Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cider 08:49 - Jul 11 with 8318 viewsMark1

Who's into cider on here and any good uns they would recommend - it is summer after all!!
Cider on 08:59 - Jul 11 with 7010 viewsPunteR

White lightning.

I'm getting flashbacks and a headache just thinking about that stuff. Shame its put me off cider for life as there seems to be some really nice stuff about these days.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Cider on 10:45 - Jul 11 with 6936 viewsjohncharles

If you live anywhere near by, the Ealing Beer Festival has a good range of ciders and perrys. And 200 beers. Last day today.
I went yesterday which is why I'm still in bed just now.

Strong and stable my arse.

Cider on 11:11 - Jul 11 with 6914 viewscyprusmel

Merrydown Dry made in Sussex 7.5% very good but not often available over here.
Cider on 11:24 - Jul 11 with 6900 viewsBlackCrowe

Henney's Frome cider - can get it in Sainsburys and wait rose. Bliss stuff.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Cider on 11:29 - Jul 11 with 6886 viewsRickyDicky

Stowford press is very good.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Cider on 11:42 - Jul 11 with 6871 viewsloftboy

Out of the commercial stuff I find Gaymers original very nice on a hot day.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cider on 13:10 - Jul 11 with 6815 viewsBromleyHoop

Henry Westons Oak aged Vintage, 8.2% a lovely drop of stuff.

It's sad that a lot of the older English cider makers are being squeezed out of the market by that sickeningly sweet girlie cider from Sweden (can't remember the name) or Passion fruit and papaya cider Old Mout from New Zealand. The bigger brewery's are muscling in on the growing cider market with a very very substandard product ie Stella Artois.

Buy British!!

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Cider on 13:19 - Jul 11 with 6802 viewsE17hoop

Aspall Suffolk organic 7%. Light fizz, dry, subtle fruit flavour.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Login to get fewer ads

Cider on 13:29 - Jul 11 with 6789 viewsE17hoop

Cider on 13:10 - Jul 11 by BromleyHoop

Henry Westons Oak aged Vintage, 8.2% a lovely drop of stuff.

It's sad that a lot of the older English cider makers are being squeezed out of the market by that sickeningly sweet girlie cider from Sweden (can't remember the name) or Passion fruit and papaya cider Old Mout from New Zealand. The bigger brewery's are muscling in on the growing cider market with a very very substandard product ie Stella Artois.

Buy British!!

Rekorderlig? Might be bottled by Fullers I think.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Cider on 14:34 - Jul 11 with 6724 viewsconnell10

magners or cidre over ice lovely! aldi also do a very nice devon cider at 99p for a pint glass!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Cider on 14:50 - Jul 11 with 6701 viewsCamberleyR

Proper cider you have to go to Somerset for. I've got family who live in Chard and they live a few miles from a cider mill and the stuff they do there which you can draw straight from the barrell and buy is like nectar. Forget all the mass produced Stella/Magners stuff, it's like chalk and cheese after you've tasted this.

http://www.perryscider.co.uk/

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cider on 20:29 - Jul 11 with 6591 viewsichbinnaughty

Cheddar Valley.
Naughty brew from Somerset I think.
Cloudy, tasty and makes you laugh like a drain.
Cider on 20:31 - Jul 11 with 6588 viewsSimonJames

Cheddar Valley is my favourite... as long as I don't go past 6 pints.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Cider on 20:38 - Jul 11 with 6580 viewsdannyblue

Among things that you can get reasonably easily it's Henney's vintage for me. Good flavour, dry, and still.
Cider on 20:45 - Jul 11 with 6561 viewsINFIRMARY

Rattler Cider - mind altering

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Cider on 20:48 - Jul 11 with 6555 viewsKernowRanger

Any of the Westons Ciders for me-Mortimers Orchard is probably my favourite, but they're all pretty lovely!
Cider on 21:28 - Jul 11 with 6508 viewsloftboy

Cider on 14:50 - Jul 11 by CamberleyR

Proper cider you have to go to Somerset for. I've got family who live in Chard and they live a few miles from a cider mill and the stuff they do there which you can draw straight from the barrell and buy is like nectar. Forget all the mass produced Stella/Magners stuff, it's like chalk and cheese after you've tasted this.

Years ago my sister lived in Taunton, a cider mill was bang opposite her house, they sold scrumpy in imitation stone flagons, blow your head off stuff.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Cider on 21:35 - Jul 11 with 6503 viewsToast_R

Lidl started selling Sheppys. Pretty strong but good stuff. First had it at The Compass in Swanage
Cider on 22:55 - Jul 11 with 6465 viewsHunterhoop

Sheppys is the real deal. Been to their brewery a while. Real Somerset stuff rarely found.
Cider on 22:55 - Jul 11 with 6464 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cider on 14:50 - Jul 11 by CamberleyR

Herefordshire, parts of Worcestershire and Gloucestershire as much as Somerset, in fact for proper perry it pretty much has to be Glos or maybe Worcestershire.

In principle you're right, mass-produced vs farm-gate cider is like Watney's Red Barrel vs London Pride.
Cider on 00:53 - Jul 12 with 6425 viewsWindsorHoopMan

Thatchers gold, drink that. Never ever drink magners it's 80 percent added water and 20 juice, that's why they say add ice, because if you don't it tastes horrible
Cider on 07:29 - Jul 12 with 6383 viewsbatmanhoop

I'm now living in Devon. Amazed at the 'cider houses' that were once here. No wonder they're all closed down, most of the locals are barmy. Still plenty of places producing cider, one a couple of miles away in Musbury
Cider on 07:30 - Jul 12 with 6381 viewsbatmanhoop

Cider on 00:53 - Jul 12 by WindsorHoopMan

Thatchers gold, drink that. Never ever drink magners it's 80 percent added water and 20 juice, that's why they say add ice, because if you don't it tastes horrible

isn't Magners and Bulmers the same?
Cider on 16:17 - Jul 12 with 6264 viewsCiderwithRsie

Cider on 07:30 - Jul 12 by batmanhoop

isn't Magners and Bulmers the same?

With all due respect to Brian McCarthy and others on here, the clue is in the fact that Magners is marketed as Irish.

Ireland has never been a cider-making country on a serious scale, any more than the north of England has, the climate is not right for it.
Cider on 18:02 - Jul 12 with 6225 viewswestolian

Personal choice but cheap and flat over fizzy for me.

Cyderkline (sp) is good but locally you struggle to get decent cider - Thatchers and Stowford Press the best I think

Anything served in a white plastic bottle that looks more like like WD40 should be bought immediately

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024