Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2016948 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 05:50 - Apr 4 with 8123 viewsFredManRave

Almost definitely not been on here before these five;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:42 - Apr 4 with 8112 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:28 - Apr 3 by PunteR

Glad you liked that one Lblock.
Avagoodun tomorrow mate ...you might need a bit of this..

Pure class
Said it a few pages back when Guerilla was the flavour of the day that Intoxication was in my opinion their best release

Always reminds me of Legends and funnily enough my brief stint in Australia.
I still have a C90 tape I got from a club where that tune, Helicopter and this little ditty feature prominently

Heavy stuff!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:49 - Apr 4 with 8108 viewsLblock

FredMan.....you certainly just put the Rave into it!

Some right old Raindance and Camden a Palace tracks there; nice one matey!!

Right I'm off to get ready for another great away day punctuated with some terrible football
It's a sort of UK / travelling R's leg of a stag do so if anyone sees me messy and emotional later.... Please can you "Put your loving arms around me"?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:46 - Apr 4 with 8089 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:28 - Apr 3 by PunteR

Glad you liked that one Lblock.
Avagoodun tomorrow mate ...you might need a bit of this..

Afternoon all, hopefully a win today.

I guess these have both been up but a couple of corkers in my book.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:05 - Apr 4 with 8076 viewsBrixtonR

Happy 1st Birthday Frankie Thread and massive respect to the man himself - RIP just over 1 year on. LBlock I reckon you've created a legendary thread mate.

Respect to to RangersW12, Croydon Captain Jack , LBlock and everyone else that have gone today. I just couldn't face it. Lets hope that for once those on the pitch repay your loyalty with a win.

Been some good tunes just put up by FMR, PunteR and everyone, enjoyed them last night - nice to see some new ones.
This is most definitely a Spackman but it's still in my top 5 of my favourite ever tunes. I reckon I played it once a week for the first 10 years from 1989 and at least once a month thereafter.......

Here's to another year

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:40 - Apr 4 with 8070 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:05 - Apr 4 by BrixtonR

Happy 1st Birthday Frankie Thread and massive respect to the man himself - RIP just over 1 year on. LBlock I reckon you've created a legendary thread mate.

Respect to to RangersW12, Croydon Captain Jack , LBlock and everyone else that have gone today. I just couldn't face it. Lets hope that for once those on the pitch repay your loyalty with a win.

Been some good tunes just put up by FMR, PunteR and everyone, enjoyed them last night - nice to see some new ones.
This is most definitely a Spackman but it's still in my top 5 of my favourite ever tunes. I reckon I played it once a week for the first 10 years from 1989 and at least once a month thereafter.......

Here's to another year

Agreed Brixton, I think Tears is the track that most people associate Frankie with.
Never get bored of hearing it as its so good, says it all for that era and of House music really.
I reckon I could also say it would easily be in my top 10 all times tunes.................... now thats saying something when you have listened to all sorts of music since the mid 1970's!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:05 - Apr 5 with 8040 viewsBrixtonR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 14:40 - Apr 4 by W13R

Agreed Brixton, I think Tears is the track that most people associate Frankie with.
Never get bored of hearing it as its so good, says it all for that era and of House music really.
I reckon I could also say it would easily be in my top 10 all times tunes.................... now thats saying something when you have listened to all sorts of music since the mid 1970's!

Nice one mate know what you mean about music since the mid 70's so much to choose.

Another Spackman remember dancing to this in Kavos 1990 but Fck it ...I'm off this now
http://heyevent.com/event/727285327369488/frantic-presents-joof-editions

cab here now lets ave it
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 22:00]
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:06 - Apr 5 with 8039 viewsW13R

Just heard this on Point Blank, can't believe if this has been missed?
Also mixed by the great man Frankie Knuckles himself.

Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:33 - Apr 6 with 7987 viewspaulparker

gutted to miss the aniversary of Frankie & the 1 year we have been adding tunes
well done everyone for keeping this going !!
going to put this up in honour of the big man
enjoy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:16 - Apr 7 with 7966 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:05 - Apr 5 by BrixtonR

Nice one mate know what you mean about music since the mid 70's so much to choose.

