Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One memory please 13:44 - May 26 with 8008 viewsPinnerPaul

OK now we've come down from cloud 9, albeit just to cloud 8 for most, I would like us all to post one memory of the day , it can be anytime from 9.00am to whenever, I know we all have many many great memories but try and pick just the one if you can

For me

Me and my son got back to our car in the green car park, just under Wembley way.

For 15 minutes we watched wave after wave after wave of fans ALL singing Ohh Bobby Zamora all under the badge and "You are Premier League" on the big screen above - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day

Over to you......

One memory please on 13:48 - May 26 with 5174 viewseasthertsr

CAN YOU BE LIEVE IT! NO ! UNBELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 26 May 2014 13:50]
One memory please on 13:53 - May 26 with 5144 viewsconnell10

the split second bz goal hit the net, everything seem to slow down, colour, sound, light to the one point..........................THEN TOTAL , TOTAL, TOTAL JOY, HUGGING, SCREAMING , PERFECT MOMENT AS ONE!!!!! WE ARE Q.P.R!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

One memory please on 13:59 - May 26 with 5110 viewsCHUBBS

Yeah its not original but it can only be the goal.
As good as the rest of the day was,that sheer moment of joy can never be replicated.
Time did actually stand still as we were all hoping for extra time and just couldn't believe what we'd just witnessed.
One memory please on 14:00 - May 26 with 5107 viewsoldmeadoniansR

After the goal where I attempted the world record for hugging strangers I looked to my left and saw a bloke about my age standing with his daughter. The look on his face was priceless. Incomprehension, joy and disbelief, you could instantly tell he was a long term sufferer of the r'ssss bug. I sought him out gave him a massive hug, to add to my tally, and watched as a smile spread from ear to ear. Great moments in time that none of us will ever forget.
One memory please on 14:06 - May 26 with 5069 viewscarrotcrunch_R

the goal the celebrations the flags
One memory please on 14:07 - May 26 with 5060 viewsTheBlob

They also serve who only sit and watch tv.
The goal - went out and tried to hug the nearest sheep.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

One memory please on 14:13 - May 26 with 5035 viewsBerkoRanger

One memory please on 13:53 - May 26 by connell10

the split second bz goal hit the net, everything seem to slow down, colour, sound, light to the one point..........................THEN TOTAL , TOTAL, TOTAL JOY, HUGGING, SCREAMING , PERFECT MOMENT AS ONE!!!!! WE ARE Q.P.R!

I was sat 9 rows back from the corner flag and there was that split second when the ball left Bobby's boot - was it going to hit the net or go past the post?.....Then utter utter utter pandemonium with legs, arms, bodies, flags everywhere. In 42 years of supporting the R's, I have never experienced anything like it (and I'm getting emotional typing this!!)
Truly U N B E L I E V A B L E.....
One memory please on 14:14 - May 26 with 5029 viewsqueensparker

I was on my tod in a bar in Boston - literally, at kick off, it was me and the barman.

By the 90th minute a local bloke called Jimmy had turned up in a Rangers top. Plenty of people had started wandering in for breakfast / to get seats for the Champ League final by then as well.

I reacted with decorum to the winner - knocked over a table, pogo ed across the bar and rugby tackled Jimmy. The barstaff were bringing me beers and Jimmy went home to get a bottle of champagne out of his fridge.

What a morning. Here's to you Jimmy!
Login to get fewer ads

One memory please on 14:23 - May 26 with 5000 viewssaxbend

Before the game, inside the ground I made peace with another R whom I won't name in case he'd prefer that I don't. We'd had quite a heated disagreement at Doncaster last Autumn which had perplexed and bothered me for a while. I got into the habit of staying out of his way, but as he and I have a few mutual friends I come across him every so often and he was there with them at Wembley. He approached me, shook my hand, offered an olive branch and then we were both able to go and enjoy the game feeling all the better for it.
One memory please on 14:23 - May 26 with 4998 viewspaulparker

so many memories of a great day
obviously the goal & the mayem after, the train journey up the met line etc
but walking up wembley way seeing all rangers, i had to take a step to the side and just watch, standing there for about 5 minutes when 2 people i hadnt seen since that game in 86 came bowling up to me and we just hugged, us soppy old timers must have looked a bunch of old queens as we were all tearful & just kept on hugging
just knew it was meant to be after that

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

One memory please on 14:36 - May 26 with 4957 viewsenfieldargh

cant do one but they are linked

The goal and the ocean of blue & white flags

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

One memory please on 15:31 - May 26 with 4867 viewsSouthBrentR

That split second when I realised the ball was going in (I could see the line of the ball from Block 510 as it left Zamora's foot). The sound I emitted didn't even sound like me, it was more a guttural scream than a roar, I have never known bedlam like it. I had my wife with me, she looked for me and I was already hugging the guys to my right, in front and behind. The rest of the game was a complete blur, looking back, I hadn't even realised their keeper had gone up for the corner....
One memory please on 15:35 - May 26 with 4854 viewsthemodfather

the sea of qpr colours....and the win of course!
One memory please on 15:41 - May 26 with 4835 viewslongbottom

