Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City ticket update 18:50 - Jan 20 with 32769 viewsColDale

We're fast approaching the 4,000 mark for the number of tickets snapped up by Dale fans for Monday’s FA Cup fourth round tie v Stoke City at Spotland.

As well as buying person at the RAFC Ticket Office, supporters can also purchase tickets over the phone. Please note, however, that phone bookings must be made via the See Tickets Call Centre, which can be contacted on 01158960130. The call centre is open 24 hours a day. Booking fees apply.

Supporters are reminded that tie is ALL TICKET, therefore, you must purchase your tickets in advance of the day of the match. It is also reserved seating. Normal league prices apply

Supporters attending the game are asked to keep their ticket stubs. Should Dale progress to the fifth round of the FA Cup, fans with a ticket stub will have the benefit of priority purchase for that round.

Opening hours

Wednesday 21st January — 9am to 5pm

Thursday 22nd January — 9am to 5pm

Friday 23rd January — 9am to 5pm

Saturday 24th January — EXTRA OPENING — 10am to 4pm

Sunday 25th January - CLOSED
Stoke City ticket update on 19:11 - Jan 24 with 5303 viewsTVOS1907

Stoke City ticket update on 19:01 - Jan 24 by deeplishblue

Personally I have more concern that our staff are spending a bit of time with their families than worrying about whether we get an extra £100 worth of ticket sales. Regarding selling tickets on Monday - I suspect that that is police rules rather than Dale rules.

I could understand that if we reached this stage of the FA Cup every year. (Not including the last two, of course).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stoke City ticket update on 19:41 - Jan 24 with 5195 viewspedrodale

Stoke City ticket update on 17:52 - Jan 24 by deeplishblue

Can't agree with the above comments.
Office staff worked last Sunday and today. Fans have had 7 days to buy tickets and everyone deserves a day off. Why is there always people so keen to have a dig at the club? What about team Rochdale?

Oooo how awful. Wish I could work a few weekends overtime be very greatful. Sure the office staff get time off during the week anyways
Stoke City ticket update on 22:05 - Jan 24 with 4927 viewsTommoRAFC

Stoke City ticket update on 19:11 - Jan 24 by TVOS1907

I could understand that if we reached this stage of the FA Cup every year. (Not including the last two, of course).

Exactly, its only the one day, if the staff want to keep their jobs, they should be willing to work the extra time to help their employer get the tickets sold while there's a demand.

Or, if there is staff issues, ask for help on the OS for any volunteers with office experience to deal with the extra workload.

Also in reply to the Ob article, Is the 4,500 tickets sold just the estimate home tickets sold?

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Stoke City ticket update on 23:37 - Jan 24 with 4780 viewspioneer

Office staff worked last Sunday and today. Fans have had 7 days to buy tickets and everyone deserves a day off. Why is there always people so keen to have a dig at the club? What about team Rochdale?

pathetic...if office staff arent interested in worlking overtime at a time like this then they do not share the ambition of the fans and manager.

So dont let that stop us...employ some additional temporary staff...the are plenty of folks in need of work at the moment...and who knows they might do a better job than the M-F crowd.
Stoke City ticket update on 23:44 - Jan 24 with 4764 viewsDaleFan7

Very poor. They say they want more fans and more people to come. They want fans to help move the snow and help cover the pitch. Yet they won't open for a few hours the day before the biggest game of the season for said fans to buy a ticket.
Stoke City ticket update on 00:45 - Jan 25 with 4721 viewsbatfink

This was a great opportunity for the club to increase revenue from the Crawley game and to market the fact we are hosting a decent top flight team (officially in world top 30 richest) in the greatest club competition in the world, poor show by those making the decisions, new marketing spot needs filling asap.
As for closing a block of the Pearl St for safety all I can say is that is complete boll****, take a look at tonights motd if you dont believe me, it took just one row of stewards to keep city and boro fans apart today. There is a fence bestween Pearl St and Wilbutts so surely a handful of stewards is all it would take? Same police force too so I am not having its on their say so.
Lets hope those in power allow home fans to purchase tickets on Monday as I'm sure there will be more wanting to come, especially after the results so far, a couple of staff for a few hours on monday and a bit of online advertising to get some happy fans (that will possibly come to more games) isn't really too much to expect from a professional club, is it?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 1:13]
Stoke City ticket update on 01:13 - Jan 25 with 4661 viewsD_Alien

