Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! 20:30 - May 13 with 5520 viewsstansleftfoot

We may or may not owe a debt to this Man, I suspect our natural manners were spoilt by Wright,Ecclestone, Briatore, Hughes, Kia, Riggs et al!
For me Harry is a last remaining figment of the amateur in a professional financial game.
Last night was a result that QPR deserved, we've worked against all sorts of problems, let's leave Harry to get on with it, a little grace, to an old man, in pain and doing his best.....Harry and his players need some grace, they have done well! Lets join in and drive it over the line! Queens Park Rangers!

By way of Oliver Holt : Mirror,
Harry Redknapp was not at a car plant outside Luton on Monday, talking about the England squad he was taking to Brazil.
There was a time when many thought that would be the way that one of our game’s best-loved characters would crown his career.
But events took a different turn.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/oliver-holt-column-harry-redknapp-35

HARRY REDKNAPS'S QPR AT WEMBLEY......we can win this!

Edited by admin - please do not post full story from newspapers, other sites. First few pars and then a link to the full story please.

This post has been edited by an administrator
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 20:36 - May 13 with 5486 viewssimmo

'There is the ability that helps him build teams that play the kind of attacking, fluid football spectators love to watch'

One of the main reasons I was so pleased to have him come in the first place. Last night was one of the first times I've seen it.....

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 20:48 - May 13 with 5431 viewsbosh67

No doubt we can win at Wembley. It's in our hands again now.

Harry got most things right last night once he swapped Hoilett and Nico over and Bobby did him a huge favour.

I like the guy and in general I think the fans have treated him well, as have the players and it is obvious the owners have been great to him.

Last night he saw the potential of what can happen if you get a QPR team to actually go after another team and have a real go. A proper go, as he calls it. That's what we are good at.

We can't afford to be cagey at Wembley, we just have to go and score goals.

Harry may or may not stay. I think it took a huge amount out of him not getting the England job. More than any of us can perhaps imagine. It seemed to take the spark out of him.

I also think his knees are a lot more shot than he makes out and that he is struggling. He always looks exhausted these days so I think he is suffering physically. No doubt Harry has a lot to offer football but I do get the feeling that if we go up in a few weeks that it may well be that he calls it a day. If we don't and he can go upstairs as it were, perhaps he will stay as the fabled director of football at the club, overseeing the academy as well.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 21:13 - May 13 with 5369 viewsYorkRanger

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 20:48 - May 13 by bosh67

Harry got most things right last night once he swapped Hoilett and Nico over and Bobby did him a huge favour.

I like the guy and in general I think the fans have treated him well, as have the players and it is obvious the owners have been great to him.

Last night he saw the potential of what can happen if you get a QPR team to actually go after another team and have a real go. A proper go, as he calls it. That's what we are good at.

Harry may or may not stay. I think it took a huge amount out of him not getting the England job. More than any of us can perhaps imagine. It seemed to take the spark out of him.

I also think his knees are a lot more shot than he makes out and that he is struggling. He always looks exhausted these days so I think he is suffering physically. No doubt Harry has a lot to offer football but I do get the feeling that if we go up in a few weeks that it may well be that he calls it a day. If we don't and he can go upstairs as it were, perhaps he will stay as the fabled director of football at the club, overseeing the academy as well.

Against all the odds the dream remains alive. For all of the critcism and doubt he deserves credit for that.
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 21:14 - May 13 with 5349 viewsShotKneesHoop

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 20:48 - May 13 by bosh67

No way are 'Arry's knees as shot as mine are.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 21:48 - May 13 with 5256 viewslave16

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 21:14 - May 13 by ShotKneesHoop

No way are 'Arry's knees as shot as mine are.

Still think harry has done well... 1 game to go...

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:07 - May 13 with 5182 viewsqprmick

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 21:48 - May 13 by lave16

Still think harry has done well... 1 game to go...

Where he has failed is in not getting a striker or too in. Most of us knew that if anything happened to Charlie we were not going up automatically.Every team above us scored more goals and lack of goals cost us.

Qprmick

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:22 - May 13 with 5142 viewsAntti_Heinola

Must. Not. Bite. Must. Not. Bite.

Fully behind Harry and the lads.

But.

Oh God I can't hold it in - that article is sycophantic toss of the worst kind.

And breathe.

Plus 'against all odds the dream is still alive'.

Really?

For the record, I may spit my bile on here, but am ALWAYS fully behind the club at games (even if I will never shout 'harry redknapp's blue and white army' as my own bit of personal worthless protest) and I hope he can take us up.

Bare bones.

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:38 - May 13 with 5109 views08olesen

This is very cynical of me, but i think if we went up without Harry it could be short stay. We still have some big characters and some moody players like the likes of Kranjcar (even though he is on loan).

He seemed to unite the whole team last night and i fear that if we bring in the likes of Sherwood or another young manager we may lose the tight dressing room which it appeared we had last night because they simply wont respect the bloke (see Spuds)

The only way a transition into another younger manager will work is if we have a real group of leaders ie Dunne, Hill, Barton and Onohua( God i cant farking spell his name) and then get in young players who are willing to listen and dont have that arrogant side which you see in the likes of Morrison and Tarbs.

