Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2043327 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:43 - Jul 27 with 1862 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:29 - Jul 26 by PunteR

Heard this tonight on Release.

Storming track - those 303 sounds still sound great to this day

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:05 - Jul 27 with 1857 viewsLblock

Watch out for all those handbags on the floor as you make your way to the bar...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:06 - Jul 27 with 1853 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:05 - Jul 27 by Lblock

Watch out for all those handbags on the floor as you make your way to the bar...

A handbagfest.

We know who will enjoy these!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:10 - Jul 27 with 1852 viewsOutWestR

The Spiller one shamelessly sampling an old Salsoul tune if you didn’t know...

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:13 - Jul 27 with 1848 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:10 - Jul 27 by OutWestR

I like a clever sample.

The most blatant, shameless and clever hast to be Ride on time. From this of course.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:38 - Jul 27 with 1847 viewsOutWestR

With this a close second?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:07 - Jul 27 with 1834 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:38 - Jul 27 by OutWestR

With this a close second?

For the number of times sampled probably first mate!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:40 - Jul 27 with 1828 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:10 - Jul 27 by OutWestR

Yep was aware on that.

As CCJ says I also do love trainspotting old samples used.

SalSoul were a great source for the producers.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:59 - Jul 27 with 1821 viewsPunteR

RIP Denise Johnson

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:14 - Jul 28 with 1802 viewsOutWestR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:59 - Jul 27 by PunteR

RIP Denise Johnson

Sad news. That was some voice she had.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:08 - Jul 28 with 1779 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:14 - Jul 28 by OutWestR

Sad news. That was some voice she had.

She sure did.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:46 - Jul 28 with 1773 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:08 - Jul 28 by PunteR

She sure did.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:04 - Jul 28 with 1769 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:46 - Jul 28 by BrixtonR

Wonderful cover of New Order. Beautiful voice. Got choked up listening to this.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:46 - Jul 28 with 1762 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:04 - Jul 28 by PunteR

Wonderful cover of New Order. Beautiful voice. Got choked up listening to this.

Yeah me too.
She was a wicked singer and a very nice lady, I met her through work once (through Primal Scream I think) and she was such a decent down to earth person. It was only from LFW I connected the dots.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:32 - Jul 28 with 1749 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:59 - Jul 27 by PunteR

RIP Denise Johnson

I just noticed the words "Assisted by Hugo Nicholson" on the record label.

I used to assist Hugo at a recording studio I worked at around 2006. Rollover Studios on Beethoven Street near Queens Park/Kensal Green. He used to come in to do mixes sometimes, very interesting guy. Apparently he was the unsung hero in the recording of Screamadelica, held it all together basically.

I remember one time a couple of people I didn't recognise came in and sat on the leather sofa at the back of the main studio. Hugo introduced me saying 'this is Nigel Godrich'.

About as glamourous as my life in the music industry ever got. Made a nice change from working with Peter Andre, Patsy from Eastenders and Alicia Douvall 😆
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 21:33]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:49 - Jul 28 with 1727 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:46 - Jul 28 by BrixtonR

Nice one mate.
Great cover of that classic
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:53 - Jul 28 with 1723 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 21:32 - Jul 28 by CliveWilsonSaid

I just noticed the words "Assisted by Hugo Nicholson" on the record label.

I used to assist Hugo at a recording studio I worked at around 2006. Rollover Studios on Beethoven Street near Queens Park/Kensal Green. He used to come in to do mixes sometimes, very interesting guy. Apparently he was the unsung hero in the recording of Screamadelica, held it all together basically.

I remember one time a couple of people I didn't recognise came in and sat on the leather sofa at the back of the main studio. Hugo introduced me saying 'this is Nigel Godrich'.

About as glamourous as my life in the music industry ever got. Made a nice change from working with Peter Andre, Patsy from Eastenders and Alicia Douvall 😆
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 21:33]

Screamadelica was/is a brilliant album. The fusion of rock dance takes some beating. From an era when anything was possible.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:21 - Jul 29 with 1711 viewsOutWestR

This looks worth a look. Cunningly it’s running until February next year, so hopefully time to get through the summer, then the next lockdown and out the other side and it’ll still be on.

https://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/electronic-from-kraftwerk-to-the-chemical-b

Is mentioning the Coronavirus a yellow card offence in the Frankie thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 06:53 - Jul 29 with 1699 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:21 - Jul 29 by OutWestR

This looks worth a look. Cunningly it’s running until February next year, so hopefully time to get through the summer, then the next lockdown and out the other side and it’ll still be on.

https://designmuseum.org/exhibitions/electronic-from-kraftwerk-to-the-chemical-b

Is mentioning the Coronavirus a yellow card offence in the Frankie thread

Yes, I was already planning to go to this before the yellow card offence kicked in.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:36 - Jul 29 with 1686 viewslondonscottish

Went for a drive the other day and this popped up on my slower playlist

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:38 - Jul 29 with 1685 viewslondonscottish

This one came up next

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:39 - Jul 29 with 1684 viewslondonscottish

Then it got a bit livelier

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:43 - Jul 29 with 1682 viewslondonscottish

Finished with some Full Phat Diva.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:57 - Jul 29 with 1673 viewspaulparker

Classic from 93

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:17 - Jul 29 with 1669 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 09:57 - Jul 29 by paulparker

Classic from 93

That is aN ABSOLUTE tune :-) Also my favourite mix nice one
I came up to that second time I got on it on in July 1996 Swans ;-) Already loved it from a compilation I had so was an unbelievable rush.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024