Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Simpson 08:53 - Sep 30 with 6185 viewsBlue_Castello

Any chance we can buy him back in the January sales, oh let me guess he's gone and we've moved on, well that's not good enough.

Last season we gained promotion because we had a solid defence, gave away very few goals and nicked points with 1-0 wins, we were never a prolific scoring team.

After only 6 games it's certain were not going to score shed loads and if we don't tighten up our defence we've got no chance, how long do we put up with watching Isla at right back. He was great in the World Cup for Chile as a wing back BUT he was shipped out by Juventus because he wasn't good enough for their first team, presumably playing in a flat back four.
Danny Simpson on 09:10 - Sep 30 with 4761 viewsjonno

I don't suppose there is any chance of our no doubt highly paid "coaches" (and I use the term in its loosest possible sense) actually improving the player into full back role? You know, like they are being paid for? No, thought not. Crazy idea.
Danny Simpson on 09:17 - Sep 30 with 4733 viewsDiscodroids

our scouts saw something in isla when out in the field at larrys bar soho,(world cup 2014 in 3D 62 inch plasma, wi fi , Snacks available) and identified chile as source of fresh livestock for our squad over a few pints of mild.

im thankful guinea bissau didnt qualify for the world cup this year. otherwise our wonderful scouting system would be playing members of the mandika tribe as wing backs.

id come back from holiday and logged on to find ali injured and simpson sold.

i went to the fridge and procured a continental lager of some note and pondered the injustice of it all.

a wonderful players career cut short.

and a hard working , industrious bust a gut for the cause , quality professional flogged off to a relegation rival with all the long term vision of lennnie peters in a blindfold.

i was wrong. leicester are not a rival, there far to good for that.

crap, crap and more crap.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 9:20]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Danny Simpson on 09:21 - Sep 30 with 4729 viewsElHoop

I never thought that he was that great, he's certainly not a proper Premier League player. Put it like this, Leicester have conceded 10 and he can't get in their side. If we'd have kept him and not bought Isla then everyone would probably be saying why didn't we get a right back? I suspect that it was a good deal to sell him but we signed the wrong player to replace him.
Danny Simpson on 09:27 - Sep 30 with 4719 viewsdaveB

Isla has looked a quality player at wing back for both Chile and Juventus so I wouldn't be too hard on him yet, he's come to a new country, new league and doesn't speak any english so not a great shock that he is going to take time to settle and find his best form.

I still find it odd that after going back to a back four we sold Simpson as soon as we did that it was pretty obvious we were going to need cover at the very least for that position. Still could have been worse could have Traore as well and had no full backs at all.
Danny Simpson on 09:36 - Sep 30 with 4702 viewsNorthernr

Danny Simpson on 09:27 - Sep 30 by daveB

Isla has looked a quality player at wing back for both Chile and Juventus so I wouldn't be too hard on him yet, he's come to a new country, new league and doesn't speak any english so not a great shock that he is going to take time to settle and find his best form.

I still find it odd that after going back to a back four we sold Simpson as soon as we did that it was pretty obvious we were going to need cover at the very least for that position. Still could have been worse could have Traore as well and had no full backs at all.

For all the reasons in your first paragraph, deliberately leaving yourself with him as literally your only option or that position is rank bad management. Simpson had no desire to go and was surprised when he was sold. He should have been kept, if he had been he'd be back in the team the next game giving Isla a chance to get a bit fitter and adjust to the pace of it all which is way beyond him at the moment. If Isla had gone well, and Simpson hadn't played, then by all means sell him in January.

More wheeler dealer bull sht from our facking football manager.
Danny Simpson on 09:41 - Sep 30 with 4669 viewsDiscodroids

Danny Simpson on 09:27 - Sep 30 by daveB

hans peter traore is only here cause he turned down the opportunity to join the crystal palace revolution, i think harold was prepared to let him go as well.

no doubt harold had a supoib left back all lined up!!

it certainly wasnt yun, a player he ignored for large parts of last season and the games that really mattered in the play offs .

a buffoon most foul
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 9:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Danny Simpson on 09:42 - Sep 30 with 4677 viewsTHEBUSH

Danny Simpson on 09:36 - Sep 30 by Northernr

For all the reasons in your first paragraph, deliberately leaving yourself with him as literally your only option or that position is rank bad management. Simpson had no desire to go and was surprised when he was sold. He should have been kept, if he had been he'd be back in the team the next game giving Isla a chance to get a bit fitter and adjust to the pace of it all which is way beyond him at the moment. If Isla had gone well, and Simpson hadn't played, then by all means sell him in January.