Stoke City ticket update on 00:45 - Jan 25 by batfink

This was a great opportunity for the club to increase revenue from the Crawley game and to market the fact we are hosting a decent top flight team (officially in world top 30 richest) in the greatest club competition in the world, poor show by those making the decisions, new marketing spot needs filling asap.
As for closing a block of the Pearl St for safety all I can say is that is complete boll****, take a look at tonights motd if you dont believe me, it took just one row of stewards to keep city and boro fans apart today. There is a fence bestween Pearl St and Wilbutts so surely a handful of stewards is all it would take? Same police force too so I am not having its on their say so.
Lets hope those in power allow home fans to purchase tickets on Monday as I'm sure there will be more wanting to come, especially after the results so far, a couple of staff for a few hours on monday and a bit of online advertising to get some happy fans (that will possibly come to more games) isn't really too much to expect from a professional club, is it?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 1:13]

Your point about segregation of fans has been made many times. Unfortunately, the people who matter at the club seem to be unable to communicate well enough to provide any rationale behind what otherwise appear to be arbitrary and ill-considered decisions.

It may well be that the club feel victimised by GMP. Little Rochdale indeed.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stoke City ticket update on 01:27 - Jan 25 with 4639 viewsbatfink

Lets hope the official numbers are like those for the Leeds game last year because I'm pretty sure it would have been impossible to get another 2000 in to reach capacity, or am I just too cynical?
Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City ticket update on 03:30 - Jan 25 with 4577 viewspioneer

I was going to sugest we could ask for explanations through the trust but since the people making the decisions about ticket selling are also the people on the trust board I have little hope of getting a sensible reply. They clearly dont know what mwtters to supporters.

I hope they enjoy their sunday off.
Stoke City ticket update on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 4438 views442Dale

Stoke City ticket update on 03:30 - Jan 25 by pioneer

I was going to sugest we could ask for explanations through the trust but since the people making the decisions about ticket selling are also the people on the trust board I have little hope of getting a sensible reply. They clearly dont know what mwtters to supporters.

I hope they enjoy their sunday off.

Think that's a bit unfair. As posted elsewhere, there's no reason why issues raised by Trust members and fans can't be put to the Trust to capitalise on their positive links with the club.

So far, from some of the things brought up by supporters on here, how about these questions:

*Why couldn't tickets have been put on general sale straight after the Crawley game to allow fans attending the game to buy tickets?

*Why couldn't there have been a 'crossover period' where tickets were on general sale, but with Season Ticket holders still having their seats/space reserved for a few more days? This would have seen anyone able to buy tickets on the day of the Crawley game. ( Something similar happened v Sheff Wed last season:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/facup-r4-details-1284564.aspx
All fans were able to buy tickets when we played Plymouth the week before, with Season Ticket reservations in place until close of business after that game)

*Why could Stoke fans buy tickets on the day of the game yet home fans couldn't? Also what had changed which now means Trust members can't buy tickets on the day of a game?

*What were the advantages of using a telesales company rather than selling them over the phone at the club?

*Are the club happy with how the telesales idea went and will feedback be sought from fans who used the service?

*What was the percentage of non/semi regulars buying tickets and what follow up plans are in place to attract them back in the future?

--------

Again, if you think those questions cover it or want other things bringing up, I'm more than happy to stick them together to give to the Trust.(Gives me a reason to stop going through lower league kit clashes with TalkingSutty in the Dale Bar and go over to the Trust desk.)

