Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Aaron Pierre 20:06 - Jan 20 with 12081 viewsMarc

We're rumoured to be interested in the lad

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/01/20/report-queens-park-rangers-want-wycombe-wan

Anyone know anything about him/seen him play?
Aaron Pierre on 23:36 - Jan 21 with 3526 viewsStanisgod

Aaron Pierre on 14:30 - Jan 21 by JonDoeman

Always been well overrated on here .

Been saying it for ages, glad to see some are taking the rose tinteds off at last.
An average championship centre half who makes an awful full back, nice guy and good club man agreed, but vastly over rated.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Aaron Pierre on 23:46 - Jan 21 with 3517 viewsClive_Anderson

Aaron Pierre on 16:14 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

You could either find them a good loan for part or all of year 1 or, like Liverpool used to, and even us in the 90's, let them learn our tactics in the reserves while bringing them through gradually. Both methods have worked in the past but the club would have to be well-run for this to succeed.

Has it worked for us though?

Who was the last player we signed to knock around the reserves or out on loan that ended up being good for us? Last one I can think of is Les himself.
Aaron Pierre on 00:26 - Jan 22 with 3459 viewsNorthernr

Aaron Pierre on 23:46 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

Who was the last player we signed to knock around the reserves or out on loan that ended up being good for us? Last one I can think of is Les himself.

Padula springs to mind since then, we barely used him at all for the first seven or eight months, ended up being the mainstay of a promoted team.
Aaron Pierre on 00:28 - Jan 22 with 3453 viewsPunteR

Aaron Pierre on 14:24 - Jan 21 by jamois

I'm probably one of the few on this board who is not a fan of the "Chief". I really don't understand the fuss and would love to see someone with better potential come in and oust him. I think, at least I like to think, it's a realistic prospect.

As far as I can work out, Onuoha appears to be lauded for the fact that he's good at last-ditch saving tackles and being a back-up at right-back. And for having a lovely tender relationship with his late mother who raised him all by herself etc. Oh, and he's well-mannered. And so somehow, with a lack of other options and a lack of 'good sorts' he was made captain. But on the downside his positional sense is poor, he cannot trap the ball, he cannot pass the ball and he is easily outwitted. In addition he's not a good leader of men on the pitch to the point of being almost anonymous. You cannot be a leader by example type if you're not very good.

So yeah, new young centre back, bring it on!

I'm not a massive fan either. He's seems a lovely guy with a good attitude but he lacks quality on the pitch Imo. He's also one of the big earners as well.
He does get off lightly on here for sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Aaron Pierre on 07:04 - Jan 22 with 3328 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 23:46 - Jan 21 by Clive_Anderson

Hasn't worked for us since we've been run terribly - too many changes in management and too much power put in the hands of successive managers. But it can work.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Aaron Pierre on 08:13 - Jan 22 with 3272 viewsisawqpratwcity

Aaron Pierre on 15:50 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

For some reason I read 'Aaron Pierre' and I think of 'Anton Rodgers'. I hope we're not signing him. He looked way past his 'French Fields' best in 'May to December'.

"'French Fields' best"?

Brian, I would gladly rescind the nuclear test ban treaty just so they could have a nice stack of dvds and videocassettes to test thermonuclear devices on.

Hang on, though, wait, just let me back up this tip truck-full of "Fresh Fields", too.

To his credit, he did once play Number Two in "The Prisoner".

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Aaron Pierre on 08:16 - Jan 22 with 3263 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 08:13 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

"'French Fields' best"?

Brian, I would gladly rescind the nuclear test ban treaty just so they could have a nice stack of dvds and videocassettes to test thermonuclear devices on.

Hang on, though, wait, just let me back up this tip truck-full of "Fresh Fields", too.

To his credit, he did once play Number Two in "The Prisoner".

Poor ol' Anton - he was in some stinkers. 'French fields' was like anaesthetic. It was warm, fuzzy and utterly coma-inducing.

Aaron Pierre on 08:23 - Jan 22 with 3254 viewsisawqpratwcity

Aaron Pierre on 08:16 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Poor ol' Anton - he was in some stinkers. 'French fields' was like anaesthetic. It was warm, fuzzy and utterly coma-inducing.

Can't quite agree, Brian. There's something about Julia McKenzie that is extremely irritating and makes me want to throw things at the screen.

Login to get fewer ads

Aaron Pierre on 08:29 - Jan 22 with 3245 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 08:23 - Jan 22 by isawqpratwcity

Can't quite agree, Brian. There's something about Julia McKenzie that is extremely irritating and makes me want to throw things at the screen.

Don't worry, man - tongue firmly in cheek here. I hated it, hence the coma-inducing comment!

It was that too-nice, middle-class, middle-of-the-road, populace-mollifying vomit that represented the worst of British 'comedy'. For every Monty Python there was ten middle-class sickpieces like French Fields.

Aaron Pierre on 12:54 - Jan 22 with 3166 viewsClive_Anderson

Aaron Pierre on 07:04 - Jan 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Hasn't worked for us since we've been run terribly - too many changes in management and too much power put in the hands of successive managers. But it can work.

As far as I can see the same applies to almost all clubs that try and buy players "for the future".

