Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City ticket update 18:50 - Jan 20 with 32771 viewsColDale

We're fast approaching the 4,000 mark for the number of tickets snapped up by Dale fans for Monday’s FA Cup fourth round tie v Stoke City at Spotland.

As well as buying person at the RAFC Ticket Office, supporters can also purchase tickets over the phone. Please note, however, that phone bookings must be made via the See Tickets Call Centre, which can be contacted on 01158960130. The call centre is open 24 hours a day. Booking fees apply.

Supporters are reminded that tie is ALL TICKET, therefore, you must purchase your tickets in advance of the day of the match. It is also reserved seating. Normal league prices apply

Supporters attending the game are asked to keep their ticket stubs. Should Dale progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup, fans with a ticket stub will have the benefit of priority purchase for that round.

Opening hours

Wednesday 21st January — 9am to 5pm

Thursday 22nd January — 9am to 5pm

Friday 23rd January — 9am to 5pm

Saturday 24th January — EXTRA OPENING — 10am to 4pm

Sunday 25th January - CLOSED
Stoke City ticket update on 08:48 - Jan 26 with 4868 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke City ticket update on 22:13 - Jan 25 by steofthedale

I presume it is unlikely that any Dale fans would make a trip to Stoke on Monday to purchase tickets in the away stand.

However, tickets sold in Rochdale on the day, could easily be purchased by away fans making the trip on the day of the game.

Given the issues we had with OAFC it seems a sensible and logical precaution not to sell tickets at Spotland on 26 January.

Oldham had sold out though and it was stated very early by visitors to this site that a few were buying tickets in our end - the only reason they came in our end was because thats where the only tickets available were. I very much doubt there will be Stoke fans choosing to come in the home end when they have 1000+ seats available still in the away end. I can understand the club having a day off yesterday with it being Sunday but there are staff in the ticket office all day today - tickets should be being sold to any Rochdale fans who want to still come tonight.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stoke City ticket update on 09:16 - Jan 26 with 4773 viewsLee_Bullet

Stoke City ticket update on 09:25 - Jan 26 with 4749 viewssteofthedale

Stoke City ticket update on 08:48 - Jan 26 by dingdangblue

Oldham had sold out though and it was stated very early by visitors to this site that a few were buying tickets in our end - the only reason they came in our end was because thats where the only tickets available were. I very much doubt there will be Stoke fans choosing to come in the home end when they have 1000+ seats available still in the away end. I can understand the club having a day off yesterday with it being Sunday but there are staff in the ticket office all day today - tickets should be being sold to any Rochdale fans who want to still come tonight.

Of course that does make a difference providing there are no numpties wanting to attend a fixture simply with the intention of causing trouble. (I am not suggesting this is the case with Stoke fans but trying to look at it generally from the perspective of crowd safety.)

Dale supporters have had plenty of time to access tickets before today. (I live 45 miles away and have had no difficulty in this respect.) I wonder whether Dale staff might have much else (other than selling any few remaining tickets) to occupy them today as they prepare for tonight?

steofthedale*

Stoke City ticket update on 10:01 - Jan 26 with 4677 viewstazzydjr

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Stoke City ticket update on 10:21 - Jan 26 with 4613 viewsD_Alien

Stoke City ticket update on 09:25 - Jan 26 by steofthedale

Of course that does make a difference providing there are no numpties wanting to attend a fixture simply with the intention of causing trouble. (I am not suggesting this is the case with Stoke fans but trying to look at it generally from the perspective of crowd safety.)

Dale supporters have had plenty of time to access tickets before today. (I live 45 miles away and have had no difficulty in this respect.) I wonder whether Dale staff might have much else (other than selling any few remaining tickets) to occupy them today as they prepare for tonight?

Well done for getting your ticket sorted.

As has been pointed out numerous times, there will be fans who genuinely won't be certain they can make the game till today. It's absolute nonsense that tickets aren't being made available for them up to say, 5pm.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stoke City ticket update on 10:29 - Jan 26 with 4560 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke City ticket update on 09:16 - Jan 26 by Lee_Bullet

Looks like there will be plenty of blocks of seats for segregation purposes in that end.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Stoke City ticket update on 10:47 - Jan 26 with 4494 viewsbennersdale

Stoke City ticket update on 10:21 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

As has been pointed out numerous times, there will be fans who genuinely won't be certain they can make the game till today. It's absolute nonsense that tickets aren't being made available for them up to say, 5pm.