I just think this managerial decision will decide where QPR is for the next 5 years and if it is going to occur, it needs to be someone who is stern and commands respect off the players (not a Chris Hughton, OGS, Lambert, Pardew type) and they need to be able to trust the older players to run the dressing room to avoid a Hughes scenario where nobody gave a toss

Poll: Who will the other play off

Login to get fewer ads

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 00:13 - May 14 with 5011 viewsDylanP

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:22 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

But.

And breathe.

Really?

For the record, I may spit my bile on here, but am ALWAYS fully behind the club at games (even if I will never shout 'harry redknapp's blue and white army' as my own bit of personal worthless protest) and I hope he can take us up.

So what if its sychophantic? It about QPR. Its positive in nature. And its about QPR. What's not to like?

I fkin love that. I love reading stuff about QPR, especially if it is positive. THAT IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A FAN!!!! After all the negative sht that has been written about us over the years. After all the times we have been ignored or had to suffer the indignity of a match report that barely mentions the name QPR. This is great. Just read it and enjoy. That is alright. Yes, you have an opinion. We all know what that is. But right now, opinions are irrelevant. We are in a final at Wembley. Its time to enjoy being a fan again At least for the next 10 days. The time before the big game at Wembley is just magic -- just joy. Its time to love everyone in blue and white hoops, even those ones who are in black and red hoops!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 10:22 - May 16 with 4757 viewsmorgantwin

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 00:13 - May 14 by DylanP

So what if its sychophantic? It about QPR. Its positive in nature. And its about QPR. What's not to like?

I fkin love that. I love reading stuff about QPR, especially if it is positive. THAT IS WHAT IT IS TO BE A FAN!!!! After all the negative sht that has been written about us over the years. After all the times we have been ignored or had to suffer the indignity of a match report that barely mentions the name QPR. This is great. Just read it and enjoy. That is alright. Yes, you have an opinion. We all know what that is. But right now, opinions are irrelevant. We are in a final at Wembley. Its time to enjoy being a fan again At least for the next 10 days. The time before the big game at Wembley is just magic -- just joy. Its time to love everyone in blue and white hoops, even those ones who are in black and red hoops!

well it would be easy for me to join the i hate redknap brigade but when i started lets get redknap into our club on another message board
he wasnt even out our club,so i must stay loyal to him,because now i love him even more
ill always love harry
but if we dont go up i expect another club to snap him up,and ill miss him he and ollie are great charactors
and life is somehow enriched by charactors,
LIFE IS SO VERY SHORT IT SEEMS ONLY YESTERDAY THAT THE BRENTFORD FANS USED TO LAUGH AND JEER AT OUR LITTLE FOOTBALL GROUND,AND SAY THAT OUR FANS ARE ALL IRISH
but now our little joke team have got there fifth wembley appearence in my lifetime
but im tipping brentford with there indian financial backing to have a great half century
they may even surpass us and get into the prem
of course ill be dead and burried by the time all that takes place,but every dog has his day and its there fans to now get a taste of success
BUT BOY OH BOY ARE THEY GOING TO GIVE US SOME ABUSE

Poll: in last fifty years what was greatest ever atmosphere

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 10:30 - May 16 with 4745 viewsadhoc_qpr

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:22 - May 13 by Antti_Heinola

But.

And breathe.

Really?

Agree with this (biting back sarky comments about him being the 26th best paid manager in Europe and comparisons with Pulis and Poyet...).

One game to go, in our hands, still buzzing from Monday - come on you r's!
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 10:31 - May 16 with 4741 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 00:13 - May 14 by DylanP

it's not positive about QPR, it's positive about Redknapp. And it's full of nonsense.
I am enjoying being a fan, believe me, Dylan. I love this club to the extent that my dislike of Redknapp did not stop me from actually shedding a tear just after Charlie scored the winner on Monday.

So stop lecturing me and saying my opinion is irrelevant. It's a sh!t article by a bloody terrible journalist and succeeds only in perpetuating the ridiculous myth that surrounds this bang-average manager who's bored us to tears this season despite the riches he's been blessed with and moped his way through the season with barely a smile.

See what F365 said about it. It's spot on.

Houdini's Great Escape
'After the knocks, slights and sneers, gritty Harry deserves a last hurrah,' claims the headline on Oliver Holt's Daily Mirror column. Mediawatch isn't sure why Redknapp deserves his last hurrah more than Steve McClaren deserves a second shot in the Premier League with Derby, but hopefully we're about to find out.

'Harry Redknapp was not at a car plant outside Luton on Monday, talking about the England squad he was taking to Brazil,' Holt begins.

'There was a time when many thought that would be the way that one of our game's best-loved characters would crown his career. But events took a different turn.'

'Best-loved characters'? Oh dear, thanks for speaking for all of us (wrongly). As for those events 'taking a different turn', what actually happened is that the Football Association chose a different option whilst Redknapp was sacked by Spurs. He then took QPR down.

'There is a ruthlessness about Redknapp, certainly, that has helped him to survive at the top all these years. There is the ability that helps him build teams that play the kind of attacking, fluid football spectators love to watch.'

