Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 12:31 - Apr 21 with 18802 views442Dale

Team: Lillis, Bennett, Rose, Lancashire, O'Connell, Lund, Hery, Allen, Vincenti, Henderson, Donnelly

Subs: Rafferty, Eastham, Kennedy, Cummins, McGinty, Bunney, Thomson

Some big changes there. Both full backs different and a start for Hery. It certainly freshens things up.

Subs bench interesting too, no Done and McGinty gets a place.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 12:35]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 15:05 - Apr 21 with 2376 viewsSandyman

Match thread on 14:58 - Apr 21 by olympicdale

I think keeping up to date on that game has aged me 10 years.

Same for many of us, but the players kept their nerve - well done them after Friday's 'mare
Match thread on 15:08 - Apr 21 with 2316 views442Dale

Match thread on 15:05 - Apr 21 by Sandyman

Same for many of us, but the players kept their nerve - well done them after Friday's 'mare

Biggest win of the season by a country mile.

Pressure was on Hill and the players and the manager was very brave making the changes he did. Fantastic decision though, freshening it up with players who haven't been involved in the recent tension out on the field (Bennett and Hery) looks to have been a masterstroke.

Match thread on 15:09 - Apr 21 with 2303 viewsD_Dale

Match thread on 14:59 - Apr 21 by isitme

Never mind them. Let's hope the pressure gets to Fleetwood and Burton who after today's games have Chesterfield and Southend left to play.

Saturday could be a promotion party.

Burton 1-0 down at Newport ...
Match thread on 15:10 - Apr 21 with 2277 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread on 15:09 - Apr 21 by D_Dale

Burton 1-0 down at Newport ...

see other thread...............

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match thread on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 2246 viewsArthurDaley

Get in there, 510 Daleys at Brizzle.

A large VAT Dave

Match thread on 15:13 - Apr 21 with 2241 viewsRotherhamDale

That was horrible.

Possession with progression.

Match thread on 15:16 - Apr 21 with 2189 viewsSandyman

Goodall sent off for Fleetwood!
Match thread on 15:17 - Apr 21 with 2180 viewswmgunit

Brave and composed performance. Bennett and Hery were both fantastic coming into the starting eleven. Great finish by Bunney. Huge win but a long way to go yet!
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 15:24 - Apr 21 with 2122 viewsfrenzied

Surely 4500+ Daleys on Sat ?
Match thread on 15:26 - Apr 21 with 2098 viewsArthurDaley

Match thread on 15:24 - Apr 21 by frenzied

Surely 4500+ Daleys on Sat ?

Jimmy Wagg on GMR was doing his best to whip up support for Saturday.

A large VAT Dave

Match thread on 15:27 - Apr 21 with 2080 views442Dale

Match thread on 15:26 - Apr 21 by ArthurDaley

Imagine the mateyfest.

Match thread on 15:30 - Apr 21 with 2034 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread on 15:26 - Apr 21 by ArthurDaley

Fair play to him for that. The more the merrier. Let's party......

Match thread on 16:00 - Apr 21 with 1903 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 15:08 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

Biggest win of the season by a country mile.

Pressure was on Hill and the players and the manager was very brave making the changes he did. Fantastic decision though, freshening it up with players who haven't been involved in the recent tension out on the field (Bennett and Hery) looks to have been a masterstroke.

I was thinking exactly the same, bringing in some new blood, adding a freshness to the side, fantastic to hear Hery had a great game, squad depth is so important, everyone has a role to play!

Is this game our Accy moment of the promotion season..

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 16:03 - Apr 21 with 1874 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Massive well done to all at Team Dale.

Really,really needed that result today. Proud.
Match thread on 16:26 - Apr 21 with 1786 viewsboromat

Hilly must've seen my line up one here ;-)

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread on 18:06 - Apr 21 with 1521 viewshxdale

Do Bristol usually get such a good crowd 8,000 whooo that is a good attendance for a relegation match.. did they cut their prices...?
Match thread on 18:08 - Apr 21 with 1509 viewsboromat

Match thread on 18:06 - Apr 21 by hxdale

Do Bristol usually get such a good crowd 8,000 whooo that is a good attendance for a relegation match.. did they cut their prices...?

£10 quid in for them I think.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match thread on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 1468 viewsSaxonDale

First half we seemed to do everything but score, their keeper was outstanding, Henderson hit the bar for the 3rd match in a row with a great effort and Bunney missed when a chance where it was easier to score.

At half time for the first time in the run in I started to have doubts over where we'll finish come the end of the season, it looked like all the FG's were against us and I was deciding whether I would rather we have Southend or Oxford in the Play Offs.

