Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gone 18:10 - Jan 17 with 28406 viewsDubaiR

Not revealing my source but go to games together when i am back and northern knows him. Now a stake holder in a local rag. Arry apparently gone
Gone on 09:51 - Jan 18 with 4861 viewsBasingstokeR

Gone on 09:23 - Jan 18 by essextaxiboy

I dont really mean knee jerk , I mean getting rid mid season and having to appoint someone who just happens to be out there and available rather than planning interviewing sifting and appointing ..

I'm not sure we're ever going to get a manager who "happens to not be available"? Surely availability is the key in recruiting anyone? Lots of people want Paul Clement - he's said himself recently when linked with Newcastle - he's not available (at least not now or the summer, wants another season at Real as assistant).

How many successful clubs do open interviews for multiple candidates any more if thats what you're suggesting? How do you know that one or two interviews haven't taken place in private already e.g. Sherwood and maybe others (maybe Pulis and some others were sounded out around the West Ham game)?

This is how Southampton have done it...
“When we look to recruit managers, they need a core philosophy similar to Southampton’s,the due diligence we did on Ronald to recruit him as manager was similar to what we do on the players so that, when he comes in here, he isn’t bringing up names that don’t look anything like our profile. Ronald’s philosophy and ideas on players are paralleled with ours, so a lot of the players we were presenting him with over the summer fitted with what he saw as a good acquisition for his style. Ultimately, his style should reflect what we’re trying to represent as well."
Gone on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 4518 viewsDiscodroids

Gone on 20:29 - Jan 17 by essextaxiboy

Ask Discodroid or Paulparker ., I am 54 and have been going to Loftus Road since 1967 .. My first t season ticket was when the ellerslie was built. . My Dad and his 4 brothers were Rangers fans , 2 of my 3 sons have St with me and my brother also

Sorry if my idea of the best way forward doesnt fit with the mob

sorry etb, only just seen this.

i can confirm he is a lovely bloke with a touch of Boyishly handsome dudley moore about him( not the parkinsons stage), furthermore he seems to have spawned a master race of lantern jawed bronzed doc savages that made me feel like the top half of 'master blaster' from the mad max 3 film in comparrison.

A Friend.A gentleman. A true 'R'.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 13:24]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gone on 13:50 - Jan 18 with 4390 viewsHollowayRanger

Gone on 18:21 - Jan 17 by DubaiR

I have bet a grand it doesnt happen before midnight and he is convinced

so u a grand up or what?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Gone on 14:03 - Jan 18 with 4356 viewsessextaxiboy

Gone on 13:20 - Jan 18 by Discodroids

sorry etb, only just seen this.

i can confirm he is a lovely bloke with a touch of Boyishly handsome dudley moore about him( not the parkinsons stage), furthermore he seems to have spawned a master race of lantern jawed bronzed doc savages that made me feel like the top half of 'master blaster' from the mad max 3 film in comparrison.

A Friend.A gentleman. A true 'R'.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 13:24]

Thanks Disco ,

As you probably read I have accepted that a change is probably the right thing given that the staff of potentially the new guy are already in place and appear to be making their move in the media . We might as well get it done and move on . Hopefully it has been planned for a while .

My Glenn is sitting behind me as I write so I wont massage his ego by letting him read your post , his view on a manager change is that he worries that players loyal to Redknapp may just down tools .

We may see a few youngsters get a go if that happens which may not be a bad thing .

Cheers
Gone on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 4289 viewsDiscodroids

its such a curse being called glenn and classically handsome like me, your son and mr hoddle !

emotions running high and thats because we ll love this jezabel of W12, that harold is pimping out for all she worth.

like everyone on here, just cant stop loving the old girl, no matter how she treats me..

come to think of it, Dame QPR is giving mica paris a run for her money in the S&M stakes at The moment!

SING IT STEVIE BABY

Always treat me like a fool
Kick me when I'm down that's your rule
I don't know why I love you Rangers
But I love you ,

Oh you never stop your
Stupid careless ways
You laugh in my face
Lord how long must I be disgraced
Cause I love you Rangers

You throw my heart down in the dirt
You made me crawl on
This cold black earth,
No I never, I never knew
How much love could hurt
Until I loved you Rangers.

fk me , this dry january is killing me!, roll on feb 1st when i can get on it. . chateau 'listerine' is on the cards this afternoon.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2015 14:17]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Gone on 14:21 - Jan 18 with 4260 viewsGloucs_R

where is the OP today then? Feels like a fit bird has invited me home for coffee only to fall asleep on the sofa whilst I nip off for a wee.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Gone on 14:42 - Jan 18 with 4189 viewsPinnerPaul

Gone on 14:21 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

where is the OP today then? Feels like a fit bird has invited me home for coffee only to fall asleep on the sofa whilst I nip off for a wee.

Must be at the shops spending the £1,000 he won from his "mate"
Gone on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 4026 viewshoopdog

Gone on 14:03 - Jan 18 by essextaxiboy

Thanks Disco ,

As you probably read I have accepted that a change is probably the right thing given that the staff of potentially the new guy are already in place and appear to be making their move in the media . We might as well get it done and move on . Hopefully it has been planned for a while .

My Glenn is sitting behind me as I write so I wont massage his ego by letting him read your post , his view on a manager change is that he worries that players loyal to Redknapp may just down tools .

We may see a few youngsters get a go if that happens which may not be a bad thing .

