Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ed stewpot dies 16:56 - Jan 9 with 4342 viewsQPRDEL

yet another person from my youth dies,
Good memorys rip
ed stewpot dies on 17:02 - Jan 9 with 4293 viewsflynnbo

Not another one from my youth gone. Can't have been that old. RIP.
ed stewpot dies on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 4187 viewsCamberleyR

ed stewpot dies on 17:02 - Jan 9 by flynnbo

Not another one from my youth gone. Can't have been that old. RIP.

74. Died a few days after having a stroke apparently. RIP Stewpot.

http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/sounds/hello_darling.mp3

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

ed stewpot dies on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 4129 viewsbosh67

RIP to a decent man and a Crackerjack legend. RIP

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ed stewpot dies on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 4113 viewsrrrspricey

ed stewpot dies on 17:50 - Jan 9 by bosh67

RIP to a decent man and a Crackerjack legend. RIP

Crackerjack!

RIP Stewpot
[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 18:09]
ed stewpot dies on 17:52 - Jan 9 with 4111 viewsPinnerR

I used to drink with his brother, Mike, in The Rose and Crown in Oxford in the mid 70s. RIP Ed.
ed stewpot dies on 18:11 - Jan 9 with 4059 viewsSimonJames

Nice bloke:

100% of people who drink water will die.

ed stewpot dies on 18:18 - Jan 9 with 4032 viewsMrSheen

ed stewpot dies on 17:52 - Jan 9 by PinnerR

I used to drink with his brother, Mike, in The Rose and Crown in Oxford in the mid 70s. RIP Ed.

Funny you mention Oxford. I saw Ed at the old Manor ground the night Everton tossed away the league in 1986. He was a big Evertonian.
ed stewpot dies on 19:38 - Jan 9 with 3916 viewsBucksRanger

I once spent the afternoon with him at Loftus Road in the 87/88 season. I'd won a competition to be chauffeur driven to Loftus Road, watch the QPR v Everton game, and dine in one of the boxes there. Ed and his wife were there as guests too. They were pleasant companions from memory and we all somehow wangled a visit to the team changing rooms before the game. Think that was the day's highlight for my wife who had very limited interest in football.

The only blot on the day was Ed and his wife asking for all the leftover food to be bagged up so they could take it home with them after the game. Thought that was a bit weird.

Seem to remember QPR beat Everton that day so maybe the leftover food was a consolation prize for the two of them.
Login to get fewer ads

ed stewpot dies on 21:14 - Jan 9 with 3811 viewsRoller

I've fond memories of listening to Stewpot on Saturday mornings as he played "classics" such as Grocer Jack and Lily the Pink.

Sad day, RIP Ed.
ed stewpot dies on 11:27 - Jan 10 with 3645 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I am particularly saddened by this because I also met the guy on several occasions.

Some will recall that he used to do a segment on his Saturday radio show, where he visited childrens' wards in hospitals. Having spent a lot of time in hospitals during the 70s, it was almost inevitable that our paths would cross and I actually appeared a couple of times on his radio show.

Then one day, the hospital called and said that Ed wanted me to appear on his new show on ITV. I think I went on it a couple of times, once drowning out Roger Whittaker singing 'Durham Town'.

He was such a nice bloke and the thing I recall most in those hospital wards, was how he and his team livened the place up for nurses and little ones alike.

With so many celebs from the 70s abusing their positions and ruining so many lives, Ed Stewart was nothing but a really decent guy and even as a kid, you could tell he wasn't pretentious at all.

RIP

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

ed stewpot dies on 11:37 - Jan 10 with 3632 viewsfrancisbowles

The earliest radio show I remember listening to as a young child in the sixties was Ed's Junior Choice. A mixture of Pop and Novelty records like the 'Laughing Policeman'
RIP
ed stewpot dies on 14:12 - Jan 10 with 3591 viewsMonahoop

ed stewpot dies on 11:37 - Jan 10 by francisbowles

The earliest radio show I remember listening to as a young child in the sixties was Ed's Junior Choice. A mixture of Pop and Novelty records like the 'Laughing Policeman'
RIP

For me Ed will always be synonymous with songs like Laughing Policeman and already mentioned songs, Grocer Jack and Lily the Pink and songs by Dave Dee, Dosey, Beaky, Mick and Titch. All part of my 60's childhood. A real gentleman by all accounts. RIP.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024