Another Spackman remember dancing to this in Kavos 1990 but Fck it ...I'm off this now
http://heyevent.com/event/727285327369488/frantic-presents-joof-editions

cab here now lets ave it
[Post edited 5 Apr 2015 22:00]

Brixton pure quality there mate, I haven't heard that track for a long long time so thanks for putting it up.
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:17 - Apr 7 with 7958 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 20:06 - Apr 5 by W13R

Just heard this on Point Blank, can't believe if this has been missed?
Also mixed by the great man Frankie Knuckles himself.

Oh Arnold Jarvis. Here is a beauty from him

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:32 - Apr 10 with 7925 viewsDiscodroids

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:58 - Apr 10 with 7909 viewsLblock

Not sure if this has been up as yet? I'd of thought it may have been.

Anyway my little message to Chelscum...

By the way if anyone's listening to Point Blank today they are firing on all cylinders!

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:32 - Apr 10 with 7899 viewsW13R

Afternoon all

Loved this when it used to be dropped and then rewound.......................... come down my selector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 16:38 - Apr 10 with 7879 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:32 - Apr 10 by W13R

Afternoon all

Loved this when it used to be dropped and then rewound.......................... come down my selector!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent tune W13R,just bought a copy on Discogs.

Another tune i just bought...Reachin..
And as the suns out defo worth a rewind.

If ever a tune reminds me of being 15 its this one.Always makes me smile.Now, where is my Rizla?..

[Post edited 10 Apr 2015 19:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:45 - Apr 10 with 7869 viewsLblock

Well into our rewinds now.....

That's the end of a tough day and week for me --- 3 weeks off now to get married!!
Been together 18 years -- why am I doing it? Ahhh I got me reasons. Anyway with that in mind......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:46 - Apr 10 with 7859 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 17:45 - Apr 10 by Lblock

That's the end of a tough day and week for me --- 3 weeks off now to get married!!
Been together 18 years -- why am I doing it? Ahhh I got me reasons. Anyway with that in mind......

So when is the wedding and more importantly what track will you be dropping and doing the first dance to?!

All the best with the wedding and Honey Moon, LB.

Sounds like you've found yours;

[Post edited 10 Apr 2015 19:31]

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:49 - Apr 10 with 7859 viewsFredManRave

Double post so I'll just take the opportunity to include one for the near future Mrs LB who after 18 years has obviously decided to;

[Post edited 10 Apr 2015 19:35]

I've got the Power.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:15 - Apr 10 with 7857 viewsW13R

LBlock, as long as you are doing it for the right reasons then who cares how long you have kept the poor Mrs LB waiting

This coming from the man who had two kids outside of wedlock to a church going biddy.
I'm defo working on the bbq down stairs when I snuff it!

Anyway heres one for you and the missus.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:24 - Apr 10 with 7851 viewsW13R

Nice n Ripe at its best.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:33 - Apr 11 with 7793 viewspaulparker

okey dokey . here we go back to when house/garage was at its peak , 1993

awesome uplifting Gospel

dug around the record box last night and found this, Sanchez at his best with awesome vocals and the great james preston on keyboard who done a lot with sanchez and MAW back in the day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:37 - Apr 12 with 7753 viewslondonscottish

Sunday morning. Time to worship some funky house;

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:57 - Apr 15 with 7723 viewsLblock

Forgive me for going early on this - I'm heading off for me wedding early this week.

Had to "Spackman" a few tracks that will feature -- a couple non-descript.

Enjoy the rest of your week people - I'm off to the countryside to become an honest man

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:57 - Apr 16 with 7709 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:57 - Apr 15 by Lblock

Forgive me for going early on this - I'm heading off for me wedding early this week.

Had to "Spackman" a few tracks that will feature -- a couple non-descript.

Enjoy the rest of your week people - I'm off to the countryside to become an honest man

All the best to you Lblock.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 01:17 - Apr 16 with 7701 viewsFredManRave

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:57 - Apr 16 by PunteR

All the best to you Lblock.

Agreed. All the very best, mate. I´m sure it'll all go swimmingly well.

And if your Best Mans any good he'll get this sorted;

Still waiting to find out what you'll be dropping for the first song?!

I've got the Power.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024