we're not doing well.

I honestly would have preferred to start with no expectations, finish mid table with a young manager showing pride and building something for the future with hungry players that belong to our club.

I'll be so much happier when he's gone, no matter what division we are in.

Watching and listening to him makes me feel disconnected to the team I've supported all my life. I decided to stop wasting my money the night I watched his post match interview on tv after the Notts Forrest game..... this man honestly could not give a flying. It was the final straw for me.

I won't be spending any more money on QPR until he's gone.
Turning into the Scum on 08:55 - Feb 23 with 1296 viewswood_hoop

Turning into the Scum on 19:05 - Feb 22 by HenryQPR

How is he a good manager/motivator ? seen nothing that puts him any where near that assumption, or maybe yesterdays game was on to show aspiring managers just how inept some managers are, despite having a 'reputation'.

We are in a catch 22 situation, a manager that many have no faith in but still in a position where we could get promotion, that was his remit, and up to now he is still in the race, however tentivly.

Depends I suppose on how desperate you are for promotion,TF I think will leave him in place, HR could argue the point that he is still on course,and the monetary payoff at this point maybe something TF wants to avoid until our final position is better known, difficult because as poor as we are at this time a playoff place is still very much on the cards, difficult to see after the last few games but others still have to play catch up and our 'luck' may return for enough points to hang on in there.

IF we did make the playoff final now that would really throw the cat amongst the pidgeons, when is the time if on the cards to replace HR, does TF tell him no matter what his time is up ? what budget does he set for the following season ? much less time for a new manager to get things in place no matter what division your in.

Me, I would keep him in place, very difficult for a new man at this stage to improve things to guarentee an automatic promotion place, playoffs are the target and even with HR still in place that is still on the cards.

Going to be a painful few months but if we did fall out of the top six before hand and mathmatically not going into the playoffs then maybe HR would walk, unlikely but would solve part of the dilemma TF has to find an answer for.
Turning into the Scum on 09:29 - Feb 23 with 1242 viewstoboboly

If we did manage to make the playoffs, highly unlikely, then we would be torn apart by any team we were up against. Yesterday was terrible, most games this season have been terrible. We are lucky to be as high as we are.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Turning into the Scum on 12:53 - Feb 23 with 1142 viewsterryb

I was always against appointing 'arry as manager & felt that we should have started preparing for the future at that time.

However, I don't really see what we would achieve by sacking him now. The day after our last game will do nicely.

The thought of reaching deadline day for renewing ST's at discount prices & having HR still in position is dreadful. However, renewing at full price when he has been dismissed is not appealing either!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024