Walking down Wembley way after the game one young R fan embraced every copper he passed. The plods took in good spirit to be fair although I suspect one or two of the older ones would have given him a right 'ander if there was no one about. Bloody hilarious though.
One memory please on 15:48 - May 26 with 4804 viewsQPR1882

walking in and seeing 40,000 flags.
One memory please on 15:58 - May 26 with 4767 viewsstansleftfoot

One memory please on 14:07 - May 26 by TheBlob

They also serve who only sit and watch tv.
The goal - went out and tried to hug the nearest sheep.

No sheep round my way, so no hugs, but a strange feeling of calm!
I just laughed, the irony and the nature of QPR doing their way for the 46 years i've followed them.
If there's a difficult way we'll find it.....great tackle, three or four mistakes, a poor ball across from a player who has driven me potty for 9 months, another mistake and then a glorious instant shot, perfectly and i mean, perfectly placed shot from a previously almost career endingly damaged Bobby Zamora.
For me, I think my memory is the precision with which Barton takes man, ball, our future into his hands and makes a cracking tackle to start us up the pitch for the first time in 35 minutes....so much was summed up by that moment from the last three-five years....now's our chance! and we took it!
One memory please on 16:13 - May 26 with 4739 viewsngbqpr

All of the above...and on a more personal note, my mate Julian who's been going with me for 35 years realising at 2.15 when just at the turnstiles that he'd left his family's tickets in the pub in Harrow...a sprint, a tube ride, a kindly barman waiting for him at the other end, another tube ride, another sprint, and they took their seats just as the whistle blew

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

One memory please on 16:16 - May 26 with 4726 viewsHollowayRanger

id post a photo as its animage of the moment

mine was after zamora scored they had one last attack and one of them tries an overhead kick from the penalty spot if he had connected very good chance of a goal but joey was brave and stuck his head in there by right ref should have given us a freekick instead gave them thier final corner

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/493576331-joey-barton-of-queens-park-rangers-an

sorry its a getty image but what a pic

[Post edited 26 May 2014 16:19]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

One memory please on 16:23 - May 26 with 4703 viewsQPR_John

Never experienced anything like it such a strange set of emotions. Completely calm when we went down to 10 men waiting for the inevitable and up to 89:46 and then complete mayhem cannot remember ever going through two such opposite emotions in a split second.
One memory please on 16:31 - May 26 with 4679 viewsRs_Holy

The celebrations at the end were epic... Tony Fernandes on Joeys shoulders was hilarious... Singing along to all the songs I've heard other fans singing to over the years .... Incredible.
One memory please on 16:39 - May 26 with 4653 viewsWatford_Ranger

Jumping on my dad as the ball hit the net. We've seen hundreds of games together but it's never been quite like that.
One memory please on 17:37 - May 26 with 4576 viewsRedbourneR

Expecting p*ssing rain and a grim defeat.

Getting the complete opposite.
One memory please on 17:49 - May 26 with 4549 viewsRickyDicky

Loads of fantastic memories, but one amusing one.

When BZ came on, a couple of lads in front of me were waving blow up Zimmer Frames !!!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

One memory please on 17:50 - May 26 with 4542 viewsHunterhoop

One memory please on 14:13 - May 26 by BerkoRanger

I was sat 9 rows back from the corner flag and there was that split second when the ball left Bobby's boot - was it going to hit the net or go past the post?.....Then utter utter utter pandemonium with legs, arms, bodies, flags everywhere. In 42 years of supporting the R's, I have never experienced anything like it (and I'm getting emotional typing this!!)
Truly U N B E L I E V A B L E.....

This.

I can vividly remember the Zamora striking the ball and then the ball hitting the net and then BOOM! Absolute pandemonium. I even remember thinking when he struck it "that's looks in" and then saw the net bulge. Didn't see any of him or the players celebrating, was too busy hugging everyone in the vicinity and screaming my head off.

"WOULD YOU BE-LIEVE IT? NO!!! UNBELIEVABLE!"
One memory please on 18:22 - May 26 with 4488 viewsGetMeRangers

One memory please on 16:16 - May 26 by HollowayRanger

id post a photo as its animage of the moment

mine was after zamora scored they had one last attack and one of them tries an overhead kick from the penalty spot if he had connected very good chance of a goal but joey was brave and stuck his head in there by right ref should have given us a freekick instead gave them thier final corner

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/gc/493576331-joey-barton-of-queens-park-rangers-an

sorry its a getty image but what a pic

[Post edited 26 May 2014 16:19]

Love the careful placement of Joeys hand! Self-defence or influencing the game?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024