I know of somebody after two tickets, he gets paid today (monthly first one after Xmas) so is on the look out for any spares. Its just daft that he can't now go up to or ring the club for a couple of tickets

Hasta el valle abajo de la cerveza

Stoke City ticket update on 11:09 - Jan 26 with 4415 viewsR17ALE

Stoke City ticket update on 10:21 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Whilst I agree, it's worth pointing out that the Main Stand and The Sandy are sold out, and there's only a few tickets left in Pearl Street. So, even if we could sell tickets today, there's hardly any left to sell!

And whilst this thread highlights things we can do better in future, who'd have thought we'd sell out the home stands for this game?

I'm sure there were posters speculating on giving up half the Pearl Street to maximise revenues. Thus, we've done well shifting around 6000 tickets.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City ticket update on 11:20 - Jan 26 with 4373 viewsLee_Bullet

If you get your mate to ring the club I am sure they will be able to sort him out.
Stoke City ticket update on 11:22 - Jan 26 with 4361 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke City ticket update on 11:09 - Jan 26 by R17ALE

Whilst I agree, it's worth pointing out that the Main Stand and The Sandy are sold out, and there's only a few tickets left in Pearl Street. So, even if we could sell tickets today, there's hardly any left to sell!

And whilst this thread highlights things we can do better in future, who'd have thought we'd sell out the home stands for this game?

I'm sure there were posters speculating on giving up half the Pearl Street to maximise revenues. Thus, we've done well shifting around 6000 tickets.

Great that! So the crowd should be up near the Leeds / Sheff Weds crowds from last season - but without the away end being at capacity. Cant wait. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Stoke City ticket update on 12:12 - Jan 26 with 4180 viewsNerazzurri

We simply have to get up to date an install a proper ticketing system that allows online purchases and is fully synced in with a database which would then allow ticket sales to fans with a purchase history on the day of the game. And hopefully show a bit of common sense with new customers who can prove they don't support the opposition team! I went to Wigan v Arsenal a couple of years ago and they were happy to sell me a ticket when I explained I was a Rochdale fan looking to go as a neutral.

Forza Nerazzurri

Stoke City ticket update on 12:21 - Jan 26 with 4136 viewsbennersdale

Stoke City ticket update on 11:20 - Jan 26 by Lee_Bullet

If you get your mate to ring the club I am sure they will be able to sort him out.

He's got them from the club thanks

Stoke City ticket update on 12:31 - Jan 26 with 4102 viewsD_Alien

Stoke City ticket update on 12:21 - Jan 26 by bennersdale

He's got them from the club thanks

Pleased to hear this.

I guess the club wouldn't want huge queues outside the ticket office on the day of game, but common sense prevails.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stoke City ticket update on 12:34 - Jan 26 with 4078 viewsbennersdale

Stoke City ticket update on 12:31 - Jan 26 by D_Alien

Pleased to hear this.

I guess the club wouldn't want huge queues outside the ticket office on the day of game, but common sense prevails.

Looks like if you ask you can still get them from the ticket office

Stoke City ticket update on 13:20 - Jan 26 with 3894 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke City ticket update on 12:34 - Jan 26 by bennersdale

Glad to hear this - makes sense and hope they sell a few more - Talksport been talking lots about the match tonight so there might be a few listeners in our area who fancy it last minute.

Stoke City ticket update on 13:46 - Jan 26 with 3804 viewsolympicdale

Stoke City ticket update on 12:34 - Jan 26 by bennersdale

Good to see!

Life is a game of fate.

Stoke City ticket update on 16:08 - Jan 26 with 3518 viewsDaley_Lama

Surprised to see no mention that our club tweeted

"We've sold over 5,000 tickets in the home ends for tonight's #FACup tie v Stoke City"

earlier today.

Poll: DF in or out

Stoke City ticket update on 17:57 - Jan 27 with 3115 views442Dale

Stoke City ticket update on 09:32 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Think that's a bit unfair. As posted elsewhere, there's no reason why issues raised by Trust members and fans can't be put to the Trust to capitalise on their positive links with the club.

So far, from some of the things brought up by supporters on here, how about these questions:

*Why couldn't tickets have been put on general sale straight after the Crawley game to allow fans attending the game to buy tickets?