The only clubs that get the occasional gems like Bale and De Bruyne are the ones that buy up huge numbers of young players with amounts of money that we can't possibly compete with. And even then the failure rate is massive.
Aaron Pierre on 12:57 - Jan 22 with 3154 viewsMick_S

Aaron Pierre on 15:50 - Jan 21 by BrianMcCarthy

For some reason I read 'Aaron Pierre' and I think of 'Anton Rodgers'. I hope we're not signing him. He looked way past his 'French Fields' best in 'May to December'.

Funny Brian, I thought of this Anton - easily done, eh?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Aaron Pierre on 13:19 - Jan 22 with 3095 viewsTheBlob

I think we should Aaron the side of caution.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Aaron Pierre on 13:39 - Jan 22 with 3033 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 12:57 - Jan 22 by Mick_S

Funny Brian, I thought of this Anton - easily done, eh?

Anton Dec?
[Post edited 22 Jan 2016 13:40]

Aaron Pierre on 13:42 - Jan 22 with 3023 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aaron Pierre on 12:54 - Jan 22 by Clive_Anderson

As far as I can see the same applies to almost all clubs that try and buy players "for the future".

The only clubs that get the occasional gems like Bale and De Bruyne are the ones that buy up huge numbers of young players with amounts of money that we can't possibly compete with. And even then the failure rate is massive.

It seems we're not going to agree, but that's ok too.

Aaron Pierre on 13:52 - Jan 22 with 3012 viewsQPR_Jim

Aaron Pierre on 12:54 - Jan 22 by Clive_Anderson

I don't think that applies to us, we're not looking for a de bruyne or a bale we just need them to be better than Henry and Hoilett. That should be achievable with decent scouting of young players from lower leagues or those not given a chance at a premiership team, hall being a good example.

At the end of the day our punts on players like this are low risk as worst case (they're in the reserve's and look rubbish is worst case I guess) we don't play them unless there is an injury crisis. If decent they can form part of the squad and avoid having to sign a perch/Henry or loan an established player with a higher salary (konchesky). Anything above that is a bonus.
Aaron Pierre on 14:21 - Jan 22 with 2875 viewsjamois

Aaron Pierre on 13:52 - Jan 22 by QPR_Jim

I don't think that applies to us, we're not looking for a de bruyne or a bale we just need them to be better than Henry and Hoilett. That should be achievable with decent scouting of young players from lower leagues or those not given a chance at a premiership team, hall being a good example.

At the end of the day our punts on players like this are low risk as worst case (they're in the reserve's and look rubbish is worst case I guess) we don't play them unless there is an injury crisis. If decent they can form part of the squad and avoid having to sign a perch/Henry or loan an established player with a higher salary (konchesky). Anything above that is a bonus.

"I don't think that applies to us, we're not looking for a de bruyne or a bale we just need them to be better than Henry and Hoilett..."

...and dare I suggest, better than Ned too...?

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Aaron Pierre on 14:30 - Jan 22 with 2847 viewsQPR_Jim

Aaron Pierre on 14:21 - Jan 22 by jamois

"I don't think that applies to us, we're not looking for a de bruyne or a bale we just need them to be better than Henry and Hoilett..."

...and dare I suggest, better than Ned too...?

Doesn't have the same ring to it but yes ned too, we'll have to replace everyone at some point....apart from Hill.
Aaron Pierre on 14:59 - Jan 22 with 2808 viewsQPunkR

Aaron Pierre on 14:30 - Jan 22 by QPR_Jim

Doesn't have the same ring to it but yes ned too, we'll have to replace everyone at some point....apart from Hill.

QPR - "shit but local"

Aaron Pierre on 15:29 - Jan 22 with 2763 viewsJamie

Wycombe fans adore him and think he's irreplaceable.
Aaron Pierre on 15:56 - Jan 22 with 2721 viewsisawqpratwcity

Damn, if only he wasn't cup-tied to them!

Aaron Pierre on 16:58 - Jan 22 with 2647 viewsCanadaRanger

So... QPR could buy him and then loan him to Wycombe.
He gets to train with our lot one or two days a week to learn the ropes, set pieces, etc.
That also helps Wild Thing at Wycombe.
Then when we need him he's ready.
Thoughts?
Aaron Pierre on 18:24 - Jan 22 with 2538 viewsDorse

Aaron Pierre on 16:58 - Jan 22 by CanadaRanger

So... QPR could buy him and then loan him to Wycombe.
He gets to train with our lot one or two days a week to learn the ropes, set pieces, etc.
That also helps Wild Thing at Wycombe.
Then when we need him he's ready.
Thoughts?

I have several thoughts. I am transmitting them now.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Aaron Pierre on 18:27 - Jan 22 with 2533 viewskropotkin41

Aaron Pierre on 13:21 - Jan 21 by R_from_afar

I've seen him play for Wycombe 7 or 8 times. I'm not sure how he will cope with the faster pace of the Championship but he always looks very comfortable and assured when he plays for The Chairboys. He is very strong and a real rock at the back, imperious in the air too, as you would probably expect.

Could have potential. There, see, I've jinxed him.

RFA

Nice avatar, mate

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Aaron Pierre on 00:00 - Jan 23 with 2320 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I understand the logic in buying players with 1 eye on the future when you already have a settled squad. However the squad is short in several areas and need improving asap.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024