Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM 12:36 - Dec 5 with 9772 viewsloftboy

We are number 31 again, who do you want?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:37 - Dec 5 with 2962 viewskropotkin41

Hmmmm, let's think. How about nobody? I'm not bothered at all and we all know it'll make no difference........... which is probably for the best.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:39 - Dec 5 with 2954 viewsTrance_Trousers

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:44 - Dec 5 with 2947 viewsMytch_QPR

Serious question: is there anything to actually stop us from not entering the FA Cup (by which I mean are we contractually obligated by being a PL club etc)?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that we 'forgot' to enter one year (many moons ago). I think that was before Paladini and his fax machine came into being, so he's probably beyond blame.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't enter, by the way, but just raising the point. If we give in as lamely as we have for the past few seasons (and especially if we get an away draw) then I just question how much effort HR is going to put in. We'll probably get Derby away and they'll murder us.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:45 - Dec 5 with 2927 viewsPommyhoop

Chelsea .
Have the party early.

Thing is we'd probably get fined for playing a weakened squad...
Adel might get a game tho

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:48 - Dec 5 with 2933 viewssimmo

I would have wanted Barnet away but seeing as they're out, I honestly don't mind. Hopefully not a premiership team away from home, but that's about it.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:49 - Dec 5 with 2926 viewswelwynhoop

Not Brentford.
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:52 - Dec 5 with 2912 viewspaulparker

Brentford or Fulham away would be good

other than that couldn't care less , so it will most probably be West Brom or Sundeland away where we will lose to an abject performance 2-0

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:53 - Dec 5 with 2910 viewsaston_hoop

Home to Blackpool. Just purely on the basis that we'd be at home, they're definitely in the draw and we surely cant be worse than them.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:53 - Dec 5 with 2908 viewsmikeygunn

Leeds away.....but only because it's the closet game for me. Selfish.
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:01 - Dec 5 with 2876 viewsRs_Holy

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:44 - Dec 5 by Mytch_QPR

Serious question: is there anything to actually stop us from not entering the FA Cup (by which I mean are we contractually obligated by being a PL club etc)?

I'm sure I remember reading somewhere that we 'forgot' to enter one year (many moons ago). I think that was before Paladini and his fax machine came into being, so he's probably beyond blame.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't enter, by the way, but just raising the point. If we give in as lamely as we have for the past few seasons (and especially if we get an away draw) then I just question how much effort HR is going to put in. We'll probably get Derby away and they'll murder us.

didn't ManUre bypass it a few seasons ago because they were in some club World Cup in South America???

I'd be up for not entering, to save the embarrassment, and stick I'm bound to get the following days at work!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 13:02]
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:04 - Dec 5 with 2862 viewsMonahoop

Warrington Town, provided they beat Gateshead. We might win that or not as Vauxhall Motors proved a few years back!

I actually hope we do well in this competition for a change. Always using the thinly veiled excuse of battling relegation or promotion. It gets tedious. Where's the spirit of '82?

There aint half been some clever bastards.

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:07 - Dec 5 with 2851 viewsPinnerPaul

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:44 - Dec 5 by Mytch_QPR

Good question.

Didn't Man Utd not enter, or threaten not to enter one year - something to do with World Club Championship?

Or is that complete rubbish?!
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:11 - Dec 5 with 2827 viewsMytch_QPR

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:07 - Dec 5 by PinnerPaul

Good question.

Didn't Man Utd not enter, or threaten not to enter one year - something to do with World Club Championship?

Or is that complete rubbish?!

I can't remember if it was the FA or League Cup, but yes - I do remember that happening. It would be interesting if a club such as us did it - I expect there would be an uproar that it would give us an advantage by giving our superstar players fewer games to play (stop sniggering).

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:17 - Dec 5 with 2810 viewsRangersw12

A new ground

Or at least something interesting like Luton or Oxford away
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:18 - Dec 5 with 2804 viewsjohncharles

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 12:53 - Dec 5 by mikeygunn

Leeds away.....but only because it's the closet game for me. Selfish.

You might be the only one there.

Strong and stable my arse.

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:21 - Dec 5 with 2782 viewsPommyhoop

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:01 - Dec 5 by Rs_Holy

didn't ManUre bypass it a few seasons ago because they were in some club World Cup in South America???

I'd be up for not entering, to save the embarrassment, and stick I'm bound to get the following days at work!
[Post edited 5 Dec 2014 13:02]

I'd love us to do that.
Feck it everyone hates us anyway .
I bet the media would do a better hatchet job on us than they did on ManU.
We'd be f''cking toast
Lets just rest on easyn until we know more of the FFP.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:24 - Dec 5 with 2778 viewskingsburyR

Who cares.

We'll field a weak team and go out.

Oh for a cup run.......................................

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:27 - Dec 5 with 2768 viewsQPunkR

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:11 - Dec 5 by Mytch_QPR

I can't remember if it was the FA or League Cup, but yes - I do remember that happening. It would be interesting if a club such as us did it - I expect there would be an uproar that it would give us an advantage by giving our superstar players fewer games to play (stop sniggering).

Shirley you mean *one* less game to play!!

QPR - "shit but local"

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:37 - Dec 5 with 2745 viewsLblock

Man Utd did indeed not enter one season and they played some stupid tournament in the USA (I think)

There was then some big who-ha as they got sanctioned by the FA but they said they'd been given permission to withdraw for one season.

I think they held QPR up as a case for the defence as "QPR never enter cup competitions ever"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:40 - Dec 5 with 2734 viewswhittocksRs

I would love it if we gave the cup an actual go this season — Wigan won the cup the same season as they went down. Seeing as we look likely to go, why not some glory to go with it?
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:42 - Dec 5 with 2728 viewsheadhoops

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:18 - Dec 5 by johncharles

You might be the only one there.

what coming out of the closet?

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:44 - Dec 5 with 2721 viewsheadhoops

Spurs, Man Utd, or Chelsea away then we can experience an Arry's bonus FA Cup tie.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:45 - Dec 5 with 2721 viewsQPunkR

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:37 - Dec 5 by Lblock

Man Utd did indeed not enter one season and they played some stupid tournament in the USA (I think)

There was then some big who-ha as they got sanctioned by the FA but they said they'd been given permission to withdraw for one season.

I think they held QPR up as a case for the defence as "QPR never enter cup competitions ever"

'twas the Club World Cup 2000, held in Brazil.
And they went out in the first round if I remember correctly!

QPR - "shit but local"

FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:53 - Dec 5 with 2694 viewsDevonWhite

Anyone at home.

Or a lower league team (and new ground) away.
FA cup draw Monday 7:00PM on 13:56 - Dec 5 with 2688 viewsloftus77

Blyth Spartans away.

No chance.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024