Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One memory please 13:44 - May 26 with 8304 viewsPinnerPaul

OK now we've come down from cloud 9, albeit just to cloud 8 for most, I would like us all to post one memory of the day , it can be anytime from 9.00am to whenever, I know we all have many many great memories but try and pick just the one if you can

For me

Me and my son got back to our car in the green car park, just under Wembley way.

For 15 minutes we watched wave after wave after wave of fans ALL singing Ohh Bobby Zamora all under the badge and "You are Premier League" on the big screen above - wonderful, wonderful, wonderful day

Over to you......

One memory please on 13:00 - May 27 with 1184 viewsR_from_afar

One memory please on 14:14 - May 26 by queensparker

I was on my tod in a bar in Boston - literally, at kick off, it was me and the barman.

By the 90th minute a local bloke called Jimmy had turned up in a Rangers top. Plenty of people had started wandering in for breakfast / to get seats for the Champ League final by then as well.

I reacted with decorum to the winner - knocked over a table, pogo ed across the bar and rugby tackled Jimmy. The barstaff were bringing me beers and Jimmy went home to get a bottle of champagne out of his fridge.

What a morning. Here's to you Jimmy!

Great story, love it!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

One memory please on 13:15 - May 27 with 1169 viewsR_from_afar

Obviously the goal is the main one for me, although I don't think I actually saw it hit the back of the net from where I was, up in the gods. I saw Junior somehow battle past the two Derby players (how?), I saw the cross, I think I saw Bobby swing a boot, then the place erupted and I was weeping tears of joy, tears of disbelief and tears of sheer relief.

Before that, I also remember looking at the odds for a Zamora goal (20-1) scrolling round the electronic hoardings as Rangers dug in in something akin to a reenactment of Rourke's Drift. Man alive, I thought, those are ridiculous odds, it should be 1000-1. I am delighted to have been proven wrong!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

One memory please on 13:20 - May 27 with 1150 viewsPinnerPaul

One memory please on 00:48 - May 27 by shrewranger

i was in block 502,after the goal,the lady in the seat in front of me turned round and said ,i'm sorry cant watch anymore , and spent the remaining 4 minutes watching me go through it.

I did better than that I went down behind the stand for the last 3 minutes, heard the final roar and bounded back up to my seat to give my son a hug!

Thanks all for the replies so far - brilliant every one of them!
One memory please on 13:26 - May 27 with 1136 viewsTHEBUSH

My son upsetting the fellow QPR fan behind him, he was getting excited and standing up a lot, the guy took exception this, normal I suppose, anyway when Bobby Z scored they were hugging each other, like nothing had happened, a winning goal heals almost anything
One memory please on 13:27 - May 27 with 1133 viewsHarbour

walking down wembley way with all the blue and white
Clint leading the team up to get the trophy
Clint and TF hugging in the royal box
Ale Faurlin on the pitch at the end

sorry 4 not one memory.... could have written hundreds what a day never thought I would see it.....
One memory please on 13:27 - May 27 with 1133 viewsrobith

As it all started to calm down (as much as it could in the situation) I turned round to grab my mate sat behind me again and a few rows behind us was an old boy, stood on his own, clearly Rangers through and through, absolutely balling his eyes out.

In his face I could see every last minute defeat and every ounce of struggle, every player who didn't give a f**k and every player who burst a lung, every hatchet article and every work place jibe, every single time this stupid club that we all love so dearly has let us down being washed away and flowing down in his face in one moment of pure and unbridled ecstasy that no one would ever be able to take away from him.

Until the day I die, I will never forget the look on that man's face.
One memory please on 13:56 - May 27 with 1091 viewsTonto

I was not in the Country, in fact i was lining up for a half marathon in Czech Republic. I had got no updates from anyone, so I text my parents asking what the score is.

My mum texts back 1-0

WHO THE FECK TOO????????

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

One memory please on 14:32 - May 27 with 1067 viewseasthertsr

One memory please on 13:27 - May 27 by robith

As it all started to calm down (as much as it could in the situation) I turned round to grab my mate sat behind me again and a few rows behind us was an old boy, stood on his own, clearly Rangers through and through, absolutely balling his eyes out.

In his face I could see every last minute defeat and every ounce of struggle, every player who didn't give a f**k and every player who burst a lung, every hatchet article and every work place jibe, every single time this stupid club that we all love so dearly has let us down being washed away and flowing down in his face in one moment of pure and unbridled ecstasy that no one would ever be able to take away from him.

Until the day I die, I will never forget the look on that man's face.

That is just fantastic! I'm welling up just reading it!
Login to get fewer ads

One memory please on 15:00 - May 27 with 1049 viewsrongould

Very strange day for me,because of my health we had to stay close to home.
Went to our local Brighton pub,to our surprise it was pretty full
but all of them were genuine Derby fans
shirts and everything.
Quite pleasant time really good humoured banter
Bets taken on who would win the pens
Then Bobby's magic happened. Claudia and I jumped up screaming looked over and saw one of the Derby fans dumbfounded look as his beer dropped through his fingers and all over his mate's brand new Derby replica shirt.
One memory please on 22:40 - May 28 with 962 viewsbenbu

Walking in to block 109 and seeing my 4 year old girls face she was amazed by the flags the size and atmosphere
One memory please on 22:50 - May 28 with 948 viewssmegma

The scoreboard saying " congratulations to Queens Park Rangers". Never thought I'd ever see it in my lifetime.
One memory please on 14:49 - May 29 with 861 viewsBrightonhoop

The goal, obviously. Didn't see it coming, barely saw it happen, classic stunned disbelief in silence, then came the roar. 40 years of hurt out in a moment, brought neighbours and dogs running. :-D Neighbours duly dispatched I blubbed like a baby. 'That was for Smiffy and all departed R's' said I. And blubbed again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024