Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly speaks 14:59 - Mar 6 with 6411 viewsdingdangblue

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-we-wont-take-anything-for-granted

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hilly speaks on 15:21 - Mar 6 with 4597 viewsD_Alien

Sounds re-energised

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly speaks on 15:25 - Mar 6 with 4583 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly speaks on 15:21 - Mar 6 by D_Alien

Sounds re-energised

To be expected.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hilly speaks on 15:58 - Mar 6 with 4498 viewsSandy_lane_lad

We've had a bid rejected for a loan move for someone who Hill wanted to help improve this season and next season. Still looking to possibly bring people in. Good to know!
Hilly speaks on 17:26 - Mar 6 with 4313 viewsAtThePeake

Sounds re-energised

Re-synergised, some would say.

Tangled up in blue.

Hilly speaks on 17:42 - Mar 6 with 4257 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wander who the player is that we bid for.......?

[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 17:50]
Hilly speaks on 17:47 - Mar 6 with 4232 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly speaks on 17:42 - Mar 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

It was the other way around, we bid for a player but it was rejected.
Hilly speaks on 17:51 - Mar 6 with 4214 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hilly speaks on 17:47 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

Thanks......noted it now........I presumed the "big hitters" were eyeing up our kids.
Hilly speaks on 18:21 - Mar 6 with 4142 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly speaks on 17:42 - Mar 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Noticed Tom Eaves was on Bolton bench recently and he's had more loans than Stu Day - maybe its our turn to look at him?

Login to get fewer ads

Hilly speaks on 18:24 - Mar 6 with 4137 viewsSandy_lane_lad

Hilly speaks on 17:47 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

Apologies for my poor mis-wording of that sentence!
Hilly speaks on 18:44 - Mar 6 with 4067 views442Dale

Sounds re-energised

Highlighted quote on the back page of the Ob "I feel a bit de-energised to be honest - there is no atmosphere at the club and I do feel a bit empty at times"

I don't care what the intention is, the pressure may well be taken off the players, but the tone of that article in the town's local newspaper is a PR nightmare for a football club.

Also, I do hope the reporter who wrote it questioned Hill in depth about his comments rather than use an interview to create a story. The Observer may well be rubbish, it may well be on its way out with less and less people reading it, but while it continues to exist serious thought has to be given to how the club uses it to promote themselves to the general public. Why would any casual fan read that in the morning and think "might pop to Spotland today, things sound good"?

And while we're at it, why is this page not up to date?
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/all-about/rochdale-fc
Bury's page has a preview of tomorrow's game and a report from Tuesday night. Does whoever it is who covers Dale have any pride in their work to ensure supporters have regular online content?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2015 19:09]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hilly speaks on 19:32 - Mar 6 with 3949 viewsnordenblue

Hilly speaks on 18:44 - Mar 6 by 442Dale

Highlighted quote on the back page of the Ob "I feel a bit de-energised to be honest - there is no atmosphere at the club and I do feel a bit empty at times"

I don't care what the intention is, the pressure may well be taken off the players, but the tone of that article in the town's local newspaper is a PR nightmare for a football club.

Also, I do hope the reporter who wrote it questioned Hill in depth about his comments rather than use an interview to create a story. The Observer may well be rubbish, it may well be on its way out with less and less people reading it, but while it continues to exist serious thought has to be given to how the club uses it to promote themselves to the general public. Why would any casual fan read that in the morning and think "might pop to Spotland today, things sound good"?

Bury's page has a preview of tomorrow's game and a report from Tuesday night. Does whoever it is who covers Dale have any pride in their work to ensure supporters have regular online content?

Everytime ive looked at the MEN online, Stockport(!!!!) and burys match report is online almost within hours of the final whistle yet no coverage whatsoever about Dale.
Hilly speaks on 19:35 - Mar 6 with 3944 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly speaks on 18:24 - Mar 6 by Sandy_lane_lad

Apologies for my poor mis-wording of that sentence!

Didn't read your post, it happens.
Hilly speaks on 19:36 - Mar 6 with 3939 views442Dale

Hilly speaks on 19:32 - Mar 6 by nordenblue

Everytime ive looked at the MEN online, Stockport(!!!!) and burys match report is online almost within hours of the final whistle yet no coverage whatsoever about Dale.