*Why couldn't there have been a 'crossover period' where tickets were on general sale, but with Season Ticket holders still having their seats/space reserved for a few more days? This would have seen anyone able to buy tickets on the day of the Crawley game. ( Something similar happened v Sheff Wed last season:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/facup-r4-details-1284564.aspx
All fans were able to buy tickets when we played Plymouth the week before, with Season Ticket reservations in place until close of business after that game)

*Why could Stoke fans buy tickets on the day of the game yet home fans couldn't? Also what had changed which now means Trust members can't buy tickets on the day of a game?

*What were the advantages of using a telesales company rather than selling them over the phone at the club?

*Are the club happy with how the telesales idea went and will feedback be sought from fans who used the service?

*What was the percentage of non/semi regulars buying tickets and what follow up plans are in place to attract them back in the future?

--------

Again, if you think those questions cover it or want other things bringing up, I'm more than happy to stick them together to give to the Trust.(Gives me a reason to stop going through lower league kit clashes with TalkingSutty in the Dale Bar and go over to the Trust desk.)

As fans we have our part to play, it's not to just moan and hope things change but to use the avenues available to make a positive impression for the benefit of everyone - specifically the club and its supporters, whether they be loyal fans of many years or a family attending for the very first time.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:01]

Had a good discussion with a couple of Trust board members before the game last night. We agreed that the queries above and any others that people want bringing up are sent in. I'll be doing this at the Orient game a week on Saturday so get them on here by the start of next week, alternatively you can send them in yourselves here:

http://daletrust.com/news/?page_id=779

I'll be asking for answers to all the questions to be put on the Trust site and I'm sure there will be a link off here. Hopefully if this works well, and there's no reason why answers to all of the above can't be provided with the links they have with the club, then we can try and make this a regular thing where the views of supporters via this forum are heard . This might not only cut down on the somewhat repetitive nature of posts on here asking for things to change, but for positive changes to actually occur and where this isn't possible, explanations which give fans a better understanding of what's going on at their club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stoke City ticket update on 18:54 - Jan 27 with 3065 viewsmacro

More importantly what's being done to ensure those 5000 fans come back!
Stoke City ticket update on 18:59 - Jan 27 with 3054 viewsisitme

Stoke City ticket update on 18:54 - Jan 27 by macro

More importantly what's being done to ensure those 5000 fans come back!

The group of drug induced lads behind me seemed more interested in the latest in play odds and betting money on whether a free kick would lead to a corner. Each to their own I suppose. I would rather concentrate on the game. Maybe we could have a bookie stall in the ground to cater for their ilk?

Most of those fans wont come back for the Orient game for a number of reasons.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 18:59]
Stoke City ticket update on 23:09 - Jan 27 with 2971 viewsR17ALE

Stoke City ticket update on 18:59 - Jan 27 by isitme

The group of drug induced lads behind me seemed more interested in the latest in play odds and betting money on whether a free kick would lead to a corner. Each to their own I suppose. I would rather concentrate on the game. Maybe we could have a bookie stall in the ground to cater for their ilk?

Most of those fans wont come back for the Orient game for a number of reasons.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2015 18:59]

But some might.

We, as a club, seem to have a blind spot to advertising. Nobody seems to understand its worth.

The 7500 gate didn't just happen, it happened because the tie was in the National media, which served as a constant advert.

We had 5500 home fans coming in and we didn't even give them a bloody fixture card.

We didn't even run a draw from them filling in their details on the back of the ticket which the club retains.

Like I said, the personnel do not understand ADVERTISING! They probably think it's marketing. Also something they don't understand.

Stoke City ticket update on 07:55 - Jan 28 with 2862 viewsisitme

Some might, which would be great. Probably some of the thousands who went to Wembley to watch the play off final became regular supporters as well.

It is much easier to promote the occasion of a big cup match than a run of the mill league game against opposition who may be deemed by some as 'unfashionable'. People who never or rarely watch live football will attend these one off events.

How to get them to come back is a tricky one. The club do use Twitter and probably Facebook to advertise forthcoming fixtures, as well as the official site. I also for some strange reason get two of the same email about upcoming fixtures, which as a season ticket holder I will be attending anyway. A lot of the advertising is aimed at the wrong people, namely those who attend games anyway.