Cheers

There's a fair point in that the players that started yesterday really looked as if they were fully behind HR the way they battled for every loose ball and got in the M/U players faces .
Don't know a new man would change the chances of many of our younger players tho I'm not convinced we have any that are good enough I also think Redknapp is not as anti young players he's painted by some
Login to get fewer ads

Gone on 15:36 - Jan 18 with 4024 viewsconnell10

Gone on 09:51 - Jan 18 by BasingstokeR

I'm not sure we're ever going to get a manager who "happens to not be available"? Surely availability is the key in recruiting anyone? Lots of people want Paul Clement - he's said himself recently when linked with Newcastle - he's not available (at least not now or the summer, wants another season at Real as assistant).

How many successful clubs do open interviews for multiple candidates any more if thats what you're suggesting? How do you know that one or two interviews haven't taken place in private already e.g. Sherwood and maybe others (maybe Pulis and some others were sounded out around the West Ham game)?

This is how Southampton have done it...
“When we look to recruit managers, they need a core philosophy similar to Southampton’s,the due diligence we did on Ronald to recruit him as manager was similar to what we do on the players so that, when he comes in here, he isn’t bringing up names that don’t look anything like our profile. Ronald’s philosophy and ideas on players are paralleled with ours, so a lot of the players we were presenting him with over the summer fitted with what he saw as a good acquisition for his style. Ultimately, his style should reflect what we’re trying to represent as well."

That last bit about the saints and how they do things is light years away from how we do things. Quite depressing really.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Gone on 15:37 - Jan 18 with 4017 viewsFredManRave

Gone on 14:21 - Jan 18 by Gloucs_R

Yes, ironic that the OP now appears to have "Gone".

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Gone on 16:10 - Jan 18 with 3869 viewsWeaverQPR

Jamie Redknapp currently on holiday with Amit.

@WeavQPR

Gone on 16:15 - Jan 18 with 3847 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

One big happy family...

Gone on 16:16 - Jan 18 with 3838 viewsBasingstokeR

And Jimmy Carr! Joker
Gone on 16:21 - Jan 18 with 3806 viewsEalingRanger

Gone on 16:10 - Jan 18 by WeaverQPR

Jamie Redknapp currently on holiday with Amit.

Seems like a healthy relationship.
Gone on 16:32 - Jan 18 with 3765 viewsKaos_Agent

Gone on 15:36 - Jan 18 by connell10

That last bit about the saints and how they do things is light years away from how we do things. Quite depressing really.

As Northern has pointed out many times, there is no "we" at top level. Unlike Southampton or Swansea, there is no blueprint. Our cunning plan is to keep throwing money at players and to hire whichever ex-manager is in the shop window at the time of need.

"Then it has all been in vain. The fellowship has failed." "Not if we hold true to each other."

Gone on 16:48 - Jan 18 with 3703 viewsDANRANGER

Just waiting for the news. Can't fault the effort yesterday (well maybe fer tracking back) but redknapp persisting with Zamora hit and hope tactics is not going to beat what we have to come at home. We have an abundance of no 10's and we have to be a bit more cleaver about it. Got to get Vargas in the game more for example.

We are not cut adrift but with these tactics can't see it improving.
Gone on 17:06 - Jan 18 with 3597 viewsDesertBoot

Two long range efforts in the first half and fluffing a three on one situation. Not good enough against that poor United defence.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Gone on 17:31 - Jan 18 with 3473 viewsjohncharles

Very poor form Essex taxi young fellah me lad.
Who am I going to argue with now ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Gone on 18:17 - Jan 18 with 3274 viewsCiderwithRsie

Gone on 20:29 - Jan 17 by essextaxiboy

Ask Discodroid or Paulparker ., I am 54 and have been going to Loftus Road since 1967 .. My first t season ticket was when the ellerslie was built. . My Dad and his 4 brothers were Rangers fans , 2 of my 3 sons have St with me and my brother also

Sorry if my idea of the best way forward doesnt fit with the mob

Face it mate, any of us who has been going since 1967 has to be mental. If you weren't when started you must be by now.
Gone on 18:56 - Jan 18 with 3111 viewsShotKneesHoop

Gone on 18:17 - Jan 18 by CiderwithRsie

Face it mate, any of us who has been going since 1967 has to be mental. If you weren't when started you must be by now.

You missed the real nutty years from 1962 to 1967. That sent everyone loopy

1963-64 was the year we almost managed to get relegated to Divisions 4. I was one of the 3,265 at Loftus Road in January that witnessed the 3-2 thrashing of Oldham. That season was the one that sent me mental.

Never recovered.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Gone on 19:12 - Jan 18 with 3051 viewsLoneranger80

Gone on 18:56 - Jan 18 by ShotKneesHoop

You missed the real nutty years from 1962 to 1967. That sent everyone loopy

1963-64 was the year we almost managed to get relegated to Divisions 4. I was one of the 3,265 at Loftus Road in January that witnessed the 3-2 thrashing of Oldham. That season was the one that sent me mental.

Never recovered.

where has OP gone??
Gone on 19:17 - Jan 18 with 3022 viewsDubaiR

Also called Glen.

I am here not gone anywhere. I said didn't think would happen but mate was convinced and most people on here will know him any way.
Gone on 19:27 - Jan 18 with 2965 viewsingeminate

Gone on 19:17 - Jan 18 by DubaiR

Also called Glen.

I am here not gone anywhere. I said didn't think would happen but mate was convinced and most people on here will know him any way.

So with Harry still here the only breaking news is the sheer number of Glenn's knocking about LFW.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Gone on 19:34 - Jan 18 with 2926 viewsDubaiR

Named after Roeder as was conceived shortly after 82 final;) brother is Gary after Waddock. Just had a baby girl otherwise would have been Stanley so went with Francesca and if anyone asks it's after Mclintock
Gone on 21:42 - Jan 18 with 2663 viewsoddball

source/sauce, think you've been on it pal.I NEED ATTENTION.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024