Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Pierre 20:06 - Jan 20 with 11831 viewsMarc

We're rumoured to be interested in the lad

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/20/report-queens-park-rangers-want-wycombe-wan

Anyone know anything about him/seen him play?
Aaron Pierre on 20:12 - Jan 20 with 8430 viewsGloucs_R

Yeah, am sure he plays for Wycombe.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Aaron Pierre on 20:33 - Jan 20 with 8339 viewsaston_hoop

I know nothing about him but the picture makes him look like a new Big Dan in the making and his wiki seems to suggest he is from Southall and was originally released by Brentford so pretty much a local lad.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Aaron Pierre on 09:52 - Jan 21 with 7932 viewsrsonist

Sounds like the sort we should be after. As a CB though he'll be behind Onuoha and Hall whatever happens so I don't know if it would be the wisest move on anyone's part. Brentford OTOH are probably about to sell Tarkowski so I expect he'll go back there.
Aaron Pierre on 09:59 - Jan 21 with 7904 viewsadhoc_qpr

Not a position we're desperately short in, but if we've identified him as a talent then why not go and get him now?

Also we will be embargoed at some point surely, so makes sense to plan ahead a bit.
Aaron Pierre on 10:49 - Jan 21 with 7825 viewsIrishR

Has Harriman not been their stand out performer this year? he looks like a good shout :P
Aaron Pierre on 11:08 - Jan 21 with 7781 viewsMarc

Aaron Pierre on 09:52 - Jan 21 by rsonist

Sounds like the sort we should be after. As a CB though he'll be behind Onuoha and Hall whatever happens so I don't know if it would be the wisest move on anyone's part. Brentford OTOH are probably about to sell Tarkowski so I expect he'll go back there.

If he's decent then no reason why he cant oust one of them at some point down the line.

You'd have to think Hill will be contemplating retirement this summer, and with Angella returning to Watford, that will leave us with two senior CBs. Unless i'm missing someone?
Aaron Pierre on 12:11 - Jan 21 with 7678 viewsrsonist

22 to me just seems the exact age where you don't want to be keeping a player in a reserve squad. Younger or older yes but 21-24 they should be playing regularly at whatever level in my opinion.

Wouldn't be averse to signing him then loaning him out for a year though.
Aaron Pierre on 13:21 - Jan 21 with 7575 viewsR_from_afar

I've seen him play for Wycombe 7 or 8 times. I'm not sure how he will cope with the faster pace of the Championship but he always looks very comfortable and assured when he plays for The Chairboys. He is very strong and a real rock at the back, imperious in the air too, as you would probably expect.

Could have potential. There, see, I've jinxed him.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Pierre on 13:45 - Jan 21 with 7522 viewsMarc

From the article:

'Gareth Ainsworth’s side are keen to keep hold of Pierre, but they do not have the financial power to hold off Championship clubs, should big offers be made.'

What do we think would constitute a large fee to a club like Wycombe, something in the region of 250-500k?
Aaron Pierre on 14:24 - Jan 21 with 7467 viewsjamois

Aaron Pierre on 11:08 - Jan 21 by Marc

If he's decent then no reason why he cant oust one of them at some point down the line.

You'd have to think Hill will be contemplating retirement this summer, and with Angella returning to Watford, that will leave us with two senior CBs. Unless i'm missing someone?

I'm probably one of the few on this board who is not a fan of the "Chief". I really don't understand the fuss and would love to see someone with better potential come in and oust him. I think, at least I like to think, it's a realistic prospect.

As far as I can work out, Onuoha appears to be lauded for the fact that he's good at last-ditch saving tackles and being a back-up at right-back. And for having a lovely tender relationship with his late mother who raised him all by herself etc. Oh, and he's well-mannered. And so somehow, with a lack of other options and a lack of 'good sorts' he was made captain. But on the downside his positional sense is poor, he cannot trap the ball, he cannot pass the ball and he is easily outwitted. In addition he's not a good leader of men on the pitch to the point of being almost anonymous. You cannot be a leader by example type if you're not very good.

So yeah, new young centre back, bring it on!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Aaron Pierre on 14:30 - Jan 21 with 7455 viewsJonDoeman

Aaron Pierre on 14:24 - Jan 21 by jamois

I'm probably one of the few on this board who is not a fan of the "Chief". I really don't understand the fuss and would love to see someone with better potential come in and oust him. I think, at least I like to think, it's a realistic prospect.

As far as I can work out, Onuoha appears to be lauded for the fact that he's good at last-ditch saving tackles and being a back-up at right-back. And for having a lovely tender relationship with his late mother who raised him all by herself etc. Oh, and he's well-mannered. And so somehow, with a lack of other options and a lack of 'good sorts' he was made captain. But on the downside his positional sense is poor, he cannot trap the ball, he cannot pass the ball and he is easily outwitted. In addition he's not a good leader of men on the pitch to the point of being almost anonymous. You cannot be a leader by example type if you're not very good.

Always been well overrated on here .

It Is What It Is !!

Aaron Pierre on 15:42 - Jan 21 with 7386 viewsichbinnaughty

Aaron Pierre on 14:24 - Jan 21 by jamois

Harsh. Very harsh on Chief.

When played in his position, he is a consistently decent and decently consistent performer.
Yes he makes some mistakes, who doesn't; but a) he's human, and b) perhaps why he's still wearing the Hoops.

