Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Ramsey 15:28 - Apr 24 with 7105 viewsHayesender

Top coach

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey on 16:21 - Apr 24 with 3825 viewscaptainmycaptian

Well, I would say that I am surprised, but I am not. It seems to be a reason why we were so bad back then. He was rated at the time, or jobs for the boys ?
Chris Ramsey on 16:33 - Apr 24 with 3717 viewsdaveB

Chris Ramsey on 16:21 - Apr 24 by captainmycaptian

Well, I would say that I am surprised, but I am not. It seems to be a reason why we were so bad back then. He was rated at the time, or jobs for the boys ?

several players have spoken very highly of him, thats pretty damming from Ned though
Chris Ramsey on 16:51 - Apr 24 with 3574 viewsrichpr

Onuoha has never really had anything nice to say about his 6 years at QPR despite probably earning a fortune. I never rated Ramsey but really don't like this bad mouthing. Shows a distinct lack of integrity.
Chris Ramsey on 16:52 - Apr 24 with 3567 viewsconnell10

Chris Ramsey on 16:33 - Apr 24 by daveB

several players have spoken very highly of him, thats pretty damming from Ned though

How do we know he is taking about Chris Ramsey?

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chris Ramsey on 16:55 - Apr 24 with 3532 viewsnix

Chris Ramsey on 16:52 - Apr 24 by connell10

How do we know he is taking about Chris Ramsey?

Because he talks about losing to Man City 6-0 and that was when he was our manager I think.
Chris Ramsey on 17:03 - Apr 24 with 3480 viewsHayesender

Chris Ramsey on 16:55 - Apr 24 by nix

Because he talks about losing to Man City 6-0 and that was when he was our manager I think.

He was, and he took the pish out of us by letting SWP have his round of applause from the citeh fans

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Chris Ramsey on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 3476 viewsHooping_Mad

Chris Ramsey on 16:33 - Apr 24 by daveB

Would be useful to know which ones?

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Chris Ramsey on 17:04 - Apr 24 with 3430 viewsstainrods_elbow

It's be nice if Ned occasionally balanced all his urbane criticisms of others with at least a token gesture toward self-criticism. His career at QPR was distinctly hit and miss, let's be honest. If he thinks he can do better as a coach, he should try, but he tends to give off the impression he feels he's a bit above it all.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Ramsey on 17:05 - Apr 24 with 3451 viewsSheffieldHoop

In today's episode of "Don't blame me! It Was Everyone Else's Fault"

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Chris Ramsey on 17:06 - Apr 24 with 3456 viewsslmrstid

Chris Ramsey on 17:04 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

It's be nice if Ned occasionally balanced all his urbane criticisms of others with at least a token gesture toward self-criticism. His career at QPR was distinctly hit and miss, let's be honest. If he thinks he can do better as a coach, he should try, but he tends to give off the impression he feels he's a bit above it all.

Yes I'd agree with this.

Maybe Ramsey did have Eastenders on his iPad before fixtures. Maybe that was also a moment he took a little bit of time to himself to prepare for what lay ahead, in exactly the same way players wander around pitches before games with their headphones on in their own little world - don't see them slating each other for that...
Chris Ramsey on 17:10 - Apr 24 with 3427 viewsNed_Kennedys

Not sure I’d give Ned a lot of credibility after he claimed QPR offered him a new contract where he would not be paid any money.
Chris Ramsey on 17:12 - Apr 24 with 3395 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Quelle surprise.
Chris Ramsey on 17:20 - Apr 24 with 3349 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chris Ramsey on 17:10 - Apr 24 by Ned_Kennedys

Not sure I’d give Ned a lot of credibility after he claimed QPR offered him a new contract where he would not be paid any money.

That's true though. The fabled 'pay as you play'.
Ned has said some good things about Ramsey too, and he is highly thought of as a youth coach (Eze has praised him), but that's clearly v different to coaching at Prem level.

Bare bones.