As fans we have our part to play, it's not to just moan and hope things change but to use the avenues available to make a positive impression for the benefit of everyone - specifically the club and its supporters, whether they be loyal fans of many years or a family attending for the very first time.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:01]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stoke City ticket update on 10:47 - Jan 25 with 4297 viewstazzydjr

Stoke City ticket update on 01:13 - Jan 25 by D_Alien

Your point about segregation of fans has been made many times. Unfortunately, the people who matter at the club seem to be unable to communicate well enough to provide any rationale behind what otherwise appear to be arbitrary and ill-considered decisions.

It may well be that the club feel victimised by GMP. Little Rochdale indeed.

The one's to blame for this segregation are the Biffo Fans who were in the Pearl Street home end not the Rochdale Fans "the club feel victimised by GMP" i completely agree with your statement what makes it worse were the idiot biffo's who were in the Pearl had previously done this at Stockport County meaning they were known to them

Another subject is why weren't these Biffo nutcase's arrested and banned as soon they entered the turnstiles?

Why weren't Rochdale Fans complaints acted upon?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:48]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Stoke City ticket update on 13:10 - Jan 25 with 4096 viewspioneer

Stoke City ticket update on 09:32 - Jan 25 by 442Dale

Think that's a bit unfair. As posted elsewhere, there's no reason why issues raised by Trust members and fans can't be put to the Trust to capitalise on their positive links with the club.

So far, from some of the things brought up by supporters on here, how about these questions:

*Why couldn't tickets have been put on general sale straight after the Crawley game to allow fans attending the game to buy tickets?

*Why couldn't there have been a 'crossover period' where tickets were on general sale, but with Season Ticket holders still having their seats/space reserved for a few more days? This would have seen anyone able to buy tickets on the day of the Crawley game. ( Something similar happened v Sheff Wed last season:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/facup-r4-details-1284564.aspx
All fans were able to buy tickets when we played Plymouth the week before, with Season Ticket reservations in place until close of business after that game)

*Why could Stoke fans buy tickets on the day of the game yet home fans couldn't? Also what had changed which now means Trust members can't buy tickets on the day of a game?

*What were the advantages of using a telesales company rather than selling them over the phone at the club?

*Are the club happy with how the telesales idea went and will feedback be sought from fans who used the service?

*What was the percentage of non/semi regulars buying tickets and what follow up plans are in place to attract them back in the future?

--------

Again, if you think those questions cover it or want other things bringing up, I'm more than happy to stick them together to give to the Trust.(Gives me a reason to stop going through lower league kit clashes with TalkingSutty in the Dale Bar and go over to the Trust desk.)

As fans we have our part to play, it's not to just moan and hope things change but to use the avenues available to make a positive impression for the benefit of everyone - specifically the club and its supporters, whether they be loyal fans of many years or a family attending for the very first time.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 10:01]

a comprehensive list of questions I would only add

given the high number of all ticket games in recent seasons why are we still waiting for on line ticket system like most other professional clubs?
Stoke City ticket update on 13:53 - Jan 25 with 4007 views442Dale

Stoke City ticket update on 13:10 - Jan 25 by pioneer

given the high number of all ticket games in recent seasons why are we still waiting for on line ticket system like most other professional clubs?

Will include a query about online ticketing.

With the game tomorrow there could be further issues and also positive feedback around some of the points brought up by fans so far, with that in mind anyone feel free to add more to the list.

Edit. The point about potential issues at the game are covered by D_Alien's post below - we might not be aware until the night about some situations.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 13:55]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stoke City ticket update on 13:53 - Jan 25 with 4008 viewsD_Alien

Stoke City ticket update on 13:10 - Jan 25 by pioneer

And I'd add:

When certain sections of the ground are partitioned off for particular games, please provide a brief rationale so customers who might've wished to take their usual places will understand and not be seen as moaners.

[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 13:55]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stoke City ticket update on 14:27 - Jan 25 with 3926 viewsolympicdale

I can understand the club only taking phone bookings today, but I don't understand why we wouldn't make tickets available tomorrow, what's wrong with opening say 10-4/5pm, surely we need to maximise the potential to bring fans in.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:27]

Life is a game of fate.