Do the club not query this with the MEN journalist who has responsibility for us? It's free promotion that's not being capitalised upon.

Definitely something worth bringing up with new Marketing Manager when they start.

Hilly speaks on 19:44 - Mar 6 with 3909 viewsTalkingSutty

It's the reporters job to create a headline and when our manager hands it to him on a plate why should the reporter worry about investigating the outburst, it could dilute his headline.

Hilly will always portray to the media that the glass is half empty at little old Rochdale, it's like he is doing us all a favour.There will always be a problem and I have my own thoughts why he does it, which I will keep to myself because I might be wrong.
Hilly speaks on 20:00 - Mar 6 with 3855 viewsdingdangblue

Where has this "empty" quote come from? Usually the Ob is just made up of what we've already read on the official site or what Hilly has said on Dale Player? He doesn't usually do separate interviews does he?

Hilly speaks on 20:02 - Mar 6 with 3849 viewsSaxonDale

Hilly speaks on 20:00 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

Where has this "empty" quote come from? Usually the Ob is just made up of what we've already read on the official site or what Hilly has said on Dale Player? He doesn't usually do separate interviews does he?

It's a direct quote from Hill's post Crewe interview on Daleplayer.
Hilly speaks on 20:13 - Mar 6 with 3819 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly speaks on 20:02 - Mar 6 by SaxonDale

It's a direct quote from Hill's post Crewe interview on Daleplayer.

Right, surprised its not been mentioned on here since Tuesday, all we got was the "1992 fans expecting us to beat Colchester 8-0" bollox.

Hilly speaks on 20:16 - Mar 6 with 3803 views442Dale

Hilly speaks on 20:13 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

Right, surprised its not been mentioned on here since Tuesday, all we got was the "1992 fans expecting us to beat Colchester 8-0" bollox.

The Observer has that as "1,192".

Hilly speaks on 20:20 - Mar 6 with 3785 viewsdingdangblue

Hilly speaks on 20:16 - Mar 6 by 442Dale

The Observer has that as "1,192".

No wonder Hilly feels empty.

Hilly speaks on 20:27 - Mar 6 with 3769 views442Dale

Hilly speaks on 20:20 - Mar 6 by dingdangblue

No wonder Hilly feels empty.

Bit like the "things to do" list for local journalists.

Hilly speaks on 20:46 - Mar 6 with 3721 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly speaks on 19:44 - Mar 6 by TalkingSutty

It's the reporters job to create a headline and when our manager hands it to him on a plate why should the reporter worry about investigating the outburst, it could dilute his headline.

Hilly will always portray to the media that the glass is half empty at little old Rochdale, it's like he is doing us all a favour.There will always be a problem and I have my own thoughts why he does it, which I will keep to myself because I might be wrong.

If that local paper was The Sun, then fair enough, but it's the ROCHDALE Observer and it should also be part of their role to help the club by encouraging people to go to games.

The club and the paper are too small to not work together like that.

Just quoting what Hill said in an interview three days ago and turning into some sort of exclusive scoop is lazy journalism.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly speaks on 20:49 - Mar 6 with 3718 viewstazzydjr

Can't stand MEN Sports Journalists I'm more qualified then them lazy manc idiots

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

Hilly speaks on 20:58 - Mar 6 with 3692 viewsTVOS1907

Hilly speaks on 20:49 - Mar 6 by tazzydjr

Can't stand MEN Sports Journalists I'm more qualified then them lazy manc idiots

I bet you're not.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hilly speaks on 22:16 - Mar 6 with 3543 viewsR17ALE

Hilly speaks on 20:58 - Mar 6 by TVOS1907

I bet you're not.

Maybe, but I'm sure all of us would prefer Tazzy to Partington. Can you imagine the sales increase if Tazzy's Away day reviews were on the back page? Or the front page?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hilly speaks on 22:31 - Mar 6 with 3503 viewsdalenumber2

Hilly speaks on 22:16 - Mar 6 by R17ALE

Maybe, but I'm sure all of us would prefer Tazzy to Partington. Can you imagine the sales increase if Tazzy's Away day reviews were on the back page? Or the front page?

That would be awesome. Can't stand much of the press - the Rochdale Observer is rock-bottom.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024