Absolutely no need to level criticism at him.
Not when there are at least 5 other contenders far more deserving.
Aaron Pierre on 15:50 - Jan 21 with 7356 viewsBrianMcCarthy

For some reason I read 'Aaron Pierre' and I think of 'Anton Rodgers'. I hope we're not signing him. He looked way past his 'French Fields' best in 'May to December'.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Aaron Pierre on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 7310 viewsClive_Anderson

Aaron Pierre on 09:59 - Jan 21 by adhoc_qpr

Not a position we're desperately short in, but if we've identified him as a talent then why not go and get him now?

Also we will be embargoed at some point surely, so makes sense to plan ahead a bit.

I disagree. We've bought loads of players "for the future", never played them, loaned them out and then let them fall out of contract when it runs out.

Players should be bought to be played, by not playing them it ruins their careers whilst costing us a fortune.
Aaron Pierre on 16:03 - Jan 21 with 7277 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 15:59 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

I disagree. We've bought loads of players "for the future", never played them, loaned them out and then let them fall out of contract when it runs out.

Players should be bought to be played, by not playing them it ruins their careers whilst costing us a fortune.

I'd be somewhere in between in that I think we should only be signing players if we think that they can contribute by year two of their contracts, year one if they've cost a lot or if there is an immediate need in their position. Year three is normally their last and they will be unprotected.

Aaron Pierre on 16:07 - Jan 21 with 7255 viewsClive_Anderson

Aaron Pierre on 16:03 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd be somewhere in between in that I think we should only be signing players if we think that they can contribute by year two of their contracts, year one if they've cost a lot or if there is an immediate need in their position. Year three is normally their last and they will be unprotected.

If they've not played for a year then by year two they are even worse than when they arrived.

Buy players to be played or don't bother at all in my opinion. This backup player stuff doesn't work for us.
Aaron Pierre on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 7254 viewsDaiHo0p

He has a big DONG.
Aaron Pierre on 16:14 - Jan 21 with 7235 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 16:07 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

If they've not played for a year then by year two they are even worse than when they arrived.

Buy players to be played or don't bother at all in my opinion. This backup player stuff doesn't work for us.

You could either find them a good loan for part or all of year 1 or, like Liverpool used to, and even us in the 90's, let them learn our tactics in the reserves while bringing them through gradually. Both methods have worked in the past but the club would have to be well-run for this to succeed.

Aaron Pierre on 16:15 - Jan 21 with 7229 viewsjamois

Aaron Pierre on 15:42 - Jan 21 by ichbinnaughty

Harsh. Very harsh on Chief.

When played in his position, he is a consistently decent and decently consistent performer.
Yes he makes some mistakes, who doesn't; but a) he's human, and b) perhaps why he's still wearing the Hoops.

Absolutely no need to level criticism at him.
Not when there are at least 5 other contenders far more deserving.

It was my honest assessment of him and I know it's going to be the minority view here. He's a good guy for sure. And yes, we are not a top club deserving of top class CBs so they'll have their limitations for sure. I just think he is overrated and I'd love to see someone more solid there. Of course there are other players who are easy to criticise and have very poor attitudes. But this was not a barbed criticism of Ned, it was simply a critique.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Aaron Pierre on 16:40 - Jan 21 with 7141 viewsadhoc_qpr

Aaron Pierre on 15:59 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

I know what you mean, but what I was trying to say is if we buy him now he won't be automatic first choice.

But no harm in getting him into the squad if we think he has first team ability - maybe he'll do what Hall's done and displace someone to earn a first team place pretty quickly.

He's a bit more of a developed player than the likes of Coll Donaldson etc that have been and gone before.
Aaron Pierre on 17:59 - Jan 21 with 7023 viewsenfieldargh

Aaron Pierre on 15:50 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

For some reason I read 'Aaron Pierre' and I think of 'Anton Rodgers'. I hope we're not signing him. He looked way past his 'French Fields' best in 'May to December'.

Having been working in Ireland all this week Brian I can understand the easy confusion.

This drought Guinness stuff dales the brain Brian hik

Wasn't Aaron Pierre in le breaking mal

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Aaron Pierre on 18:00 - Jan 21 with 7016 viewsTacticalR

Aaron Pierre on 16:08 - Jan 21 by DaiHo0p

He has a big DONG.

Yes, we need to look at the whole player.

Air hostess clique

Aaron Pierre on 18:18 - Jan 21 with 6978 viewsMatch82

Aaron Pierre on 15:50 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Split the difference and go for aaron rodgers?

Good at getting the ball downfield but some question over excessive use of hands. Also some concern about tendency to leave field when he's not involved.

Having said that he's dating Olivia Munn so our WAGs quota would improve
Aaron Pierre on 23:23 - Jan 21 with 6806 viewsdixiedean

He's good but a bit raw. V strong in the air and Gaz rates him highly. He's also made up to have got Harriman so that might oil the wheels. Will need a year or so to adjust at this level and develop on the ball but he's a solid defender and v strong in the air
Aaron Pierre on 23:28 - Jan 21 with 6791 viewsstan4england

Aaron Pierre on 18:18 - Jan 21 by Match82

Split the difference and go for aaron rodgers?

Good at getting the ball downfield but some question over excessive use of hands. Also some concern about tendency to leave field when he's not involved.

Having said that he's dating Olivia Munn so our WAGs quota would improve

He (Rodgers) has the mother of God on his side. That must be worth 6 points [NFL reference for the uninitiated]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024