Luckily this Rochdale team is made from stronger stuff than I am and within a minute Bunney had got us back on level terms with a tidy finish and you could sense the relief amongst the team. After Lund's goal we dug in well and defended ugly when we needed to, Lillis made one fantastic save in stoppage time. The better team won today and that's a massive three points in the bag. Celebrations at the end were fantastic and shows the unity of the squad, I think two of the biggest celebrators were the Kennedy and Eastham, neither of whom even played.

Special mention to Hery- What a talent this player is, MOM by a mile, constantly taking the opposition on and a very clever footballing head to go with the talent. Don't think I've seen as skilful a middle player at this level for any team, really was a joy to watch. The strength of this squad is frightening. Today was a real test of this squad's character and they passed it with flying colours, however two more performances are needed, onwards to Cheltenham now.

Lillis-8
Rose-7
O'Connell-7
Lancashire-7
Bennett-8
Lund-7.5
Allen-7.5
Hery-9
Henderson-7.5
Bunney-8
Donnelly-7
[Post edited 21 Apr 2014 19:38]
Match thread on 18:28 - Apr 21 with 1415 viewsfitzochris

Match thread on 18:17 - Apr 21 by SaxonDale

First half we seemed to do everything but score, their keeper was outstanding, Henderson hit the bar for the 3rd match in a row with a great effort and Bunney missed when a chance where it was easier to score.

At half time for the first time in the run in I started to have doubts over where we'll finish come the end of the season, it looked like all the FG's were against us and I was deciding whether I would rather we have Southend or Oxford in the Play Offs.

Luckily this Rochdale team is made from stronger stuff than I am and within a minute Bunney had got us back on level terms with a tidy finish and you could sense the relief amongst the team. After Lund's goal we dug in well and defended ugly when we needed to, Lillis made one fantastic save in stoppage time. The better team won today and that's a massive three points in the bag. Celebrations at the end were fantastic and shows the unity of the squad, I think two of the biggest celebrators were the Kennedy and Eastham, neither of whom even played.

Special mention to Hery- What a talent this player is, MOM by a mile, constantly taking the opposition on and a very clever footballing head to go with the talent. Don't think I've seen as skilful a middle player at this level for any team, really was a joy to watch. The strength of this squad is frightening. Today was a real test of this squad's character and they passed it with flying colours, however two more performances are needed, onwards to Cheltenham now.

Lillis-8
Rose-7
O'Connell-7
Lancashire-7
Bennett-8
Lund-7.5
Allen-7.5
Hery-9
Henderson-7.5
Bunney-8
Donnelly-7

I have been impressed with Hery prior to today. Wonder why he doesn't play more. Certainly think we'll see more of him next season.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Match thread on 18:32 - Apr 21 with 1392 viewsD_Dale

Lillis-8
Rose-7
O'Connell-7
Lancashire-7
Bennett-8
Lund-7.5
Allen-7.5
Hery-9
Henderson-7.5
Bunney-8
Donnelly-7

Good report, thanks.

Same starting eleven next Saturday?
Match thread on 18:39 - Apr 21 with 1361 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Hery was superb from start to finish. Breath of fresh air to the team.

Nice to see a bit of grit in our performance today, some big tackles going in. If we'd done that against Mansfield we wouldn't have been brushed aside so easily.
Match thread on 19:23 - Apr 21 with 1221 viewsTVOS1907

Match thread on 13:33 - Apr 21 by SuddenLad

Those at the ground are saying it didn't cross the line and was cleared. When your luck's out....

It was well over the line, SL. We were right in line with it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match thread on 19:31 - Apr 21 with 1192 viewszxcvbnm

Agree I was almost level with the touch line - clearly over and no dale players complained to the ref either

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Match thread on 19:34 - Apr 21 with 1180 viewsTalkingSutty

Lillis-8
Rose-7
O'Connell-7
Lancashire-7
Bennett-8
Lund-7.5
Allen-7.5
Hery-9
Henderson-7.5
Bunney-8
Donnelly-7

Couldn't get there today so thanks for the report. Chuffed to bits for Bunney, I always thought he had a big goal in him and I reckon he has another one left yet.

Top marks to Hilly for ringing the changes in such a important match, no matter what happens on Saturday we now have the blueprint for our last game of the season at Newport. Putting Raff on the bench and playing Rose and Hery were all big calls. It sounds as though Lillis pulled out a top drawer save in the last minute so he also needs a pat on the back alongside all those fans who travelled down to Bristol today.
Match thread on 19:40 - Apr 21 with 1151 viewsSuddenLad

Match thread on 19:23 - Apr 21 by TVOS1907

It was well over the line, SL. We were right in line with it.

Fair enough and it stood anyway. Twitter feed and Dale player weren't convinced.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024