Good question raised, was it's Redknapps decision to let Simpson go or TF who may have thought it was a good idea, to get some quick money into the club ?
Danny Simpson on 09:56 - Sep 30 with 4646 viewsdaveB

Danny Simpson on 09:36 - Sep 30 by Northernr

yeah totally agree, I could kind of understand letting Simpson go if we were going to stick with a back three but would have still kept him until January and see where we are then but it doesn't even need hindsight to know that was rank bad to leave yourself with only one option for right back. Even if Isla had been brilliant any injury or suspension and we are knackered. I know Ned can play right back but he never looks that comfortable in that position either.

Bit off topic but was saying to a mate on the way back to the pub on Saturday how similar it is to our last 2 seasons at this level. All three times ended the previous season with a winning formula and all three times have broken it up. yet again our best players are the ones we already had here, Hoilett and Zamora both massive improvements on the new players when they come on every week and not sure the new central defensive partnership is any better than Dunne and Onuoha was last season. Very painful to watch but I'm not sure what's worse, sticking with it and hoping it turns around or the inevitable new manager and another new team in January.
Login to get fewer ads

Danny Simpson on 10:28 - Sep 30 with 4595 viewsElHoop

Danny Simpson on 09:56 - Sep 30 by daveB

yeah totally agree, I could kind of understand letting Simpson go if we were going to stick with a back three but would have still kept him until January and see where we are then but it doesn't even need hindsight to know that was rank bad to leave yourself with only one option for right back. Even if Isla had been brilliant any injury or suspension and we are knackered. I know Ned can play right back but he never looks that comfortable in that position either.

Bit off topic but was saying to a mate on the way back to the pub on Saturday how similar it is to our last 2 seasons at this level. All three times ended the previous season with a winning formula and all three times have broken it up. yet again our best players are the ones we already had here, Hoilett and Zamora both massive improvements on the new players when they come on every week and not sure the new central defensive partnership is any better than Dunne and Onuoha was last season. Very painful to watch but I'm not sure what's worse, sticking with it and hoping it turns around or the inevitable new manager and another new team in January.

But we weren't even the third best team in the Championship last season. That team would have gone straight back down, and we didn't even have that team anyway as so many were here on loan. If the plan was to play with three at the back and wing backs, then we should have stuck with it. If we couldn't do that because the players didn't fancy it then it's the fault of the players for digging in and the management for letting them do that. If on the other hand we didn't have the manpower to make a three work, then that's Harry's fault entirely. So either way it's at least partly Harry's fault but for me Simpson wasn't that great so I can see why we sold him. What I don't understand is why 'off the pitch' fitness and the World Cup have taken the blame for the poor start whereas 'on the pitch' the three at the back have taken the blame. It doesn't really join up.
Danny Simpson on 11:02 - Sep 30 with 4549 viewsdaveB

The team needed to improve but we've gone too far again. Completely new back four from last season, different system, different combinations in midfield as well. I think overall the signings we made were pretty good but they all take time to settle on and off the pitch so in the mean time we really could and should have been using a lot of last years team and then bed the news ones in slowly.
Danny Simpson on 11:45 - Sep 30 with 4481 viewsPinnerPaul

Bizarrely I read last week that we are after a right full back from......Leicester in January, can't remember his name, too busy to look it up.
Danny Simpson on 11:47 - Sep 30 with 4470 viewsJamie

Danny Simpson on 11:02 - Sep 30 by daveB

The team needed to improve but we've gone too far again. Completely new back four from last season, different system, different combinations in midfield as well. I think overall the signings we made were pretty good but they all take time to settle on and off the pitch so in the mean time we really could and should have been using a lot of last years team and then bed the news ones in slowly.

So whose fault is that?
Danny Simpson on 11:49 - Sep 30 with 4464 viewsPommyhoop

Danny Simpson on 11:45 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

Bizarrely I read last week that we are after a right full back from......Leicester in January, can't remember his name, too busy to look it up.

