Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cambridge v united 19:56 - Jan 23 with 2466 viewsaleanddale

What a night for Cambridge - hope they can spring an upset.

Cambridge best squad in league 2 I recon. Should give a good account of themselves.
Cambridge v united on 19:59 - Jan 23 with 2459 views100notout

Empty seats behind the goals????? Amazing

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Cambridge v united on 20:03 - Jan 23 with 2442 viewsChaffRAFC

I like that Ryan Donaldson for Cambridge. Cracking player with loads of talent and I reckon Hilly could turn him into a star. If Done ever did leave, he'd be my first choice replacement.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Cambridge v united on 20:12 - Jan 23 with 2413 viewstazzydjr

I really hope these upset the Netherlands Vampire Van Gaal if it does happen i hope we avoid Cambridge United in the Last 16 Draw

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Cambridge v united on 20:30 - Jan 23 with 2353 viewsmacro

Cambridge v united on 19:59 - Jan 23 by 100notout

Empty seats behind the goals????? Amazing

Games a sell out
Cambridge v united on 21:30 - Jan 23 with 2220 viewsaleanddale

Enter Luke Chadwick.

Written in the stars??
Cambridge v united on 21:42 - Jan 23 with 2192 viewsnordenblue

Cambridge v united on 21:30 - Jan 23 by aleanddale

Enter Luke Chadwick.

Written in the stars??

United are absolutely atrocious to watch
Cambridge v united on 21:48 - Jan 23 with 2181 viewsDalenet

well done to them.
Cambridge v united on 21:59 - Jan 23 with 2124 viewsaleanddale

Cambridge v united on 21:48 - Jan 23 by Dalenet

well done to them.

One million pound payday at gold Trafford.

Congratulations Cambridge and well played.
Login to get fewer ads

Cambridge v united on 22:21 - Jan 23 with 2060 viewsDaley_Lama

Chickens.

Should've gone for the win, United were there for the taking

Poll: DF in or out

Cambridge v united on 23:05 - Jan 23 with 1964 viewsolympicdale

Donaldson man of the match, on a pitch including Falcao and Di-Maria. Fantastic for Cambridge!

Life is a game of fate.

Cambridge v united on 23:31 - Jan 23 with 1924 viewsThran

Considering how big the difference is between Cambridge United and Manchester United, this is fantastic for the Us but I can't help but look and this and further my opinion that Van Gaal is the most overrated manager I have seen in a long time, he's blaming the referees and the pitch for his side's poor performance, absolute bulls***.

Got hailed like a God when he was joining United, spent was it something like £150 million? I can't remember but I know it was a lot and he's doing just as bad as Moyes in terms of points per game.

Personally I like Moyes a lot and I think what happened to him last year was horrendous and he shouldn't have been hammered so much but bloody hell I hate Van Gaal!

Also he can't say 'Rangers' properly which is pretty hilarious.

Poll: Bigger drop, Wigan or Tranmere?

Cambridge v united on 23:52 - Jan 23 with 1880 viewsolympicdale

Cambridge v united on 23:31 - Jan 23 by Thran

Considering how big the difference is between Cambridge United and Manchester United, this is fantastic for the Us but I can't help but look and this and further my opinion that Van Gaal is the most overrated manager I have seen in a long time, he's blaming the referees and the pitch for his side's poor performance, absolute bulls***.

Got hailed like a God when he was joining United, spent was it something like £150 million? I can't remember but I know it was a lot and he's doing just as bad as Moyes in terms of points per game.

Personally I like Moyes a lot and I think what happened to him last year was horrendous and he shouldn't have been hammered so much but bloody hell I hate Van Gaal!

Also he can't say 'Rangers' properly which is pretty hilarious.

Moyes has beaten Barca already....easy...easy!

Life is a game of fate.

Cambridge v united on 00:25 - Jan 24 with 1843 viewsKenBoon

Louis van Gaal: "Every aspect of the match is against us - the pitch, the referee. Everything that you can think about this is against you"

What is he talking about? Absolutely classless. The pitch was fine. I bet his starting eleven combined earned more this evening than Cambridge United will spend a month on wages. I must have missed all the dangerous tackles, terrible offsides and certain penalties that the ref failed to give them.

Well done, Cambridge United.
Cambridge v united on 00:44 - Jan 24 with 1829 viewsDiddyDave

Awful game, though you can`t blame Cambridge for that. Good on them for getting the draw and a big pay day at Old Trafford, though doubt there`ll be a full house, but still surely a few hundred thousand to put in the bank and that`s what the cup`s all about for the minnows.
Cambridge v united on 00:47 - Jan 24 with 1828 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Made up for Cambridge and their fans tonight. Great game plan. Quite open first half and then they knew they were getting an onslaught second half.

Defensive positioning wise in the box was SUPERB. Manure managed to get a shed load of crosses in, but every time there was someone in the right place at the right time.