Could the ticket for the Stoke City game have included the addresses of the club's official website, Facebook and Twitter accounts? The club probably doesn't have the budget for extensive advertising campaigns and the use of posters etc in the Town Centre is no effective (according to Andrew Kelly). Getting details from floating/first time supporters is important, but it needs to be easier for people to do and their needs to be an incentive. Sign up to our weekly newsletter and be entered into a draw for two tickets to a game against (our next home game). In the sign up box on the official website, which could be linked to from Twitter and Facebook could be a category box for how often they attend games. This could then be used to target specific offers/information. There is no point me receiving an email informing me about the next home league game, although information about season ticket renewals would be interesting. Should floating supporters receive information with a slightly different slant about season tickets than existing holders? Data, used correctly can be very powerful.

I suppose it is all about how can the club encourage people to move up a category in terms of their support - once in a blue moon to attend a few times a season, a few times a season supporter to attend half a dozen games and so on.

Targeting local sports clubs is a good idea, as is giving away free tickets to local primary schools, especially if they are linked in with accompanying adults being admitted at a reduced price.

There is no easy answer to increase our support. Rochdale is a poor town, there are many other teams to 'support' within the area and sections of the local community do not see attending live football as being part of their culture.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 7:56]
Stoke City ticket update on 10:44 - Jan 28 with 2769 views100notout

Stoke City ticket update on 23:09 - Jan 27 by R17ALE

But some might.

We, as a club, seem to have a blind spot to advertising. Nobody seems to understand its worth.

The 7500 gate didn't just happen, it happened because the tie was in the National media, which served as a constant advert.

We had 5500 home fans coming in and we didn't even give them a bloody fixture card.

We didn't even run a draw from them filling in their details on the back of the ticket which the club retains.

Like I said, the personnel do not understand ADVERTISING! They probably think it's marketing. Also something they don't understand.

Have you applied for the job Razz?

#headhunters'rus

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Stoke City ticket update on 21:45 - Jan 28 with 2630 viewsTVOS1907

Stoke City ticket update on 07:55 - Jan 28 by isitme

Some might, which would be great. Probably some of the thousands who went to Wembley to watch the play off final became regular supporters as well.

It is much easier to promote the occasion of a big cup match than a run of the mill league game against opposition who may be deemed by some as 'unfashionable'. People who never or rarely watch live football will attend these one off events.

How to get them to come back is a tricky one. The club do use Twitter and probably Facebook to advertise forthcoming fixtures, as well as the official site. I also for some strange reason get two of the same email about upcoming fixtures, which as a season ticket holder I will be attending anyway. A lot of the advertising is aimed at the wrong people, namely those who attend games anyway.

Could the ticket for the Stoke City game have included the addresses of the club's official website, Facebook and Twitter accounts? The club probably doesn't have the budget for extensive advertising campaigns and the use of posters etc in the Town Centre is no effective (according to Andrew Kelly). Getting details from floating/first time supporters is important, but it needs to be easier for people to do and their needs to be an incentive. Sign up to our weekly newsletter and be entered into a draw for two tickets to a game against (our next home game). In the sign up box on the official website, which could be linked to from Twitter and Facebook could be a category box for how often they attend games. This could then be used to target specific offers/information. There is no point me receiving an email informing me about the next home league game, although information about season ticket renewals would be interesting. Should floating supporters receive information with a slightly different slant about season tickets than existing holders? Data, used correctly can be very powerful.

I suppose it is all about how can the club encourage people to move up a category in terms of their support - once in a blue moon to attend a few times a season, a few times a season supporter to attend half a dozen games and so on.

Targeting local sports clubs is a good idea, as is giving away free tickets to local primary schools, especially if they are linked in with accompanying adults being admitted at a reduced price.

There is no easy answer to increase our support. Rochdale is a poor town, there are many other teams to 'support' within the area and sections of the local community do not see attending live football as being part of their culture.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2015 7:56]

I think the fact it's only being discussed in such depth on here is again very revealing.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stoke City ticket update on 22:12 - Jan 28 with 2580 viewsR17ALE

Stoke City ticket update on 10:44 - Jan 28 by 100notout

Have you applied for the job Razz?

#headhunters'rus

No. I'd have loved to taken on the role, but I've got my own outfit to run, which is very full time!

I'd love to conduct the interviews though!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024