Its the fella who is keeping Simpson out of the team.Name escapes me too.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Danny Simpson on 12:27 - Sep 30 with 4413 viewsdaveB

Danny Simpson on 11:45 - Sep 30 by PinnerPaul

De Laat I think his name is
Danny Simpson on 12:29 - Sep 30 with 4409 viewsdaveB

Danny Simpson on 11:47 - Sep 30 by Jamie

So whose fault is that?

the manager obviously but think the whole ethos of the club from owner to manager and fans is all about more blood, constant changes. It's the qpr way and Redknapp going will just change the person changing things rather than what needs to change
Danny Simpson on 12:35 - Sep 30 with 4379 viewsJamie

Danny Simpson on 12:29 - Sep 30 by daveB

the manager obviously but think the whole ethos of the club from owner to manager and fans is all about more blood, constant changes. It's the qpr way and Redknapp going will just change the person changing things rather than what needs to change

Which goes with what several have says, that Hughes & Redknapp were merely symptoms of the root problem at the club.

#retweet.
Danny Simpson on 12:39 - Sep 30 with 4367 viewsQPunkR

Danny Simpson on 12:27 - Sep 30 by daveB

De Laat I think his name is

Ritchie de Laet

QPR - "shit but local"

Danny Simpson on 12:41 - Sep 30 with 4363 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Danny Simpson on 12:29 - Sep 30 by daveB

Ya, I agree with this completely.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Danny Simpson on 12:49 - Sep 30 with 4350 viewsAntti_Heinola

Danny Simpson on 09:10 - Sep 30 by jonno

I don't suppose there is any chance of our no doubt highly paid "coaches" (and I use the term in its loosest possible sense) actually improving the player into full back role? You know, like they are being paid for? No, thought not. Crazy idea.

Not a single player at the club has improved under the current regime.

Bare bones.

Danny Simpson on 12:55 - Sep 30 with 4329 viewssimmo

Danny Simpson on 12:49 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Traore maybe?

I'm straw clutching a bit but I think he's one. I agree though, the development of players is completely anonymous in this current team.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Danny Simpson on 13:04 - Sep 30 with 4312 viewsElHoop

Danny Simpson on 12:49 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

If Karl Henry hasn't improved then he was a fooking bargain.

I'm not sure that many have been here long enough to improve or be noticed as having improved. Clint Hill has probably improved. Nedum perhaps, certainly defensively anyway. But we've has so many injuries, so many promotions and relegations - it's almost impossible to keep track of who was what when they got here and whether they've got any better before they've left, if they've already gone.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2014 13:14]
Danny Simpson on 13:20 - Sep 30 with 4276 viewsPhildo

Danny Simpson on 12:55 - Sep 30 by simmo

Traore maybe?

I'm straw clutching a bit but I think he's one. I agree though, the development of players is completely anonymous in this current team.

Indeed but they were willing to ship him out and the Simpson thing makes me think there is no one at the club they would not do that too if they thought we were getting a more glamourous upgrade. As a result there is not really a bond between fans and players with one or two honourable exceptions which in turn explains the fact we have to sit and listen to away fans telling us our ground - one of the best in the division for creating atmosphere - sounds like a library -which it does.

I dont like Harry - never really have - but in some ways he is made for the current set up. No one better -ship em in - ship em out.

How i am supposed to get my two boys to form some kind of eternal bond with the club when it is run like this I dont know. Make sure that Chrlie Austin poster doesnt damage the paintwork boys as you will probably be taking it down in a while. Stick it in the recycling with the other 10(s).

I dont mind going up and not being very good. I suspect Burnley fans overall will enjoy this year. But the state of MY club. Nope I hate that.
Danny Simpson on 13:38 - Sep 30 with 4243 viewsqprmeath

Wing back full back its not exactly a huge difference is it. Cant understand this "cant play full back cause he is a wing back nonsense
Danny Simpson on 13:40 - Sep 30 with 4235 viewsaston_hoop

Danny Simpson on 12:39 - Sep 30 by QPunkR

Ritchie de Laet

Couple of Leicester supporting mates that I know reckon that De Laet isn't up to it in the Premiership and they expect to see Simpson starting soon. So sounds about right for us.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Danny Simpson on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 4227 viewsqueensparker

Isla and Ferdinand have arguably been our two worst players this season, directly responsible for some game-changing goals. There's no doubt at all in my head we'd have been better off with Ned and Simpson in their positions, none at all.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024