Anyone that describes QPR's side as 'attacking' and 'fluid' can't have watched much of their football this season. They scored fewer goals than all but one side in the top half of the Championship after spending considerably more money than any other club.

As for 'the top', not quite sure what the Trade Descriptions Act would say about such a term being labelled to all of Bournemouth, West Ham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Spurs and QPR. The FA Cup does remain his only major trophy as a manager.

'He is 67 now and the last few years, with a heart operation and a high profile court case, have not been easy. He walks with a limp, a legacy of a knee operation last summer that was not a great success. And the automatic promotion to the Premier League that so many predicted so confidently for his QPR team this season eluded him.

'Sometimes, he sounds weary in his press conferences. Sometimes, he gives the impression that he has had enough.'

Nope, sorry. No matter how hard we try we can't feel any sympathy. Good effort though, Ollie.

Bare bones.

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 10:38 - May 16 with 4729 viewskensalriser

'Against all the odds' is literally wrong, weren't we favourites to go up?

And even figuratively, we had a big budget, a high profile manager, substantial funds that allowed us to buy two of the best players in the division and pay others far in excess of what our rivals could. On the negative side our two best players didn't want to play in the Championship and we had injuries to key players. All things considered, we should have gone up. But things don't always work that way. Wasn't it Wolves who failed year after year despite substantial investment?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 10:48 - May 16 with 4715 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Holt is a long-time ally of Redknapp's and is believed by some to be a ghost writer for Redknapp.

This article is nonsense :- "David Bernstein was the FA chairman when the job came up in February 2012 and Redknapp was simply not his kind of guy." Nothing to do with the court case or accusations, then? Suitability? Or ability? Or track record? Or tactics? No, Holt can definitively tell us as a fact that The FA overlooked Redknapp on a whim and on personality.

Give Antti a break, lads. We're all Rangers here, and he's as excited as anyone about Wembley. That doesn't mean he has to swallow Holt's fantastical Hail To The Chief nonsense.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 11:03 - May 16 with 4688 viewssimmo

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 22:38 - May 13 by 08olesen

This is very cynical of me, but i think if we went up without Harry it could be short stay. We still have some big characters and some moody players like the likes of Kranjcar (even though he is on loan).

He seemed to unite the whole team last night and i fear that if we bring in the likes of Sherwood or another young manager we may lose the tight dressing room which it appeared we had last night because they simply wont respect the bloke (see Spuds)

The only way a transition into another younger manager will work is if we have a real group of leaders ie Dunne, Hill, Barton and Onohua( God i cant farking spell his name) and then get in young players who are willing to listen and dont have that arrogant side which you see in the likes of Morrison and Tarbs.

I just think this managerial decision will decide where QPR is for the next 5 years and if it is going to occur, it needs to be someone who is stern and commands respect off the players (not a Chris Hughton, OGS, Lambert, Pardew type) and they need to be able to trust the older players to run the dressing room to avoid a Hughes scenario where nobody gave a toss

When have you seen this 'arrogant side' of Morrison? Why is Kranjcar (a Redknapp signing) a 'moody player'?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 11:21 - May 16 with 4656 viewsJamie

Ollie Holt, the indoor hairband wearing journalist:

Nuff said.
[Post edited 16 May 2014 11:22]
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 12:04 - May 16 with 4574 viewsstansleftfoot

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 11:21 - May 16 by Jamie

Ollie Holt, the indoor hairband wearing journalist:

Nuff said.
[Post edited 16 May 2014 11:22]

Ha, Ha, I was hoping just to put a positive twist to our approach to Harry Redknapp, football managers relationships with Football Clubs are short and brief so this is no more than a swift hand job.
I don't know why Harry Redknapp and his team have failed to improve any players or the way the side plays.
His view might be that the length of the season requires special measures to reduce risk so as to ensure the promotion that he needs.
Anyway, I can't change what Harry, Bond, Jordan, Downes have done with this squad of players, or how they behave to us the fan's but I can forgive him all that if at least QPR turn up and play with some self-respect and a little pride, or perhaps some thanks that many of them have been given this opportunity.
Many lessons learnt throughout this season, by management, owners, some fans....finally it should be the players who finally turn up and show some respect.
As for that Journo's hair....:)
QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 12:38 - May 16 with 4502 viewsQPunkR

Exactly as others have said about that shitty excuse for an 'article', it's not positive about QPR, it's absurdly, high-on-drugs positive about Arry, Fleet Street's favourite.
That fella's as good a reporter as Bob Malcolm was a footballer

QPR - "shit but local"

QPR's Harry Redknapp, take him home! on 13:25 - May 16 with 4429 viewsspencer

It would have been nice to get automatic promotion. I remember when we got promoted as champions in 2011...bit of an anti climax( with the Ali problems)...was at home.
Looking forward to day out at Wembley...going to enjoy it. Going to get a little drunk after once we have won. So, although I blame Harry for not replacing Austin and getting in 3-4 donkey strikers in January...and other errors that as I fan, I think he has made.....this is where we are....and in a strange way...that's down to Harry. So..lets hope it all ends in cheers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024