I've only just watched the Van Gaal interview about the pitch and the ref. What a clown. You barely see pitches of that quality in the lower leagues, it looked immaculate on the telly.
Cambridge v united on 04:22 - Jan 24 with 1769 viewsBazzanne

Same old Manure, never lose or draw a game because of the oppositions performance. Always due to Refs crowds pitches, the financial position in the Baltic States, the price of gold in Bolivia, etc, etc, etc. Can't stand the tw@ts. Every time they lose is cause for celebrations from me. Well done Cambridge U.
Cambridge v united on 07:06 - Jan 24 with 1741 viewsfrenzied

Cambridge v united on 00:44 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

Awful game, though you can`t blame Cambridge for that. Good on them for getting the draw and a big pay day at Old Trafford, though doubt there`ll be a full house, but still surely a few hundred thousand to put in the bank and that`s what the cup`s all about for the minnows.

Fully agree..dreadful game and the commentators attempts at bigging the whole thing up was embarrassing..pleased for Cambridge for the cash the replay will generate...but no cup classic im afraid.
Cambridge v united on 09:37 - Jan 24 with 1645 viewsregjenkins

Agree that the game was poor, but you have to admire Cambridge's defence.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Cambridge v united on 10:30 - Jan 24 with 1597 viewsDorsetDale

Cambridge v united on 07:06 - Jan 24 by frenzied

Fully agree..dreadful game and the commentators attempts at bigging the whole thing up was embarrassing..pleased for Cambridge for the cash the replay will generate...but no cup classic im afraid.

Thank fook you and DiddyDave have posted. Reading other comments, I thought I'd watched a different game!
United were terrible and Cambridge were worse. Generally speaking, when playing with 11 men behind the ball and the opposition intent on meaningless passing, it's hardly necessary to defend heroically, adequacy in these circumstances is enough. And yes, as in most games at any level, in any competition, there were one or two moments of jolly good defending.
As lama says, had Cambridge made more attempt to attack they may well have won the game. Evidence was there for all to see in five of the last 10 mins that Cambridge are capable (just about!) in that department.
Forget a big, fat replay payday, last night was their chance and IMO Cambridge came nowhere near stepping up to the plate.
If Dale adopt a similar game plan on Monday, there'll be a disappointed Spotland faithful - unless Calvin scores a last minute winner

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Cambridge v united on 10:47 - Jan 24 with 1575 viewsaleanddale

Cambridge v united on 10:30 - Jan 24 by DorsetDale

Thank fook you and DiddyDave have posted. Reading other comments, I thought I'd watched a different game!
United were terrible and Cambridge were worse. Generally speaking, when playing with 11 men behind the ball and the opposition intent on meaningless passing, it's hardly necessary to defend heroically, adequacy in these circumstances is enough. And yes, as in most games at any level, in any competition, there were one or two moments of jolly good defending.
As lama says, had Cambridge made more attempt to attack they may well have won the game. Evidence was there for all to see in five of the last 10 mins that Cambridge are capable (just about!) in that department.
Forget a big, fat replay payday, last night was their chance and IMO Cambridge came nowhere near stepping up to the plate.
If Dale adopt a similar game plan on Monday, there'll be a disappointed Spotland faithful - unless Calvin scores a last minute winner

What price Calvin 90+3 to win the game!!
Cambridge v united on 11:30 - Jan 24 with 1536 viewsD_Alien

Whilst the standard of football mightn't have been anything to write home about, to call it a dreadful game is to miss the essential spirit of FA cup football. I found it a fascinating watch, but then again I was watching it in the company of vested interests.

My partner's ex is a Cambridge supporter and was at the game, so their daughter was rooting for Cambridge whilst trying to spot him in the crowd. Her brother is a City fan and was also rooting for Cambridge. I was completely neutral, not being an irrational Man U hater, but it all made for a lively Friday night's viewing!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Cambridge v united on 11:58 - Jan 24 with 1495 viewstazzydjr

Dunno why people are worrying about Stoke City Nottingham Forest played far more talented players and lost the Potters are nothing special and nothing to worry about and we've got nothing to lose Monday Night most Premier League sides can't play football against teams with nothing to lose just look at Sheffield United

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Cambridge v united on 12:09 - Jan 24 with 1476 viewsTommoRAFC

Cambridge v united on 00:44 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

It won't be far off a full house as United fans have to pay for cup tickets as part of their season tickets.

Well done Cambridge, great result and the money from the televised replay should set the club up for years to come.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

Cambridge v united on 12:52 - Jan 24 with 1451 viewsTVOS1907

Cambridge v united on 11:58 - Jan 24 by tazzydjr

Dunno why people are worrying about Stoke City Nottingham Forest played far more talented players and lost the Potters are nothing special and nothing to worry about and we've got nothing to lose Monday Night most Premier League sides can't play football against teams with nothing to lose just look at Sheffield United

Nottingham Forest are more than a whole division lower than Stoke, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Cambridge v united on 13:02 - Jan 24 with 1428 viewsaleanddale

Cambridge v united on 11:58 - Jan 24 by tazzydjr

Pretty big gulf tazzy.

Fair play to stoke they have cemented there premiership spot for a fair few seasons!!

Just on talk sport Cambridge will net £1 300 000 just from round 4 with the replay at OT.

Cup run well over 1.5 million so far.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024