Stoke City ticket update on 14:43 - Jan 25 with 3863 viewsdingdangblue

Stoke City ticket update on 14:27 - Jan 25 by olympicdale

I can understand the club only taking phone bookings today, but I don't understand why we wouldn't make tickets available tomorrow, what's wrong with opening say 10-4/5pm, surely we need to maximise the potential to bring fans in.
[Post edited 25 Jan 2015 14:27]

Agreed - this is a crazy decision by whoever decided this. As has been said previously Stoke City are making tickets available to fans tomorrow so it can't be a police request. I can guarantee there will be messages all over social media tomorrow from people looking for a ticket last minute.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stoke City ticket update on 15:02 - Jan 25 with 3818 viewsolympicdale

Stoke City ticket update on 14:43 - Jan 25 by dingdangblue

Agreed - this is a crazy decision by whoever decided this. As has been said previously Stoke City are making tickets available to fans tomorrow so it can't be a police request. I can guarantee there will be messages all over social media tomorrow from people looking for a ticket last minute.

I can only imagine it would be on police advice, as the home team, do the police have to know by a specific time how many will be in attendance? but as you say, why would that be any different for away fans, interesting day tomorrow.

Life is a game of fate.

Stoke City ticket update on 16:55 - Jan 25 with 3610 views_dezzy

Off topic, But there was only 5928 at Blackburn v Swansea yesterday, That's low,

KHBA

Stoke City ticket update on 17:12 - Jan 25 with 3559 viewsalex_roch39

Any idea on how many tickets sold?
Stoke City ticket update on 17:40 - Jan 25 with 3484 viewsReedy

Stoke City ticket update on 17:12 - Jan 25 by alex_roch39

Any idea on how many tickets sold?

A mate of mine rung up for a ticket today for the Sandy, he said they had sold out - with people saying only a couple of seats in each block in Pearl St & Main Stand were free, I'd say we can't be far off capacity allowed (depending on how many Stoke have sold)

Blog: The FA Cup

Stoke City ticket update on 17:55 - Jan 25 with 3440 viewsBobbyjoe

A straw-poll of fans (i.e. a bloke on our street, whose season-ticket seat is in the end block of the Pearl Street, and who uses the hand-rail on said end-block to get to his seat!) reveals fans going bonkers when they see EVERY other ground in the country containing opposing fans separated by only a thin, orange line! The consideration shown to this eighty-odd-year old, long-standing (now sitting!) season-ticket holder has been nil.
Stoke City ticket update on 21:42 - Jan 25 with 3001 viewsKenBoon

Are people sure that the Willbutts Lane block of the Pearl Street is blocked off for 'safety' reasons? It seems mental. Going from the Pearl Street to the Away End you have a row of stewards and a scattering of Rozzers. Running, Geet big metal fence, running and more Stewards and Rozzers. Those French Parkour fellas couldn't even manage that without getting caught.
Stoke City ticket update on 22:13 - Jan 25 with 2926 viewssteofthedale

Stoke City ticket update on 14:43 - Jan 25 by dingdangblue

I presume it is unlikely that any Dale fans would make a trip to Stoke on Monday to purchase tickets in the away stand.

However, tickets sold in Rochdale on the day, could easily be purchased by away fans making the trip on the day of the game.

Given the issues we had with OAFC it seems a sensible and logical precaution not to sell tickets at Spotland on 26 January.

steofthedale*

Stoke City ticket update on 22:51 - Jan 25 with 2829 viewsDalenet

Normally you could see why we were worried about away fans buying tickets here on the day. But if they still have 1500 seats to sell, our club could sell their tickets at Spotland too knowing what they know today.

A bit short sighted in this day and age, but lets not forget that people have had plenty of time to call for tickets before today
Stoke City ticket update on 23:03 - Jan 25 with 2796 viewsDaley_Lama

100 posts!

Threads of such magnitude used to be celebrated with a raised bat....

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024