Chris Ramsey on 17:35 - Apr 24 with 3218 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

There are always two sides to every story, which is why things like this should be taken with a pinch of salt. There is always context as well, someone mentioned that Ramsey might watch Eastenders for 5 minutes before a game to clear his head or calm himself. Most players have pre match rituals. Maccas was a quick fag in the toilet.

Also if Ned wasn't saying this stuff, then what else does he say? I was a average player, err..... that's it, bye!
Chris Ramsey on 17:50 - Apr 24 with 3130 viewsHarbour

Think Ned might be off Chris Birthday card list
Chris Ramsey on 17:53 - Apr 24 with 3114 viewsLongsufferingR

To be fair there were some cracking storylines on EE at the time.
Chris Ramsey on 17:57 - Apr 24 with 3090 viewsStreathamRanger

I quite like Nedum as a pundit, he's a bit more intelligent than your average footballer. However he does seem to love dragging QPR through the mud more than any of his other previous clubs. Maybe it's just a reflection of how mad things were when he was here. He was a decent player but not much more than that.
Chris Ramsey on 17:59 - Apr 24 with 3065 views1JD

Chris Ramsey on 16:55 - Apr 24 by nix

Wasn’t Chris Ramsay our manager in the championship?

If so, how can he have managed a team against Man City?

Edit: just seen he took over in the prem, so ignore! Does sound like Ramsay being referenced.
[Post edited 24 Apr 18:02]
Chris Ramsey on 18:04 - Apr 24 with 3016 viewsed_83

Chris Ramsey on 17:04 - Apr 24 by stainrods_elbow

We might not agree on everything (anything) else, but I have you right on this one.

Players and managers opening up on podcasts can sometimes be a really good thing, particularly when it's bringing transparency to issues which don't get talked about enough - I thought Dele's interview with Gary Neville was really powerful, for instance, and Les' podcast with Simon Jordan was fascinating whatever your views on whether he was any good as a DoF.

But things like this, airing stuff from the dressing room which you'd previously have expected people to keep private, just feels like settling old scores without any risk of pushback. Cheap, self-interested and extremely unedifying for everyone involved.
[Post edited 24 Apr 18:05]
Chris Ramsey on 18:08 - Apr 24 with 2994 viewsThGrimRanger

Chris Ramsey on 17:59 - Apr 24 by 1JD

Wasn’t Chris Ramsay our manager in the championship?

If so, how can he have managed a team against Man City?

Edit: just seen he took over in the prem, so ignore! Does sound like Ramsay being referenced.
[Post edited 24 Apr 18:02]

he was half of the Chris and Les manager/DOF dream team once Redknapp was sacked in Feb 2015 when we were still in the premier league.

hard to believe that they were both still employed by QPR nearly 9 years on from that
[Post edited 24 Apr 18:08]

TheGrimRanger

Chris Ramsey on 18:55 - Apr 24 with 2753 viewsted_hendrix

Not quite sure what the appeal Is for these podcast thingys, I never ever watch them.
I'm also not quite sure why one player finds It necessary to to discuss one of his ex-colleagues in a criticising or mildly criticising way, the bloke being criticised doesn't have a right of reply does he?
All a bit weird for me, sign of the times I suppose.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Chris Ramsey on 19:01 - Apr 24 with 2704 viewsNed_Kennedys

Chris Ramsey on 17:20 - Apr 24 by Antti_Heinola

That's true though. The fabled 'pay as you play'.
Ned has said some good things about Ramsey too, and he is highly thought of as a youth coach (Eze has praised him), but that's clearly v different to coaching at Prem level.

I think he neglected to mention a pay as you play deal though, he framed it as he was offered nothing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45481218
Chris Ramsey on 19:21 - Apr 24 with 2591 viewsconnell10

I quite like Ned but this just doesn't sit right with me , just seems very petty and vindictive, also what's the actual point in coming out with it now? Weird.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Chris Ramsey on 19:23 - Apr 24 with 2567 viewsstevec

Didn’t Walford have a football team back then. Wonder if Ramsey was looking for inspiration.
Chris Ramsey on 20:21 - Apr 24 with 2338 viewsPunteR

Surely it was Crossroads he was watching?
#LBlock

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024